The Stadium! | Page 135 | Vital Football

The Stadium!

Figures of 15 mil per season have been mentioned and 350k per match but not sure if correct.
Thanks NRD, so by the time we move out we are probably looking at around £1.3m a game if that figure is correct.
So the club would need to get around 25,000 through the gate just to pay for the stadium, not a real surprise then that charges are so high. Again you could argue that the cost of Wembley should be attributed to the cost of the stadium, but it's no wonder the club pushed so hard to get into new stadium.

Figures of 15 mil per season have been mentioned and 350k per match but not sure if correct.

that was last season - heard it's a lot more per game this season as we weren't expecting to be there so long

now fans have stopped going and the club are refunding ST holders on a game by game basis I'm guessing we're operating at a loss, plus losing the matchday revenue from the new stadium.

Levy said to the THST that these extra unanticipated costs (including extra stadium build costs) would have an impact on our transfer budgets. Whilst they were originally ring-fenced we're over budget in other areas.

Hopefully progressing in the CL brings in enough to somewhat offset this as we all know some spending in Jan is key.

that was last season - heard it's a lot more per game this season as we weren't expecting to be there so long

now fans have stopped going and the club are refunding ST holders on a game by game basis I'm guessing we're operating at a loss, plus losing the matchday revenue from the new stadium.

Levy said to the THST that these extra unanticipated costs (including extra stadium build costs) would have an impact on our transfer budgets. Whilst they were originally ring-fenced we're over budget in other areas.

Hopefully progressing in the CL brings in enough to somewhat offset this as we all know some spending in Jan is key.
That's worrying to hear.

It has repeatedly been rammed down our throats that the stadium build will not impact on player budget. Is this a U turn ?

It has repeatedly been rammed down our throats that the stadium build will not impact on player budget. Is this a U turn ?
Worrying as that statement is I'm not sure it qualifies as a U turn, those statement were made one would assume based on projected budget and timescale of project. If we have gone substantially over budget and more importantly 4 month late in generating the additional revenue from stadium, then it's hard to see that it doesn't have an impact. The real question IMO is how big is that impact.

All along the press have been suggesting it will impact on signings. Some of us were concerned it would. We were told the budget was ring fenced. So the fence has had to be broken and the team suffers ?

All along the press have been suggesting it will impact on signings. Some of us were concerned it would. We were told the budget was ring fenced. So the fence has had to be broken and the team suffers ?

We will do what we always do NRD, we will spend what we raise. That hasn't changed in nearly 20 years I can't see that changing now.

We need to shift some players, it's the only way new blood will be brought in.

Latest Ive heard is that corporate invites are being sent out for the barcodes game .
As this is a fan base that I'm never ever going to be associated with , was wondering if anyone else has heard this.

As with all the other constant supply of rumours ,this could also be a lot of Bow Locks , I know .

Spurs’ ground rules
Tottenham Hotspur will have to seek special dispensation from Uefa if they want to play the home leg of Champions League knockout ties at their new stadium. Article 24.05 of the Champions League regulations states that “in principle, a club must play all its matches in the competition at one and the same venue” and that “as of the play-offs the venue can be changed only based on a Uefa decision”.

Tottenham staged their three group matches at Wembley because of the delay to the opening of their new stadium, which they are hoping will be ready for their round-of-16 tie in February. Spurs will speak to Uefa early next month when their schedule for opening the stadium should be clearer, after which they can decide whether to make a formal appea

Latest Ive heard is that corporate invites are being sent out for the barcodes game .
As this is a fan base that I'm never ever going to be associated with , was wondering if anyone else has heard this.

As with all the other constant supply of rumours ,this could also be a lot of Bow Locks , I know .

As someone who regularly does hospitality, I spoke with my account contact yesterday - anything you are hearing is 'hoped for' ....

Await the next stadium update from the club, post the test events, because if the cert is granted, it could well be 'game on'.

While it is unlikely that I will be able to get to a game any time soon I simply can't wait, this stadium will surely make it a little easier to attract players.

We will do what we always do NRD, we will spend what we raise. That hasn't changed in nearly 20 years I can't see that changing now.

We need to shift some players, it's the only way new blood will be brought in.
Rose reckoned that there would more than likely be no January signings, and I read the other day Poch hinting that we may not be making any signings until the summer window. If that is true then make of it and read into it whatever you want.