The Official Bradford City Match Thread (Sponsored by Discarded Prophylactics "for all your dead rubber needs") | Page 13 | Vital Football

The Official Bradford City Match Thread (Sponsored by Discarded Prophylactics "for all your dead rubber needs")

Again I agree these people should be doing it for themselves. Sadly the world doesn’t seem to work like that. I’ve been “in a workplace “ for about 25 years. The amount of self motivated people is so weirdly low given it’s pretty fkn obvious why you should be pushing yourself to succeed (family etc). Most, strangely seem to need to be motivated by others hence where management comes in. Crap but true.

it depends what industry but broadly I agree with you.

You can have a high performance culture where everyone is self motivated… but then it gets exhausting so people bin it off

well that's it then. A season that promised so much initially has whimpered into a lacklustre nothingness.

The game itself was the standard fare for the season. a slow start. couple of nervy moments. then we have a bit of a go (occasionally we score, more often than not we don't. Today was the latter). Good chances from Hawkins and Masterson (both saved by the keeper), and Dieng, who should've done better with his shot that was saved on the line by a defender. Then we concede. then see out the defeat with an annoying certainty.

It was the normal slow, tippy-tippy, safety first, make sure we don't lose the ball, tactics that have blighted our whole season. Even when losing. Not just under SC. the safety first stuff has been since day 1 and it's just bollocks. Watching GITB matchday live video earlier reminded me of the last 10 minutes when we had multiple chances to shoot. You can hear the crowd shouting "SHOOT!", me, the wife and eldest were watching on ifollow and shouting "SHOOT!", yet we fuckarsed around with it, passing here, there and everywhere. out wide, across the box, out wide again, and ended up doing the usual. Nothing.

as many others have said, I really wouldn't care if none of this lot are here next season. there are some that show a bit of talent and guts, occasionally. but they soon revert back to type, when someone else decides to play with bollocks for a week. I wonder sort of performance we would get if all starting 11 actually decided to have a good game on the same day? I still maintain that this squad SHOULD be performing at a higher standard than they are, and a lot more bloody regularly than they do too.

I applauded the January decision to shake up the striking options. Bonne, Nichols and Walker were not performing and so we threw the dice. Unfortunately the dice rolled off the table and under the sofa, leaving us even less likely to score than pre-january! who'd've fucking thought THAT possible?!

Im undecided about SC. he rightly had the hump about Monday and expected a reaction. Can anyone really say he got one? His subs are predictable both in timings and personnel. for months now he seems to have regularly just shuffled the pack and hoped that something clicked. TBF occasionally it has. but is the because of or despite him? Im just not sure.

3 Games left, and the way we are going we will end up bottom half. probably doesn't matter in the big scheme of things. I mean, 8th or 18th? the outcome is the same. another fucking year in the bottom division, full of northern teams.

UTG

I see Nil is doing his best to get Millwall relegated.
Their Twitter comments after the result was confirmed were very familiar reading. Given what’s happened to us since he left, I have reduced the proportion of blame I had originally applied to him, but I still think he’s the most negative manager we’ve had in my time.

Solent, you are joking I assume. Not meant as anti Harris but anti Millwall.

I'd love it if they went down. I've lived in 'wall territory for the last 45 years (and married into a 'wall family).

Loads of plastic fans who wear their gear to look "ard" and intimidate but never go. Full of swagger. I still have a lump on my head from being hospitalised by some of their scum back in '76, and it wasn't even a Gills match!! (Coventry, FA Cup).

F them.

Obs some are ok, my wife's family one of the pleasant exceptions. Used to go with my father in law and he was a lovely man. Sadly, he was in a small minority.

Last edited:
I'm not too despondent about this season. We could have done better but that's Gills for you.
We have improved on last season. So baby steps rather than revolution.
There seems to be a lack of confidence throughout the squad and virtually no resilience.
A decent break might work wonders.
With a few canny signings I'm quietly optimistic we can continue to improve and make the playoffs next season.
Calling the season a failure because we haven't made the playoffs this season smacks of entitlement and a Billy big bollocks mentality.

I cant wait for the summer and a new round of freebies n someone elses rejects...im excited

I'll start ....tom eaves anyone?

Where does idea that come from?

You realise in the last few windows we have PAID for Nichols, Hawkins, Hutton, Dieng, Ogie, Andrews and others. And big, big wages to the likes of JW, Masterson, Malone, Mahoney, Bonne. They might not be performing well enough, but they’re definitely not just cheap freebies and rejects.

Actually, I’d look forward to getting a few freebies and rejects. Crawley have done exactly that and are flying.