Good Morning Thread | Page 920 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Morning all, Spring is ere Cloudy lol!

Walt I 100% believe you there regards SW, jeez I had some dealings with them when we used to build their New Sewage works examples Sandown IOW, Poole, Havant/Bedhampton plus many smaller Shit storage tanks n pumping stations.

The one thing that always came to mind was...they were always WRONG! and us n the Main Contractors made fortunes out of them, so locals always paid.

They do not give a fcuk in general as long as they keep their investors happy! thus sod us minions and of course all our waters, sea, rivers n streams.

Sounds brilliant LT . . Hope you have a great time mate. Try and send some pictures . I am an avid Roman History follower .
Time Team on YouTube is my go to channel when soaps and other girly shows are the tv , which seems to be 27/7 !!!!

My favourite places to have visited are Bath ,,Somerset, and El Gem in Tunisia ,the Coliseum where they filmed Gladiator .

Wow Walt, this is the place if you are an aficionado. My photos won't upload but better on the internet anyway. Not quite as stunning as the Rome sites but on a par with Pompeii I would say. The Teatro Romano and Amphitheatre together are amazing to see but the you could spend a week in the museum looking at the frescoes, mosaics and artefacts, so well are they preserved and presented. I hadn't appreciated that this was the centre of Roman power on the peninsula.

Walt I 100% believe you there regards SW, jeez I had some dealings with them when we used to build their New Sewage works examples Sandown IOW, Poole, Havant/Bedhampton plus many smaller Shit storage tanks n pumping stations.

The one thing that always came to mind was...they were always WRONG! and us n the Main Contractors made fortunes out of them, so locals always paid.

They do not give a fcuk in general as long as they keep their investors happy! thus sod us minions and of course all our waters, sea, rivers n streams.
How are they not being fined by the water regulator?

The regulator is a waste of space SP. Way back in 1991 South West Water implemented it's 'Clean Sweep' program the purpose of which was to upgrade sewage treatment throughout the region to ensure there was no pollution of the many designated bathing beaches around our coastline. I believe the area has 40% of the UK total. Our bills were increased to pay for the program which meant we had the highest charges in the UK, after a while the government realised this was unfair as the beaches were enjoyed by much of the population as a major holiday destination and we were given, and still receive, a £50 annual rebate.

We were told at the outset that once the program was completed our bills would fall back to be more inline with the national average but guess what, the program completed quite a few years back but the bills have never come down. What is worse is, despite the hundreds of millions spent on the program, we still have sewage outfall pipes discharging around the coastline when we get lots of rain!

The regulator is a waste of space SP. Way back in 1991 South West Water implemented it's 'Clean Sweep' program the purpose of which was to upgrade sewage treatment throughout the region to ensure there was no pollution of the many designated bathing beaches around our coastline. I believe the area has 40% of the UK total. Our bills were increased to pay for the program which meant we had the highest charges in the UK, after a while the government realised this was unfair as the beaches were enjoyed by much of the population as a major holiday destination and we were given, and still receive, a £50 annual rebate.

We were told at the outset that once the program was completed our bills would fall back to be more inline with the national average but guess what, the program completed quite a few years back but the bills have never come down. What is worse is, despite the hundreds of millions spent on the program, we still have sewage outfall pipes discharging around the coastline when we get lots of rain!
Sounds like they need a full revamp to sort out the water system & haven't the money to pay for it.

They are Steve , more times than I care to remember .
I just think that paying fines is cheaper than doing their job properly and diligently.

From memory , they were fined a huge amount not long ago , something like 40m .

Now , if that came back to us , the paying customers , I would welcome it .
It just goes into someone’s coffers and we end up still paying a charge for a shit service ….. again , as Pompey said , no pun intended but very true .

Wow….. amazing .

Discover the Roman ruins of Merida​

Roman Theatre of Merida in Badajoz, Extremadura
Badajoz
Mérida
Merida is a World Heritage City, a city so ancient that it was founded by the Romans in 25 BC under the name of Emerita Augusta. This makes it the perfect place for you to lose yourself among the ancient streets, buildings and landscapes that make up one of the largest archaeological sites in Spain. All the city's ancient historical elements have been awarded the World Heritage designation by the UNESCO. Want to know more? Don't miss some of the most impressive buildings.

• The Roman Theatre

Although this monumental theatre was built between 16 and 15 BC, you will still find a large part of its massive infrastructure standing today. In its peak moment, it could hold up to 6,000 spectators; however, this was not the favourite building of the people of Merida, as the Romans were not very fond of theatre. Nevertheless, it served to portray the majesty and strength of the empire, as it was to a large extent a key place for spreading political propaganda.
  • Roman Amphitheater of Merida in Badajoz, Extremadura

Roman Amphitheater of Merida in Badajoz, Extremadura

The Roman Amphitheater

The Roman Amphitheater of Merida was inaugurated in 8 BC and could hold up to 15,000 people in the three tiered seating areas. This building was designed for leisure, for spectacles featuring gladiator fights, fights between wild beasts – and, sometimes, fights between gladiators and wild beasts. This elliptical-shaped building was one of the favourites of the Roman people and was much more popular than the theatre. A large part of the building is still preserved today, so that you can easily imagine a battle straight out of a film.
  • Roman Circus of Merida in Badajoz, Extremadura

Roman Circus of Merida in Badajoz, Extremadura©Ayuntamiento de Mérida

The Roman Circus

This is one of the best-preserved Roman circuses in the entire empire and also one of the largest, measuring over 400 metres long by 96 metres wide, with a capacity for no fewer than 30,000 people. It was the perfect place for the city's inhabitants to enjoy exhilarating chariot races. This is also one of the few Roman circuses in the world that you can see in its entirety. You can't miss it.
  • Detail of the Temple of Diana in Merida, Badajoz, Extremadura

