New Forum & Front Tomorrow | Vital Football

New Forum & Front Tomorrow

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Hey Folks

There might be some downtime tomorrow as we are updating to new forums and a better front page.

It went down well with the guinea pig, Vital Villa. So hopefully you will all like it.

Gulp!

It will be easier to embed twitter, images and youtube etc. Plus you can bold, italic, etc as well.

Same logins for the forum. The front page you have to put your username in again I'm afraid. Comments will be updated in the coming months.

Just a reminder that things are changing tomorrow.

The site will be down for some undetermined time as they enhance it.

Easier to embed twitter posts and various other media into our discussions which will be great.

Yup. Looks much better, massively improved UI.

Ads are still a little annoying as they load slower than the page. So you tap a thread and by the time it loads an ad has popped up and it's decided you've tapped that instead.

It's certainly an improvement . Still taking time to get used to but that's only normal . Agree with Freund about the ads . A bit tedious trying to get to the sub threads/pages unless I haven't worked it out yet properly . It's certainly better ,in that my iPad still crashes whilst trying to compose a comment ,but at least it appears to save what I've typed . Before , I could be three quarters of a way through a five pages long comment (ha ha ) , the site would crash and I would have to start all over again. Sometimes I would give up and not bother , so maybe it's not an improvement, and you wouldn't get to hear my pearls of wisdom :wahey:

The ads will help this site survive.

HAs anyone found a "new threads" button on the Desktop UI? It's on the mobile one.

Comments, questions and suggestions in here, please. All welcome.

The ads will help this site survive.

HAs anyone found a "new threads" button on the Desktop UI? It's on the mobile one.

If you look at the top of each forum you will see 'thread Title' - just type the new thread title in there and hey presto = new thread!

^ Thank you. That was useful but no, it wasn't that I was referring to. It was the filter that you could click on and only the threads with recent posts would show.

^ Thank you. That was useful but no, it wasn't that I was referring to. It was the filter that you could click on and only the threads with recent posts would show.

there is a filter button on the top right of the thread; think that might give you what you want?

No. I don't think this format will. Just have to adjust the way I look at things quickly. The alerts button is useful.

Cancel what I said about finding the sub forums as being "a bit tedious" . I've just found out how to find them . Gawd knows what I was doing but I've sorted it out now . You can all rest easy in your beds tonight , with no fretting :shake:

My name was changed from Pollo to SpurPollo.

Wtf.