Aston Villa v Newcastle United Match Thread (Sat 23) | Page 29 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Newcastle United Match Thread (Sat 23)

Good result, just disappointed we didn't tear into them in the second half. It was just like.... oh well, we may as well close down the shop.

Not a complaint, merely an observation, that was a real training ground stroll, but we didnt seem to create that many openings.
The final ball around the edge of the box was given away too many times.
We were like a knife through butter at times but wasted a fair bit of possesion.
A bit more clinical and that would have been a slaughter.

Marv was interesting to watch tonight. Really assured from him, but he doesn't half slow the game down. I never feared when he was in possession, but a few moments aside, didn't see him offering much going forward.

If we ever decided to sell him, any team that parks the bus would be all over him. Perhaps he has a place in some matches - could he have brought about some calm last Wednesday?

Marv was interesting to watch tonight. Really assured from him, but he doesn't half slow the game down. I never feared when he was in possession, but a few moments aside, didn't see him offering much going forward.

If we ever decided to sell him, any team that parks the bus would be all over him. Perhaps he has a place in some matches - could he have brought about some calm last Wednesday?

He‘s not there to offer things going forward.

I thought he was superb tonight. Does what it says on the tin. Get it, give it to the players that can.

He's a defensive mid he wins it he gives it , that's what he does neat tidy and keeps the ball