Detail of the Temple of Diana in Merida, Badajoz, Extremadura©LOL Creative

The Temple of Diana

Built in the 1st century AD, this temple is the only religious building in Merida that has survived the passage of time, although it was later discovered that its main function was to worship the empire and its emperors. It is located in a prime spot, which was the centre of the city's public and political activity, right in the forum. It is in an exceptional state of preservation, so you can stroll among its columns and feel like just another Roman.
  • View of Merida

View of Merida's Los Milagros Aqueduct in Badajoz, Extremadura

Los Milagros Aqueduct

This gigantic aqueduct is over 800 metres long – a surprising fact given its age, which is what earned it its name. Visitors to the city, marvelling at the state of such a construction, could only think of the miracle of its brilliant state of preservation. So, the best thing you can do is to see it with your own eyes and vouch for its miraculous preservation.
Although these are just some of the buildings that have been preserved from Roman times, there are more waiting to be discovered, such as the Roman baths, the Amphitheater House and various other artefacts, such as those housed in the National Museum of Roman Art. What are you waiting for? Time for a visit to Merida to discover its history!

It’s worse than I thought …this was in 2021 . It wasn’t the first .

Press release

Record £90m fine for Southern Water following EA prosecution​

Southern Water sentenced to pay record £90 million in fines for widespread pollution after pleading guilty to 6,971 unpermitted sewage discharges.
Sounds like the prosecution was brought by the Environment Agency and the fine was imposed by the courts? Ofwat is just the puppet of the water companies.

It’s worse than I thought …this was in 2021 . It wasn’t the first .

Press release

Record £90m fine for Southern Water following EA prosecution​

Southern Water sentenced to pay record £90 million in fines for widespread pollution after pleading guilty to 6,971 unpermitted sewage discharges.
Fines are all well & good but they should bring charges against the company CEO.

I awoke to another beautiful sunny day in the South West. If this continues much longer Australia will have another desert to add to the list.

Obviously climate change is a hoax and has no effect on the environment. Theology is far more important and believable than science.

What is it with arms …. A few years ago an optician told me there was nothing wrong with my eyes , it was just that my arms were not long enough .

They must have shrunk at some time , I thought , because they were long enough for decades before .

Now the buggers have had another shrinkage episode . …. Unless of course my legs have put on a growth spurt , because it’s becoming a joke to get my socks on … but I’ve come across a genius hack , to get over that problem ……. I don’t wear any .
I’ve stopped wearing socks , ha ! Sorted !

Anyone been to Curry’s recently . I went there yesterday , my wife wanted a new Air Fryer …. happy wife , happy life .

They had the one she wanted , so off I went .

Got to the sales desk , put the box on the counter , and some geek asked me how he could help me !
said I would like to buy this contraption I had just struggled all through the store with , managing to avoid knocking tv’s over , and heaving it up onto the counter because there was no - one on the shop floor to help me .

Geek just looked at me , and said “ can I have your name , address and email “
I looked at him and said “why ?”

He said , for product recall or in case you lose your receipt .

I said …. don’t see the need to give you all that info …., he said I have to , …. I said ‘ what happens if I don’t ? , he said “‘I won’t serve you “ !!!!

So I gave him a false list . It was sort of my details ,,I just made a few spelling mistakes …Made him feel happy .

That can’t be right can it ? Demanding all that info ?
Or am I slipping deeper into Dinasaur Territory? …… fuck knows .

Take care . Look after each other ..

ANOTHER WEEKEND WITHOUT ANY FOOTBALL
It’s driving me bananas .

I will have to make sure I don’t lose the receipt ……. I’ve managed to do things like that for a long time know ,,even with longer legs and shorter arms . :hmmm::taz:

What is it with arms …. A few years ago an optician told me there was nothing wrong with my eyes , it was just that my arms were not long enough .

They must have shrunk at some time , I thought , because they were long enough for decades before .

Now the buggers have had another shrinkage episode . …. Unless of course my legs have put on a growth spurt , because it’s becoming a joke to get my socks on … but I’ve come across a genius hack , to get over that problem ……. I don’t wear any .
I’ve stopped wearing socks , ha ! Sorted !

Anyone been to Curry’s recently . I went there yesterday , my wife wanted a new Air Fryer …. happy wife , happy life .

They had the one she wanted , so off I went .

Got to the sales desk , put the box on the counter , and some geek asked me how he could help me !
said I would like to buy this contraption I had just struggled all through the store with , managing to avoid knocking tv’s over , and heaving it up onto the counter because there was no - one on the shop floor to help me .

Geek just looked at me , and said “ can I have your name , address and email “
I looked at him and said “why ?”

He said , for product recall or in case you lose your receipt .

I said …. don’t see the need to give you all that info …., he said I have to , …. I said ‘ what happens if I don’t ? , he said “‘I won’t serve you “ !!!!

So I gave him a false list . It was sort of my details ,,I just made a few spelling mistakes …Made him feel happy .

That can’t be right can it ? Demanding all that info ?
Or am I slipping deeper into Dinasaur Territory? …… fuck knows .

Take care . Look after each other ..

ANOTHER WEEKEND WITHOUT ANY FOOTBALL
It’s driving me bananas .

I will have to make sure I don’t lose the receipt ……. I’ve managed to do things like that for a long time know ,,even with longer legs and shorter arms . :hmmm::taz:
They use every trick in the book and invent new ones to get information about you Walt, in this digital marketing age your contact details are probably worth more to them than the profit they make on the air fryer!

Seems SW are certainly not Divine(rs)