Season Ticket Pricing Presentation | Page 9 | Vital Football

Season Ticket Pricing Presentation

One of the topics broached in Tuesday's meeting was talk of the budget and next season's planning.

Maloney has previously made comments that sounded a bit uncertain but he clarifies where we are from about the 5.30 mark in the below Portsmouth preview.

He mentions about preseason plans being in place, a push to get players in for the start of preseason and some type of interview he's planning to do in a couple of weeks to share more details.

Worth a listen.

All sounds very nice and well presented by the owners
but I am always wary of what folk say
Might just be me hey
But with what was said maybe people who were not going to renew might now do so
Job done
But I will only believe what is said when I see it happen
Like I say might just be me and no it's nothing to do with me not liking warriors
It's more of seeing what happened with last two owners
Big thanks to jock and kdz for the info
PS
what about the blue and white seats lol
Understandable Bicky. You have been fed a crock of shit for years. From Warchests to five pens. From Hong Kong to Bahrain. Take comfort that you are owned by a Wigan Mon and he aint going to shit on his own carpet.

One of the topics broached in Tuesday's meeting was talk of the budget and next season's planning.

Maloney has previously made comments that sounded a bit uncertain but he clarifies where we are from about the 5.30 mark in the below Portsmouth preview.

He mentions about preseason plans being in place, a push to get players in for the start of preseason and some type of interview he's planning to do in a couple of weeks to share more details.

Worth a listen.

Does sound like things are progressing, he sounds happy enough there, seems to be getting more clarity on how we're going to try to progress. Presume next week's meeting is with Mike Danson, quite understandably, safe to say it didn't happen post-Charlton game as planned

One thing about season tickets - do we know when we'll be able to purchase them on the new Ticketmaster site? It doesn't look to me like they are available for purchase yet!

Talking to a couple of our supporters this morning, who in our conversation about all things WAFC, were over the moon, with the prices of season tickets for next season.
A couple of happy bunnies they were.

Talking to a couple of our supporters this morning, who in our conversation about all things WAFC, were over the moon, with the prices of season tickets for next season.
A couple of happy bunnies they were.

If i remember correctly they mentioned while we are freezing ours Derby put theirs up by 40% and Bolton went up by 25%. So we certainly done well.

:slap:
Why? Why on earth, after being banned would you put on a comment like your last sentence? I know that you want to be able to make comments without anyone challenging them, but surely, you must see how it looks?

Ignoring you last sentence, Can I ask how you think that the comms might work then, if reps from "organised groups of fans" weren't the ones to be invited, but instead, just random individuals?

Granted, the SC and PWU only requoted the club's output, but we'd have missed Jock's and KDZ's excellent summary if the reps were purely ST holder selected at random, with no particular obligation to share what they've heard and thought.

If you've no interest in attending yourself, then your interest in who does go seems a little strange, but hey ho, if you say so.

Finally, do me a favour ... I'm not sure why you insist on calling me Tony, as we don't know each other, and we've never met (as far as I'm aware), so let's keep it as moonay on here, eh. No offence intended, but why have usernames and then get called summat else?! Ta.
OK moonay, I'm not saying don't invite the organised groups but open it up to others.

The first people I saw had done anything was the vital guys here and the supporters club. I haven't seen pwu. However I did notice that after people commented about indielatics not saying anything for months they then commented.

If you continue to only use a small cross section of the same people then you end up with a very select view. You also risk relationships being formed and people not being able to go against/ask difficult questions of the club because they don't want to lose access or lose any benefits that they have.

As for why I'd be bothered without wanting to take part it's quite simple if everyone just stayed quiet and didn't say anything then the vital lads wouldn't be involved. I personally still thing the views that the club get from these "focus" groups need more younger fans and more diversity.

Apologies in advance to SCM / Moonay / KDZ / Fazman as I may be misreading Faz's post re others attending any future meetings with the club....I presumed rightly or wrongly that Faz was wanting a broader spectrum of fans to be invited for any general meeting the club may want to engage with supporters & not trying to replace KDZ or myself ( btw we've both said anyone who wishes to replace us then we're more than happy to accommodate that)......I also get Faz's thoughts in that we don't want it to appear a closed shop / select few / happy clappers or anything else folk may see it as..
Having never attended one of these types of meetings with some very senior people from the club, it was a good insight into how they perceive the club, the fans & the future of the club. They were engaging, professional & to the point, whilst taking in all the feedback / comments from the room. From the small amount of time I spent there Lucas Danson came across as tech / data savvy, passionate & committed & dare I say it....feel the club are in good hands.
That's exactly it jock. I can't fault the job you 2 do and the write ups have been fantastic and in my opinion far better than other wrote ups. You also put the offer out there and no one took it up.

However if the club wants genuine views from the full range of fans then it does need to go outside those core fan and organised groups. It could really do with bringing in some younger fans and some diversity.

Are you suggesting that existing season ticket holders do not get an early bird discount, if you care to look new season ticket purchases are cheaper before a certain date so they also get a discount if purchased early.

So who are you suggesting this board sends to future meeting so KDZ and Jock don't become part of a secret club/clique, I assure you that you very few others will want them to step down in favour of others.

