should we appeal | Page 3 | Vital Football

should we appeal

should we appeal

• Total voters
The problem is if Everton get deducted points again and it ends up that one of us gets relegated by a point or two against the other. In this scenario if the relegated one appealed and the other didnt and then got points back and leapfrogged the other it would be even more farcical. It does make you wonder if the EPL have any caveats involving the appeal to avoid this sort of thing happening.

The problem is if Everton get deducted points again and it ends up that one of us gets relegated by a point or two against the other. In this scenario if the relegated one appealed and the other didnt and then got points back and leapfrogged the other it would be even more farcical. It does make you wonder if the EPL have any caveats involving the appeal to avoid this sort of thing happening.
Yes Ingy- I’ve highlighted this before. Do you know if there is a cut off period to appeal? Because of this scenario, we may be forced to appeal. Have they heard Everton’s second case ?

I have only read the judgement once, but I cannot see any grounds for an appeal.

This looks like a total lack of understanding of the rules and gross incompetence; and the usual suspects have their fingerprints all over it.

It makes you wonder what kind of position Chairman Tom is in; he was adamant as recent as last Monday that everything would be fine.

I have only read the judgement once, but I cannot see any grounds for an appeal.

This looks like a total lack of understanding of the rules and gross incompetence; and the usual suspects have their fingerprints all over it.

It makes you wonder what kind of position Chairman Tom is in; he was adamant as recent as last Monday that everything would be fine.
Moreover, the more I look at it, the more likely it seems we'll be in the exact same position next year as well

How much have our current and last chairmen been told? The last one has been made to look a fool over this and the lease issue, Chairman Tom is in danger of suffering the same fate.

Yes. I completely agree. The club's case was rubbish. It is not "golden mitigation " to sell Brennan Johnson in August when he could have been sold in January or June and thelre were no real efforts to sell him: it is rubbish.
The thing the club told the fans suggested that the club had been liaising with the Premier League throughout, and might even have correspondence from the Premier League that said their plans were legitimate. In fact, there was nothing of the sort. The club had not been doing anything except to continue its spending in breach of the rules. This is ridiculous.

Was the Mangala money factored in to your calculation?
Yes. The club are projecting a 12-17m loss. That presumably will factor in the Mangala money. All of it

If we get relegated I suspect we probably need to make 70-90m of clear sales to avoid falling foul in the EFL. That depends on how many players have relegation clauses. The rumour is none of the new ones do. Players like Aina are going to be very hard to move on.

No we won’t because the rules will change and the position will be reset
Not the case.

The rules will change for 24/25. We will still be subject to current rules for 23/24 which ends 30th June.

The club project a 12-17m loss for this current year. That presumably includes all our transfer takings.

Our only profitable year of the 3 year cycle drops out of the 3 year cycle now. We lost 40m in the championship, 50m last season and are projected to lose up to 17m this season. Allowable losses are 91m

So we are going to have to sell in the first weeks of the window unless there are allowables

Not the case.

The rules will change for 24/25. We will still be subject to current rules for 23/24 which ends 30th June.

The club project a 12-17m loss for this current year. That presumably includes all our transfer takings.

Our only profitable year of the 3 year cycle drops out of the 3 year cycle now. We lost 40m in the championship, 50m last season and are projected to lose up to 17m this season. Allowable losses are 91m

So we are going to have to sell in the first weeks of the window unless there are allowables
And everybody knows.
Great.

Yes. The club are projecting a 12-17m loss. That presumably will factor in the Mangala money. All of it

If we get relegated I suspect we probably need to make 70-90m of clear sales to avoid falling foul in the EFL. That depends on how many players have relegation clauses. The rumour is none of the new ones do. Players like Aina are going to be very hard to move on.

I presume Aina will at least be fit if there is the prospect of playing for someone thst isn't us.

Yes. I completely agree. The club's case was rubbish. It is not "golden mitigation " to sell Brennan Johnson in August when he could have been sold in January or June and thelre were no real efforts to sell him: it is rubbish.
The thing the club told the fans suggested that the club had been liaising with the Premier League throughout, and might even have correspondence from the Premier League that said their plans were legitimate. In fact, there was nothing of the sort. The club had not been doing anything except to continue its spending in breach of the rules. This is ridiculous.

Said this a few months back

You can't just make up your own way of doing stuff and expect to get away with it

I think you can only appeal if you can provide new evidence.
I don't think there is anything new to provide.
Unless we can suddenly produce some documented evidence of our open discussions with them.
It seems that we were nieve, at best, in our dealings with the EPL - we honestly were not expecting them to come at us like this.
Unfortunately we have to accept and move on.
I have 2 concerns -
1. I am worried that by not appealing we leave the door open for Everton to appeal and leapfrog over us.
2. Our submission that COVID & promotion bonus's were exempt - were not accepted - that is £30m we have to carry forward into this years 3 year rolling submission that we were not expecting.
It is still in our hands - we need to take our frustrations out on the pitch and get the points required to not worry about what Everton do or don't do.

And everybody knows.
Great.

That's ok

Sell and then re-invest in players on staggered payments

As long as we are in Premier League we will get good money for whoever we sell

If we go down we are fooked in comparison anyway

Maybe Murillo or MGW or Awoniyi have to go

But we can re-invest

We need to be planning to replace regardless

Murillo for silly money might work

MGW will want to go somewhere soon enough as well regardless

I think you can only appeal if you can provide new evidence.
I don't think there is anything new to provide.
Unless we can suddenly produce some documented evidence of our open discussions with them.
It seems that we were nieve, at best, in our dealings with the EPL - we honestly were not expecting them to come at us like this.
Unfortunately we have to accept and move on.
I have 2 concerns -
1. I am worried that by not appealing we leave the door open for Everton to appeal and leapfrog over us.
2. Our submission that COVID & promotion bonus's were exempt - were not accepted - that is £30m we have to carry forward into this years 3 year rolling submission that we were not expecting.
It is still in our hands - we need to take our frustrations out on the pitch and get the points required to not worry about what Everton do or don't do.
Geedo your point 1 is a really big concern. To be honest , we may have to appeal and then withdraw the appeal (if that is necessary and possible) to safeguard our position