Woodyard | Page 5 | Vital Football

Woodyard

The Cowley policy is always that incoming players are better than those they replace.

On that basis, re-signing Woodyard would be a step backwards - despite his contribution to the club when he was with us.

I wouldn't be adverse to him coming back if the deal was in our favour. I think i'd probably take him over O'Hara. He would be cover for O'Connor bit is a good age whereas o'Connor and Freck aren't.

How would folk react to Bruno for BOTH Woodyard and O'Hara?
A goal scoring and assist providing winger even in the last year of his contract come/go at a premium cost and Bruno's position would then desperately need cover as we would only be left with Harry and Jorge. So for me it would be both of their unwanted players PLUS cash or another winger that could do a job for us. We should be dictating terms on this one but it is entirely moot if 'boro don't want him or Bruno wanted to run down his contract.

The Cowley policy is always that incoming players are better than those they replace.

On that basis, re-signing Woodyard would be a step backwards - despite his contribution to the club when he was with us.

He has had a season in L1 so should be a better player than when he left.

However, bringing him back isn't what we need to strengthen the more vulnerable areas of squad.

[QUOTE="Impetus, post: 1961961, member: 10381"]The Cowley policy is always that incoming players are better than those they replace.

On that basis, re-signing Woodyard would be a step backwards - despite his contribution to the club when he was with us.[/QUOTE]

Woodyard left due to his agent p1ssing in his ear..............,DC had no intention of moving him on.

Woodyard" a step backwards" i have to disagree,to me he is a better holding midfielder than anything in our squad currently, but it`s all a matter of opinion.(next best Morrell)

Regardless of whether it is the right or wrong thing for Alex to come back I remember The Murph playing a blinder with Glenn Cockerill. Sold him to Swindon for good money, bought him back for a song; he played incredible football and sold him again for even more money to Sheffield United. Now if DC pulled off a manoeuvre like that then no-one would be debating the issue.

Regardless of whether it is the right or wrong thing for Alex to come back I remember The Murph playing a blinder with Glenn Cockerill. Sold him to Swindon for good money, bought him back for a song; he played incredible football and sold him again for even more money to Sheffield United. Now if DC pulled off a manoeuvre like that then no-one would be debating the issue.
I doubt that, this is Peterbro money men we would be dealing with!

Free to go is that free to a good home help yourself from the table at the side of the road or will we have to part with Money?

We have what in Spain they call "overbooking" in that area of the pitch. For a squad light on numbers we already have O'Connor, Pett, Frecklington, Morrell and if necessary (and it was on Saturday) Bostwick.

So regardless of whether Peterborough think he is not up to the level they should be at, one of those would have to go.

No! No! No! Woodward was a reasonable (but in my view a tad overrated) player. O’Hara still needs to develop, has potential but is still quite green. Think we need more established pros. Anyhow, if they’re not good enough for Posh, then they’re not good enough for us!
Harry and Bossie were deemed surplus to requirements at Peterborough and I would back DC to get more out of O'Hara than chip off the old block Ferguson ever could even if he tried. While we are at it I wonder if Joe Ward is still at their place. I always thought he had enough about him to be good cover for our level. For all the sparring with D Mac it's highly probable we will continue to wheel and deal with them - I'm sure that DC and that lot down the A15 privately enjoy the banter or craic they have with each other.

Comment out of today`s press conference,prior to MK game, DC still in the market for a midfielder.

He did mention also that ideally we would also want a left back,centre half,winger and a centre forward.

Will he be on the phone to "Select Sports Management."