Transfers - Summer 2024 | Page 17 | Vital Football

Transfers - Summer 2024

Ok. I still don’t consider anyone in the academy ready.

I don't consider Davies, Hojbjerg, Skipp and Forster anywhere near ready. They never will be. At least Phillips, Donley, Devine, Scarlett etc might be. The good news is that it's a Euro's/Copa year so the full internationals get the extended break and Ange gets to work intensely with the younger group in July.

Even though that Vlogger in Walthy's post talks as much rubbish as they all do, the "major transformation" topic is an interesting one. For me, the major overhaul is done at all levels and next it is about club stability and linear progression. That is achieved through a few quality (over quantity) transfers and promotion of key youngsters to build a 25 man squad. Alongside there will be a continuation of the major cull happening to the surplus squad players.

At the end of this 41 game season, we will have found our benchmark and it looks something like 70 league points. That takes us back to where we were in the 21/22 season at 71 points before the meltdown that took us back to 60 points in the 22/23 one. Our domestic cup performance in that time has been poor.

I'm not keen on Ange talking about more major transformations. THFC's started 2-3 years ago and Ange came in at a great time to lead 1st team affairs. He'll need to talk proprietorially about HIS squad by August.

Even though that Vlogger in Walthy's post talks as much rubbish as they all do, the "major transformation" topic is an interesting one. For me, the major overhaul is done at all levels and next it is about club stability and linear progression. That is achieved through a few quality (over quantity) transfers and promotion of key youngsters to build a 25 man squad. Alongside there will be a continuation of the major cull happening to the surplus squad players.

At the end of this 41 game season, we will have found our benchmark and it looks something like 70 league points. That takes us back to where we were in the 21/22 season at 71 points before the meltdown that took us back to 60 points in the 22/23 one. Our domestic cup performance in that time has been poor.

I'm not keen on Ange talking about more major transformations. THFC's started 2-3 years ago and Ange came in at a great time to lead 1st team affairs. He'll need to talk proprietorially about HIS squad by August.
I'm expecting around 4 additions at most. Our budget appears to be around £150 mill depending on how much we can regurgitate from the expected e.o.c's and sales.

But the one big fly that might change that, is the sale of Richi, and I'm told that is a real possibility.

I believe a 6, a 9 and a left back are the priorities.

I don't think we are going to progress now unless we compete with the big 4 for world class players in critical positions. I'm not suggesting we spend £100m+ for one player, they are rarely good value at that price, but picking up players like Guimaraes or Paqueta shouldn't be beyond us if the likes of Newcastle and Wham can do it.

I'm expecting around 4 additions at most. Our budget appears to be around £150 mill depending on how much we can regurgitate from the expected e.o.c's and sales.

But the one big fly that might change that, is the sale of Richi, and I'm told that is a real possibility.

I believe a 6, a 9 and a left back are the priorities.
A goalkeeper is going to be interesting ….

I don't think we are going to progress now unless we compete with the big 4 for world class players in critical positions. I'm not suggesting we spend £100m+ for one player, they are rarely good value at that price, but picking up players like Guimaraes or Paqueta shouldn't be beyond us if the likes of Newcastle and Wham can do it.
He has already said he would prefer two at 50m than 1 at 100 m . That’s seems to be the sort of guy he is mate .

Dortmund, Girona?