The Leon Bailey Thread | Page 76 | Vital Football

The Leon Bailey Thread

Typical Mail rubbish. All headlines and no substance.
Would have to disagree. He references the top 6 and says playing for them would raise his profile and thereby Jamaican football.

Why would he even allude to it and potentially alienate fans.

Despite the headline, his answer was "I don't know how to answer that question."

To be fair, if anyone came in with big money for him, I'd be happy for us to take it.
I know, it sounds mad but he is one of the lads I'd be confident Unai would replace. I feel like Leon would also struggle away from Unai and the system that is built to help him succeed.

Would have to disagree. He references the top 6 and says playing for them would raise his profile and thereby Jamaican football.

Why would he even allude to it and potentially alienate fans.

When he joined his dad/agent was talking about us being a stepping stone to Real Madrid.

In fairness, if Arsenal or Liverpool came in for him, do you think he'd say no? He would be right to want to go. We would be right to want top dollar for him. Everyone would be happy until the new club's fans saw what he is like when he isn't tickled in just the right way.

It was a stupid question from the interviewer, you could tell Bailey thought it was a crap question straight away by his initial response, seems like he tried to show respect to the host by trying to give an answer anyway. He said he that playing for certain clubs raises the profile of Jamaican football which is probably true, but that he is focused on villa.

Trouble is Grealish will always miss a third of the season through injury. Get the impression he foesnt take care of himself enough. Perception rather than fact.