The Stadium! | Page 137 | Vital Football

The Stadium!

Having seen the videos over the weekend of the stadium ,anybody else think the slope off the pitch along the touch lines is very very close close to the playing area . The taking of long throws ,corners and subs warming up is going to come down to an art form . Linesmen won't have much of a platform to run along . It's all very tight

Peroni is the daddy larger. Staropramen is the best beer though. :p
Yup, like a drop of Peroni, Carlsberg Export worth a try although I am sure you have. Lots of development going on into beers at Carlsberg Northampton , I get called in their sometimes to deliver samples to businesses etc. I came away with about 10 cases of craft beer that was left over after an exhibition. They said they had written it off as being samples but hardly anyone drunk any.

Having seen the videos over the weekend of the stadium ,anybody else think the slope off the pitch along the touch lines is very very close close to the playing area . The taking of long throws ,corners and subs warming up is going to come down to an art form . Linesmen won't have much of a platform to run along . It's all very tight

I did think that when I saw it tbh. We all want to be close to the pitch but can see players at full pelt struggling to stop in time!

You're right about stopping in time Fruend , also the time wasting tactic of two or three players taking the ball into the corner , with the Lino in close attendance , subs running up and down , and ball boys ,is going to turn into a bit of a pantomime , ha ha .
I really can't see how a left footed corner ,in swinging ,for example ,on the right hand side of the pitch ,will be possible . Or anybody taking more than three steps to launch a long throw in the box ,will have to run uphill first . If we practice on it all the time , it will give us an advantage against teams that only play there once a season

Yup, like a drop of Peroni, Carlsberg Export worth a try although I am sure you have. Lots of development going on into beers at Carlsberg Northampton , I get called in their sometimes to deliver samples to businesses etc. I came away with about 10 cases of craft beer that was left over after an exhibition. They said they had written it off as being samples but hardly anyone drunk any.

I have only had Carlsberg Export pissed so have never appreciated it. Not a fan of Carlsberg original. Will give it another whirl. :p

Had a wonder up tody to have a look around, I have no idea how it was planning to be ready for the Liverpool game and if it was what state it would have been in.

They were working on escalators and turnstiles inside the ground....

Im not a builder, but these seem pretty key things?

Had a wonder up tody to have a look around, I have no idea how it was planning to be ready for the Liverpool game and if it was what state it would have been in.

They were working on escalators and turnstiles inside the ground....

Im not a builder, but these seem pretty key things?

As I understand it the original launch plan was to start at much lower capacities, but the plan changed when it did and the 'finishing' priorities were changed, that and the cable issues meant that integrating them all into the entirely digital BM/safety systems meant that the knock on effect delayed key finishing work - so the schedules of work were all amended.

At least that was what I was told.

In any event, I almost don't care anymore, I'm drooling at he prospect of being in there, even if it is next year. It is truly incredible, and someone is going to be hard pushed to beat it for the next few decades.

Can't remember if it was Levy, Mace or both but they said that initial plan was to open it unfinished but safe, don't recall them saying anything about reduced capacity. Once cable issues were revealed they brought forward lots of work that was going to take place in the summer.

In a way it's better this way, just wish they could have it ready for Dortmund.

I'd just add that the idea of the super long bars and fast beer dispensing will be very welcome. I often don't bother with pre-match or half time refreshments 'cos of the dreaded queues. Alleviates that issue. The whole of the interior looks better than any airport I've visited.

From what I have seen on all the videos on the day ,the food and drink prices are really good "
Amstel £4 a pint as Freund said ,and the burgers etc similarly fair priced
Blimey that seems a lot to me £4 a pint. I'm used to paying under three a pint in our local for all beers unless it's something extra special.
But then again it is a free house in the wilds of south Wales.
Only paid just over 3 a pint for Stella in bindipper land pub I was in when we played le arse.
Go to Spoons here and it is around the 2 to 2.50 mark for ales