Match Thread: Lincoln City v Leyton Orient | Page 11 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Leyton Orient

Kennedy waited him out and loan.Skubala didn't.Skubala has struck By him.So have I .So should every Imp .
Think it was Tom Shaw vetoed Jovon's loan, as he saw the resultant lack of strikers? But Skubala has brought him on and engendered the confidence which Jovon showed in scoring a goal we'll be talking about for years.

Yes we were sloppy for most of the match but credit to Orient, they did their homework on us and closed us down. I’m sure our future opponents will be reviewing the game with interest. The good news is that we won’t be selecting that midfield again and we are a totally different team with Double E pulling the strings.

Settling in at my dad's for the night so won't be on here much other than to say as I was walking away from the ground I just had one of those this really could be our season feelings. To be brutally honest todays performance by us was poor. It was sluggish throughout and the number of mis-placed passes must have run close to three figures. We were grateful for Jensen's superb save late on. Yet we celebrated a late strike by Makama, and what an immense effort it was by him from winning the ball to striking it home, and came away with the 3 points that puts us 6th. That will be the only thing that people remember in the future. They say that good teams win when they play poorly. We must be a good team based on that.
It's getting very exciting now
Up the Imps

Golden Glove:
1. Will Norris (Portsmouth), Lukas Jensen (Lincoln) 18
3. Joe Wildsmith (Derby) 16
4. Taye Ashby-Hammond (Stevenage) 15

No coincidence that Lincoln now have the joint best defence in L1 with... Portsmouth... with 33 conceded each.

We have also conceded the least amount of goals in the 1st half out of all the other teams (12) and the second least in the second half (21).

Battle of the cleans sheets on the last day of the season

IMG_5922.png

Attachments

• IMG_5923.png
    IMG_5923.png
    208.7 KB · Views: 8
Haven’t caught up on the thread yet, so apologies if I repeat anything that’s already been said.

If you can win these games when you’re not quite at it, that can only be a good sign.

I don’t want to compare to the Cowley days, but how often did they manage to win when it was, realistically, unjustified and unfair? Ultimately, who cares? 3 points is all that matters.

So happy for Makama. I haven’t watched it back, but I’m sure the whole move came about because of his pressing. He created that goal. Well done, young man.

Up to 6th. God knows what will happen from now, but one thing I will say is, regardless of what happens this season, next season will be incredibly fun.

Up the Imps!

If you look at the match stats, Orient were ahead on all bar the crucial one, doesn't suggest a team parking the bus. They were heavily reliant on set pieces for their chances, but were looking to create them.
i thought their tactics were very successful up until the 90th minute. started cautiously, but their subs and four up front from about 80 minutes showed the aim was to stay in the game for the majority and then go for it. not surprising when you consider our last three results.

if anyone in our midfield was aiming to keep erhahon out of monday’s 11 it wasn’t obvious. slightly concerning what we looked like with just that one player missing. no more red cards please ethan.

house didn’t look fit to me, and i was surprised makama was relegated to third choice forward sub, but he answered that perfectly. uti.

6th! so now monday becomes the biggest game yet.

Well will be there today after missing the Bristol Rovers game because my brother was critically ill.
Firstly I would like to thank all on this wonderful site who responding with kind wishes before the Bristol game when I said my brother Pete was ill. Unfortunately we lost him at 535 yesterday morning. Like me Lincoln born and bred and a lifelong Imps fan and season ticket holder. We both sat in lower 4 in the GBM stand me in row H him with his son in row C . We used to meet up at half time and discuss and analyse the first half and express our opinion about what tactics to use second half. Like all proper football fans we had superior knowledge than the Manager.l will miss him at Sincil Bank (it will always be that to us) today but I know the lads won't let us down .
There will be a rose on his seat today so if you see it you might realise who he was .
And if you see a guy acting a bit strange at half time and stood in front of section 4 talking to himself it will only be me talking to my brother.
UTI
So sorry for your loss Tony

Well will be there today after missing the Bristol Rovers game because my brother was critically ill.
Firstly I would like to thank all on this wonderful site who responding with kind wishes before the Bristol game when I said my brother Pete was ill. Unfortunately we lost him at 535 yesterday morning. Like me Lincoln born and bred and a lifelong Imps fan and season ticket holder. We both sat in lower 4 in the GBM stand me in row H him with his son in row C . We used to meet up at half time and discuss and analyse the first half and express our opinion about what tactics to use second half. Like all proper football fans we had superior knowledge than the Manager.l will miss him at Sincil Bank (it will always be that to us) today but I know the lads won't let us down .
There will be a rose on his seat today so if you see it you might realise who he was .
And if you see a guy acting a bit strange at half time and stood in front of section 4 talking to himself it will only be me talking to my brother.
UTI
Really sorry to hear of the loss of your brother. Hold tight to those shared memories, knowing that he'll be at Sinny Bank alongside you.

We really had the rub of the green against Orient this season. The first game, let's face it, Orient would have won, but itwas abandoned with a few minutes left. The replay we win with an 88th minute winner. Today, they are the better team but we win in the 90th minute. You just have to enjoy it and accept that some other time the boot will be on the other foot.