Chairboys away | Page 11 | Vital Football

Chairboys away

I think even those are very frustrated and have major doubts about Maloney would prefer to be proven wrong and him be great for us next season, but time will tell.
A like for your full post KDZ ... but I'm not sure this para is correct. I reckon there are some who definitely don't want to be proven wrong.

Did not have you down as a fan of community singing.
You're far too cryptic Daleks. Not sure who to whom your comment is directed, as it doesn't reply to a particular post, so as it follows mine, I'll presume it's me ... do you mean "Abide with me"?

Yep, I'm a fan ... that's what we should do.

Length of time doing summat doesn't always have any bearing on expertise ... I know this through my own cricket experiences.
you spectacularly miss (on purpose?) the point. you accused 'most' of the posters on heer of having an opineon on the game as talking bollox. that was just downrite rude. its not about expertise its about experience over decades. i for one value sage opineons.
I've never rated them as superstars.
it was an analogy. but you new that.
I'm sure he admits this ... no doubt he had reasons for his initial selections, and he saw it wasn't working. Do we expect a manager to get everything right, first time, every time?
fool me once shame on you. fool me twice shame on me. fuck it up a third time fecking sack me.
I think you'll find Brick that some posters berate the manager for whatever selections he makes. Not sure why you make the point re the match thread.
you menteoned 'not' changing the teem in your response. that didnt happen in this thred or at last nites game. the 'most' of the comments are about last nites game. a match thred.
Yep ... I agree
ta
My point here was the performances as a group, from game to game ... but last night, either Jones or Hughes.
fair do's
It's a bugger, isn't it?
if thats all it were then most of us wuld be a bit happier. but yeah. it is a bugger and he shuld get a grip of it and do sommart to stop the inconsistancy.
I read it as they want him out now. Fairly sure I'm right. As for next season, no-0ne has a crystal ball ... I'm prepared to wait and see.
yep and most have said same about wait til he gets his new pleyers in. and majority will. but. if he dont change the wey he choses pleyers and sets us up and pleys the same shite then some shuld be concerned. what is it they sey einstien said about doing the same ol shite over and over again and hoping to win games the next time. sommart like that.
Because (as has been explained previously) they are coming back from injury, and aren't necessarily wanting to be risked for a full 90 mins. Saying he's "not a fucking clue" just makes you look silly Brick ... is that your little flounce?
poor excuse that and you no it. he got the starting 11 rong again. all were fit. even them on the bench.
the only silly one. again. is heer. and it aint me
Yep ... season probably.
again. a level of the value you put on the opineons and coments of seasoned posters on heer. very sad

A like for your full post KDZ ... but I'm not sure this para is correct. I reckon there are some who definitely don't want to be proven wrong.

I don't think being proven right on a forum will be much comfort when we're sitting in the ground regulary watching performances as bad as that first half.

I'd much rather be proven wrong and happy than miserable and right.

To be fair TB, though I fully concur with your parrying point when making diving saves, last night, I thought he was just stood in the wrong place, that's all.

He should have been covering his near post, and clearly wasn't.
So then True Believer. as a former acomplished cricketer whats your vewe of this abhorent positeoning faux pas by tickle then.

What’s clear is that we need a couple of proper central midfielders and a striker going into next season. We’re so weak in the middle of the pitch.

To be fair we have a good central mid in Shaw sat in the stands or on the bench most weeks.

I still don't get why we wasted 2 loans on Goode and Kelman when neither are remotely the type of player that fit into Maloney's style or filled the gaps we have. Just square pegs for round holes. It's mental we didn't sign a def mid and target man in January.

I can already see this thread potentially getting a bit heated so the thing i'd say is regardless of what anyone thinks of Maloney is he isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable. So probably not worth getting to bogged down in that debate.

He's going to almost certainly get the benefit of the doubt (if the ownership have any) after they bought into his vision of the club last summer.

By the start of next season he will have a squad that will be 100% players who signed a contract under his watch, had 18 months to establish his style of play and shaping the club in his image and there are no deductions, disruptions, limitations.

There will be no excuses at that point, he'll have been backed and had plenty of time. If we are playing good football consistently, getting results and in the promotion pack then it will be to his credit. If we are still regularly turning out performances like we have for much of this season the blame will fall on him.

Either way it is going to play out and at that point we'll pretty much have a definitive answer to the debate of if Maloney is up to it or not. I think even those are very frustrated and have major doubts about Maloney would prefer to be proven wrong and him be great for us next season, but time will tell.

This is the position on Maloney that i am taking too.

I think given the limitations this season not to mention the off the field stuff with the takeover disrupting pre season last summer that Maloney has overall done relatively well. There is the good overall home record to point to under Maloney in addition to the way he has taken someone like Jordan Jones who looked so out of favour and has really got a tune out of him this season.