Why is it you rarely turn up to discuss football matters on Vital but if it is an issue with the fans/club meetings or anything regarding the supporters club you always have an opinion, an opinion that whatever those involved do they should be doing it differently ?

I'm suggesting that the price rise isn't so steep for new fans for a club that is desperate not only to bring new fans in but to also bring back fans who no longer attend games or don't have season tickets. The stats alone from the meeting said over 5000 fans pay game to game, that's 5000 fans who if they purchase a season ticket will pay 9% (early bird) or 18% more for a season ticket.

Maybe we could look at a 2 week window where they pay the same price as us current season ticket holders. Or do a deal that if they come to the last game of the season they can have a discounted season ticket.

The other option is finding out why these people no longer have season tickets (which will be difficult with no database or why people are buying game to game.

I know from speaking to friends that they pay game to game because they can't attend every midweek game or every Saturday game (shift work, family commitments etc). So why don't we offer a "shift" season ticket?

Many years ago on here we collated ideas for the club to increase the fan base including things like using the south stand for discounted season tickets for people who were on benefits. Sadly I sat down with the club and presented it to them but nothing came of it. Maybe the new owners would be more open to something like this.

As for why I don't comment on the football threads, I didn't know it was a prerequisite. I speak football on twitter and in person with friends.

I share your understanding of what Faz was/is seeking Jock ... it's just that I'm unsure as to what purpose it serves, given the lack of a comms vehicle/avenue for those with no affiliation to an "organisation".

I suppose they could summarise it and put it on the #wafc hashtag, but then, not everyone's on twitter, and of those that are, some probably avoid the hashtag!

Nothing's ever perfect, but is it really expected to be?

We're alright Jack (or Jock rather) on here anyway. ;)
But moonay the meetings are not just about communicating outwards, they are also about getting ideas/opinions into the club.

As for a communication vehicle that's the thing nowadays with social media, everyone has access to communicating outwards especially if people share.

However not everything is done via social media. The fan I respect most from our fan base wouldn't qualify on your basis yet he speaks regularly to many fans and is very well known and was a major part of here for many years.

OK moonay, I'm not saying don't invite the organised groups but open it up to others.

The first people I saw had done anything was the vital guys here and the supporters club. I haven't seen pwu. However I did notice that after people commented about indielatics not saying anything for months they then commented.

If you continue to only use a small cross section of the same people then you end up with a very select view. You also risk relationships being formed and people not being able to go against/ask difficult questions of the club because they don't want to lose access or lose any benefits that they have.
Sorry Faz, but you've not answered the question. If it's opened up to others, how are they going to communicate the discussions and outcome of the session to others if they're a random person in a seat in row W, E4?

Alternatively, how do we know that the views being put forward by that person are representative of the wider fan base?

Surely, the idea is to create relationships, making it more likely for honesty and trust to prevail ... otherwise, new people attending each time might see them not chirping up cos they're a little intimidated.

But moonay the meetings are not just about communicating outwards, they are also about getting ideas/opinions into the club.

As for a communication vehicle that's the thing nowadays with social media, everyone has access to communicating outwards especially if people share.

However not everything is done via social media. The fan I respect most from our fan base wouldn't qualify on your basis yet he speaks regularly to many fans and is very well known and was a major part of here for many years.
I'm not sure of the point you're making here. If we're talking about fan representation on a board, then surely, any participant has (by definition) got to be representing some fans ... and feeding back to them somehow. Largely, this is done by the SC, but other groups also carry out the function.

One random fan might well be great, and could do a good job, but another might not be so well suited.

Sounds like your mate should/could still be representing those fans to whom he speaks.

Last edited:
Sorry Faz, but you've not answered the question. If it's opened up to others, how are they going to communicate the discussions and outcome of the session to others if they're a random person in a seat in row W, E4?

Alternatively, how do we know that the views being put forward by that person are representative of the wider fan base?

Surely, the idea is to create relationships, making it more likely for honesty and trust to prevail ... otherwise, new people attending each time might see them not chirping up cos they're a little intimidated.
Some of the fans in the room were the same as at the Fans Fund meeting, but there was some different people too. So in the 2 meetings so far it's not just been one set of voices.

We didn't go round the room and say who everyone was, so out of the 15-20 fans in the room for all i know some of them could've been randomly selected fans. If everyone was meant to be a representative of a wider group i would've expected to see more summaries appear, but since that didn't seem to happen it may suggest there were some individual fans invited.

I think Jock already mentioned that it was discussed at the meeting and agreed by the club that it would be beneficial future meetings involve different people rather than the same few every time.

Seeing as there are 23 home games in a season and some fans can't attend every one for whatever reason would it not be possible for the club to offer a 10 game partial season ticket to be used as and when?

Seeing as there are 23 home games in a season and some fans can't attend every one for whatever reason would it not be possible for the club to offer a 10 game partial season ticket to be used as and when?

They said that it's a consideration for the future but the focus this time was ensuring season tickets were as good value as possible.

They will also be mindful that something like that could undercut full season ticket sales.