MATCH THREAD … The NLD 28/4/24 Home | Page 12 | Vital Football

MATCH THREAD … The NLD 28/4/24 Home

I don't think they have been outmatched individually. We just can't do the basics at corners and then Ange's set up leaves Saka in acres of space on the counter

Teams know they can just let us have the ball, we won't hurt them and will eventually give it away and they can attack the space.

So he doesn't train tactics
Doesn't oversee the issues we have

What has he done in the past 14 days since Newcastle ?

Say mate a lot?
He said in an interview he doesn’t when Eric dier said that he was nothing like conte. His coaches set the tactical side from week to week as long as it falls under his umbrella of attacking football style. He doesn’t do defence by sounds of it at all

Teams know they can just let us have the ball, we won't hurt them and will eventually give it away and they can attack the space.

Exactly....under light or hell no pressure, we consistently give the ball away and are vulnerable on counters.

And our attack is toothless....

All emotion aside,we hit the post , Mickey had a dodgy offside,and we give them an OG. They have been extremely lucky in fairness,they haven't played us off the park by any means,get an early goal 2nd half and a least give it a go for the fans. C.O Y.S.

Really frustrating watch to see our build up play being good only for the front 4 to shit the bed when we get it to them.
On set pieces of you can defend a ball swung in to the front post then you won't get anywhere as a team. Far too often we have struggled there this season. It's a massive weakness.
When on the break, the forwards always want to slow the ball down and it just let's all the arsenal players get back
When we turn the ball over Davies versus Saka is an obvious massive issue. But it doesn't take a genius to realise that was going to be the case

Arsenal are 3 up and haven't even had to do anything yet

All emotion aside,we hit the post , Mickey had a dodgy offside,and we give them an OG. They have been extremely lucky in fairness,they haven't played us off the park by any means,get an early goal 2nd half and a least give it a go for the fans. C.O Y.S.
They are in first gear.

Up front...Richi, Son, Soloman, Kulu, Werner..... None of them good enough for up top. I would keep Son for the left wing, keep Kulu as a midfield option and bin the rest. Only BJ gets some slack in my opinion.

In Midfield Hobby, Biss, Skipp and Loco should get in the departure lounge, waste of changing room pegs, the lot of them.

As for this experiment with Porro at RB, I still would like to see him given a crack at RW, at least for a game or two. We have nothing up front and I'm certain he would be more productive than most of the cretins we play up there.

Too many players just not performing and it's become too easy for oppositions to score from set pieces. Ange's to get a settled midfield is a big problem.

I refuse to delve into another merry-go-round of blaming the manager because another change of manager will be the final nail in our coffin. Ange needs to be given time.

We are really hard to watch again though. Gutless, jaded and extremely poor at decision making.

This is a coach who knows what he is doing and one who doesn’t. Arsenal have let us have the ball, waited for us to give it away and then strolled through our non existent defence.
Ange is clearly too arrogant to think we need a set piece coach. He prefers to give a chance to a new coach. Not good enough. We are paying a fortune for our season tickets and we deserve better than this. We’ll let the opposition worry about us is simply not good enough.
He is so out of his depth at this level. I do not want to waste another season with him in chance. Get rid now rather than wait for the inevitable in November because nothing has changed.
Some people around me have already gone home - “see you next season” has been said by a few people.

Wrong substitution, Richi should have come on as we have nothing down the middle with Son completely anonymous and I’m afraid it’s time to cash in on him and hopefully use the money wisely to get in better.
We have possession but nobody in the box so it all comes to nothing.

The fact we haven’t addressed our defending at corners is just unacceptable and is in all honesty my biggest concern. Such a glaring weakness in a supposed top level premiership team is frankly embarrassing.

Big summer ahead, four quality improvements and we will be more than decent but some changes in our coaching staff may also be needed.