Aston Villa v Newcastle United Match Thread (Sat 23) | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Newcastle United Match Thread (Sat 23)

Need 6 points from the next two to keep the season on track and keep the Europa league target alive.

A nice dominant performance and a clean sheet are what I expect. Newcastle are arguably the weakest and most out of form team in the division at the moment. Nothing other than a win is acceptable for my mental health.

No SJM for this one but I think we could go 4-1-4-1 for this Newcastle aren't going to go for it are they.

Luiz holding and 4 supporting Watkins who needs to start scoring again or at least missing a few

McGinn suspended perfect game to use the squad and drop Connor in , oh wait ...
That's right we've weakened the squad without strengthening it first

McGinn suspended perfect game to use the squad and drop Connor in , oh wait ...
That's right we've weakened the squad without strengthening it first

Apart from the fact that if Conor was still with us he wouldn’t have played as he hasn’t featured since Wet Spam 30/11/20 and others have been bought into start ahead of him in games since Wet Spam.

Need 6 points from the next two to keep the season on track and keep the Europa league target alive.

A nice dominant performance and a clean sheet are what I expect. Newcastle are arguably the weakest and most out of form team in the division at the moment. Nothing other than a win is acceptable for my mental health.

I expect a level of desire similar to what we saw at Liverpool. If we can score early the flood gates will open.

No SJM for this one but I think we could go 4-1-4-1 for this Newcastle aren't going to go for it are they.

Luiz holding and 4 supporting Watkins who needs to start scoring again or at least missing a few
I think he'll drop Barkley a bit deeper, Grealish central and El Ghazi out wide left and try and keep the formation as much as possible. It's my understanding that they aren't going to be doing a whole lot of training in between games for the next couple of weeks so I doubt there will be many huge tactical changes.

Bruce will park the bus, get one on the break (Callum Wilson) and we'll struggle to break them down. Hopefully we'll nick an equaliser.

Well apparently Hause is out for several weeks with a foot injury, so nothing to do with Covid as we all thought. Looks like it will be Taylor in for Targett if he is injured :eek: