🚹 Son Heung-Min - Player Thread | Page 24 | Vital Football

🚹 Son Heung-Min - Player Thread

So Korea are out, Son is on the next plane home - do we give him a rest or chuck him straight back in the front line?

If he's home today then I expect to see him start on Saturday.

Only a fairly short flight and no real difference in times so shouldn't affect him.

A couple of days training should be fine.

Only question is who does he drop, Richarlison can't be dropped and to be fair Werner has been quite good.

Only a fairly short flight and no real difference in times so shouldn't affect him.

Only question is who does he drop, Richarlison can't be dropped and to be fair Werner has been quite good.
It looks to me as others a front line of Sonny...Richy...Werner, plenty of pace, aggression and defensive smarts there.

Leave him on the bench. Tell Werner & Richie (Kulu on the other side) that one of them is getting pulled at 60 mins. Let them go full throttle for 60 mins and have the ability to bring on Johnson and Son after 60mins for 2 of the 3 forwards. I wouldnt want to be a defender who has worked all game at 100% for 60mins to then look up and see Son & Johnson coming on to run at my tired legs.

He actually lands tomorrow, and sadly it looks like he may have had to travel back to Korea and then to London. If that proves to be the case, he'll be on the bench and not a starter.

Absolutely hopeless today....total passenger for 90 mins....poor leader when the going got tough against Fulham.

Came up short of what we should expect from a Spurs captain !!!
I think the whole team performed awfully, Fulham had our number.

We really missed VDV, that's for sure

Three things about Son's Leadership:

1 - He doesn't lead, it isn't in his personality or character.
2 - His play doesn't reflect his leadership. He disappears when adversity hits. When he needs to be the most visible LEADING...he is nowhere to be found.
3 - He doesn't demand the respect out of the others on the pitch...it just isn't there. (see #1 and #2 above for reasons...)

Yes he isn't alone, but he is the CAPTAIN. He should be the one running around and getting in teammates faces and telling them to wake the hell up...kicking them in the ass and to pull their heads out.

All my opinions of course...and the fault isn't solely with Son....but I demand better of our leaders...and this includes AP.

Last edited:
Three things:

1 - He doesn't do that, it isn't in his personality or character.
2 - His play doesn't reflect his leadership. He disappears when adversity hits. When he needs to be the most visible LEADING...he is nowhere to be found.
3 - He doesn't demand the respect out of the others on the pitch...it just isn't there. (see #1 and #2 above for reasons...)

Yes he wasn't alone, but he is the CAPTAIN. He should be the one running around and getting in teammates faces and telling them to wake the hell up...kicking them in the ass and to pull their heads out.

All my opinions of course...and the fault isn't solely with Son....but I demand better of our leaders...and this includes AP.
Agree....IMO he definitely isn't what I want to see in a captain on the pitch. I'm sure he would be a good ambassador & say all the corporate things you want someone to say. But on the field I want a real leader who will lead by example, kick arse when needed & generally keep everything 100%.

Three things about Son's Leadership:

1 - He doesn't lead, it isn't in his personality or character.

Yes he isn't alone, but he is the CAPTAIN. He should be the one running around and getting in teammates faces and telling them to wake the hell up...kicking them in the ass and to pull their heads out.

Out of interest, who'd be your choice and for what reason?

Agree....IMO he definitely isn't what I want to see in a captain on the pitch. I'm sure he would be a good ambassador & say all the corporate things you want someone to say. But on the field I want a real leader who will lead by example, kick arse when needed & generally keep everything 100%.

Yep, we've picked our captain for all of the wrong reasons. It smacks of what Southgate did with Kane all of those years ago. At least Gareth had some other very credible candidates like Hendo.

I'm not sure our squad is blessed with many leaders. For me, you don't look beyond centre half and centre mid. Someone active in the spine that can communicate with the entire team. For me, that is Madders.

Out of interest, who'd be your choice and for what reason?

My first choice would be Maddison. Honestly I am surprised he isn't the Captain anyway....he really is the leader on the pitch. He gets pissed and I have seen him berate our players during games...love it.

I think a second may be VdV...between him and Romero...he is MUCH more mentally stable and isn't prone to lapses in concentration. I can see him growing into a leadership role for us. Specifically his play....simply speaks for itself.

BL - Madds should be our Captain, nuff said.