1st Game | Page 3 | Vital Football

1st Game

Steer, Bree, Chester (c), Elphick, Hutton, Albert, Hourihane, Jedinak, Green, Grealish, Kodjia.

Subs: GK, Taylor, Elmo, Lansbury, Whelan, Davis, Hogan

We've also got O'Hare, Doyle-Hayes, RHM, Lyden kicking around, as well as the lesser spotted McCormack and Richards.

Plenty to choose from, assuming things don't go into total meltdown between now and August.

Seems like Jedi, Chester Grealish and Kodjia won't be with us.

So for me...

Steer
Elmo
Hutton
Elphick
Sulliman

Albert
Hourihane
JDH
Lansbury
Green

Hogan

Subs -

Bunn
Taylor
Bree
Clark
Whelan
Gardner
Davies
RHM

Wonder if Ross McCormack will still be paid huge wages to do nothing or if he'll get a second chance. Said it before, managers need to manage what they have, not ostracise like they seem to these days and go for the next player via the cheque book.

Is he ideal?

no.

Can beggars be choosers?
Exactly if Bruce continues to cut his nose off to spite with this Ross McCormack and bombs him out again. It would be better to try and sell him very cheap, do a swap deal with someone or just give him away for free.
Alternatively give him chance to earn his wages, Same with Richards in my opinion.

If they're unfit to play, and can't prove the likelihood of doing so, cash in the insurance on them.

I believe we gave Fat Ross a second chance last summer but he couldn't be arsed getting properly fit - he knows he will get paid whether we play him or not. We would be better off selling him cut price to get him away from the training ground

I believe we gave Fat Ross a second chance last summer but he couldn't be arsed getting properly fit - he knows he will get paid whether we play him or not. We would be better off selling him cut price to get him away from the training ground

I have no idea. No one has any idea. But thinking logically I believe the club would have done everything they can instead of trying to prove some petty point. That is not in the club's interest at all. McCormack HAS to take ultimate responsibility as the individual. Managers, coaches, support workers can only do so much .

It seems though the default position for most on here is that The club is the one not giving him a chance and are continually to blame. While Fat boy is getting a free hit bless him and his million pounds of piss taking he is doing to me and you.

Still let's blame everyone else apart from him.

I've no idea about Ross either, and I'm not going to guess. He took up the loan options readily enough and I don't think you could accuse him of not wanting to play, unlike Gabby who refused to go out on loan.

Whatever the reason, I think it's a waste, one not in the club's interest.

Are we forgetting McCormack was pretty slow and shite when he did play or is he getting better now he's been out for as long as we can remember.
He IS a waste of space with a bad attitude . Leave him to rot the clown

Are we forgetting McCormack was pretty slow and shite when he did play or is he getting better now he's been out for as long as we can remember.
He IS a waste of space with a bad attitude . Leave him to rot the clown

:clap::clap::clap:

Fed up with reading the club should doing this, Bruce should be doing that. We are not talking about what Fat boy should be doing. It's a two way street .

Dunno about you lot but I'm thoroughly looking forward to the new season.

:clown::help::silly:

Yes roll on the football! The financial stuff is totally out of fans hands, there is nothing we can do about it, but we have a decent squad, with many with plenty to prove, and a manager who now knows these players inside out. This season is when we should start to see the benefits of keeping a manager more than 12 months.

I don't want the season to start, it's going to be dire .
---------- steer---------------
De Laet Sulliman elphick hutton
Green Whelan Gardner Ohare
------ Davis -- hogan ---------

we need to find a way of getting ross playing and scoring . we all know he is or was one of the best at this level and we never paid all that money for nothing . bruce and ross need to sort out there beefs and act like pro's this wouldnt happen in any other work place
maybe they need to see someone who can sit them both down and talk or if bruce wont play him them maybe bruce should pay his wages

if ross had the same game time a hogen im sure he would have scored a lot more goals

if ross had the same game time a hogen im sure he would have scored a lot more goals

When Ross came he was the first forward to start scoring goals under RDM. He can do it. When Bruce came he had the luxury of Kodjia running into form and didn't need to play him. Last season we didn't have Kodjia, and until Grabban came we relied on goals from midfield; Ross could have done a job.

Doesn't make sense.

Agree , we need to try and integrate McCormack back into the team. Same with Richards. And elphick.
Fresh start for all .

I'm not sure 3 goals in 20 appearances is much of a scoring record to be honest.

But he is a drain on the the club's finances, so he and the club really should be pulling up trees to find a solution and preferably a way back into the squad.

My biggest criticism of Bruce is the way he discarded McCormack, a player who had scored 66 times in the championship over the previous 3 seasons, and replaced him with a guy who had only even played 8 times in championship prior to that season and before that had only ever played in league 2 and non league! The fee was ridiculous the wages offered were obscene for player of that level. Bruce should have been told to man up and earn his money as manager and get the best out of his existing players before asking for big money signings in positions we already had. Maybe partially Bruce’s fault and partially the board for allowing it.