Woodyard | Page 6 | Vital Football

Woodyard

Let’s not forget Woodyard also raises issues with the commute whilst here as time progressed. Expect something London based.

Just can't see it myself! The Woodyard ship sailed a long time ago and we have moved beyond him imo! I maybe wrong but who knows.

He should have stayed here for the journey instead of letting his agent push into where the agent would make more money! Then again I wonder how many other players are wishing they hadn't jumped ship when they did? Waterfall, Raggett, Angol etc. I bet they are all casting an envious eye at Sincil Bank now!

Just can't see it myself! The Woodyard ship sailed a long time ago and we have moved beyond him imo! I maybe wrong but who knows.

He should have stayed here for the journey instead of letting his agent push into where the agent would make more money! Then again I wonder how many other players are wishing they hadn't jumped ship when they did? Waterfall, Raggett, Angol etc. I bet they are all casting an envious eye at Sincil Bank now!
Waterfall would have been politely moved on.. and Raggett has just been injury plagued, he didnt make a wrong career move, he has just been unlucky. Angol maybe regrets not staying.

I think the Angol one is unfair. We wouldn't pay the transfer fee agreed with Peterborough, exactly the same scenario as O'Hara. The difference with Angol is that Mansfield snapped him up and no one has come in for O'Hara.

Waterfall would have been politely moved on.. and Raggett has just been injury plagued, he didnt make a wrong career move, he has just been unlucky. Angol maybe regrets not staying.

Totally agree re Raggett. But then I also think that he was bought to sell on - a bit like what Danny is doing with Bradley. Work colleague of mine who's from Norwich claims that Norwich had no intention of playing him in the first team as they already had a stable back four with backups on the bench. He'll be traded eventually. Nothing we could have done about it.

Totally agree re Raggett. But then I also think that he was bought to sell on - a bit like what Danny is doing with Bradley. Work colleague of mine who's from Norwich claims that Norwich had no intention of playing him in the first team as they already had a stable back four with backups on the bench. He'll be traded eventually. Nothing we could have done about it.

Open to be proved wrong but I thought Norwich were playing with a back 3 when they signed Sean?

If we had the luxury of being able to afford him, I'd have Woodyard back. We certainly need cover for O'Connor IMO. I think we saw on Saturday that we need someone of his type rather than another Bostwick in there, for example.

That position has probably evolved slightly to an O'Connor type i.e. being able to dictate play rather than a Woodyard, who was never as bad a passer of the ball as some made out (he was clearly under instructions to pass out to the FB's in his time here) but everything seems a bit more measured now.

DC`s post match interview after Donny game intimates that he thinks we are short of legs in midfield.....i agree and tip that we will get Woodyard back as a loanee

watch this space?

AW not in Posh squad again today

best defensive holding midfield player( for overturning possession) i have seen in a red and white shirt....get on the blower DC

Last edited:
DC`s post match interview after Donny game intimates that he thinks we are short of legs in midfield.....i agree and tip that we will get Woodyard back as a loanee

watch this space?

AW not in Posh squad again today

best defensive holding midfield player( for overturning possession) i have seen in a red and white shirt....get on the blower DC
Listen again, he does make the point about being short of legs in midfield, but because we are missing Frecks and Pett, more attack minded players than Woodyard. So do we know anyone else available at Posh who might fit that bill?

Listen again, he does make the point about being short of legs in midfield, but because we are missing Frecks and Pett, more attack minded players than Woodyard. So do we know anyone else available at Posh who might fit that bill?

Frecks and Pett may both be a long way from putting on a shirt and boots on for LCFC in the near future.
..............if Morrell is crocked what cover do we have for his role in the first 11 (mobile holding midfielder) answer.........none?
if we pick up AW it`s only a loan deal.
Posh want a fee for O`Hara and we are not paying,i feel that deal is history......could be proved wrong?

Frecks and Pett may both be a long way from putting on a shirt and boots on for LCFC in the near future.
..............if Morrell is crocked what cover do we have for his role in the first 11 (mobile holding midfielder) answer.........none?
if we pick up AW it`s only a loan deal.
Posh want a fee for O`Hara and we are not paying,i feel that deal is history......could be proved wrong?
This is Danny Cowley we are talking about, he loves to tease and play games and usually returns to players he may have missed out on before. Some think they saw O'Hara on the press conference video last week at the training ground, but that may be wrong. And don't forget he would also add cover at c/h. Could be an interesting week off the field as Danny is not happy with whats happened on it recently.

This is Danny Cowley we are talking about, he loves to tease and play games and usually returns to players he may have missed out on before. Some think they saw O'Hara on the press conference video last week at the training ground, but that may be wrong. And don't forget he would also add cover at c/h. Could be an interesting week off the field as Danny is not happy with whats happened on it recently.

I too reckon we will see a few new heads in this week ,especially as the Everton gate/tv monies are going to bring in that little extra bit of cash.

might have been a deliberate move to hold on as long as possible in august, see how 5 or 6 league games go... before deciding where these loan reinforcements are most needed.

Anyone who watched that today and didn't think Alex Woodyard's defensive awareness, stamina, ability to get around the pitch and keep the ball wouldn't have improved our performance was watching a different game to me.

I would gladly welcome Woodyard or O'Hara (help for O'Connor) but I would prefer the latter for his physical presence in both boxes.

I would gladly welcome Woodyard or O'Hara (help for O'Connor) but I would prefer the latter for his physical presence in both boxes.

Good point. We looked ineffective from our set pieces today and vulnerable from theirs. There's only really the centre backs with any height and physical presence until Akinde comes on.

Anyone who watched that today and didn't think Alex Woodyard's defensive awareness, stamina, ability to get around the pitch and keep the ball wouldn't have improved our performance was watching a different game to me.

plus for Wycombe ...............no Morrell .........Wales call up.