However you also have to look at the long term with any appointment. Whilst Maloney's good work has earned him the right to a summer's window without restrictions/disruptions and a chance to shape the squad in his image for next season, its also fair that a higher level of judgement should be passed onto Maloney next season.

Its where his appointment at Latics really starts IMO. The concerning away midweek performances are something that needs addressing. Seems to be a lot of midweek games where we have badly messed up with team selection and have to resort to mass HT subs to resolve it. Bullied physically too many times away from home (Fleetwood and Wycombe first half two such examples.)

I also agreed with KdZ's post last night on Adeeko and Scott Smith in midfield together, its a partnership i have never been convinced by when we have played it. In short whilst im still behind Maloney right now and think he has enough backing for the summer window, im still very much on the fence when dicussing a possible playoff push in 2025-26 (as i still think 2024-25 will be another transitional season of sorts for us) under his watch.

We need to move fast in the summer market. Will be be another big squad rebuild with many OOC players set to be released and our loanees to go back. We need a summer like 2021 but without the overspend like we did that summer. Need to move quickly and 4 or 5 players minimum ideally need to be in through the door before pre season training starts never mind the friendly games in pre season. Id be concerned for next season if we are slow with our summer business. Its such a crucial summer window for us and Maloney imo.

To be fair we have a good central mid in Shaw sat in the stands or on the bench most weeks.

I still don't get why we wasted 2 loans on Goode and Kelman when neither are remotely the type of player that fit into Maloney's style or filled the gaps we have. Just square pegs for round holes. It's mental we didn't sign a def mid and target man in January.

Agree with this. Especially the Goode signing. We were already heavy at centre back when it comes to numbers. So signing another in Goode and one who doesnt really play well alongside Hughes in most of games he plays seemed unnecessary.

We are deffo light in terms of central midfield. I do think as well Shaw has been unutilised by us. The Goode loan signing really needed to go on another CM. Or alternatively explore free agent CMs around November time or so to help Adeeko and Smith out given its both of them's first season as senior first team pros.

you spectacularly miss (on purpose?) the point. you accused 'most' of the posters on heer of having an opineon on the game as talking bollox. that was just downrite rude. its not about expertise its about experience over decades. i for one value sage opineons.
Rude my arse ... surely, my opinion that some of those posts are bollocks is just as valid as their opinion, and also your opinion that my opinion is rude.
it was an analogy. but you new that.
They've been classed as "one of the best squads in the league" by Frankie ... I thought your comment was more hyperbole, that's all ... but you knew that.
fool me once shame on you. fool me twice shame on me. fuck it up a third time fecking sack me.
Kinell, is this a new rule ... three strikes and you're out? I thought it was just Watford who hire/fire managers by that mantra.
you menteoned 'not' changing the teem in your response. that didnt happen in this thred or at last nites game. the 'most' of the comments are about last nites game. a match thred.
My comment was commenting on the comments of others ... in this match thread ... commenting on this game, and others.
yep and most have said same about wait til he gets his new pleyers in. and majority will. but. if he dont change the wey he choses pleyers and sets us up and pleys the same shite then some shuld be concerned. what is it they sey einstien said about doing the same ol shite over and over again and hoping to win games the next time. sommart like that.
Most have ... but some wanted shut before Christmas. As for the likelihood of not improving, aren't we just as likely (given the manager's proven recruitment record) to have a team of players he's specifically selected to play the way he wants, and to win games ... what was it Matt Smith said? ... a promotion push?
poor excuse that and you no it. he got the starting 11 rong again. all were fit. even them on the bench.
I've not argued that he got it right ... just offering a reasoned view of why some players didn't start.
the only silly one. again. is heer. and it aint me
Keep on telling yersel that ... what was it we used to tease the girls with as kids? ... I must, I must, I must improve my bust.
again. a level of the value you put on the opineons and coments of seasoned posters on heer. very sad
Seasoned or not, I don't think I'm obliged to agree with what they say ... and just as others (those) do, if I think a poster is posting bollocks, then I'll say so.

Happy to do this any time Brick ... in a non-rude way of course.

Agree with this. Especially the Goode signing. We were already heavy at centre back when it comes to numbers. So signing another in Goode and one who doesnt really play well alongside Hughes in most of games he plays seemed unnecessary.

We are deffo light in terms of central midfield. I do think as well Shaw has been unutilised by us. The Goode loan signing really needed to go on another CM. Or alternatively explore free agent CMs around November time or so to help Adeeko and Smith out given its both of them's first season as senior first team pros.

I could understand signing Goode if we were short on centre backs, but we had 3 very good centre backs in Morrison, Hughes, Kerr. Then had Watts as back up, plus we've used Chambers, Clare and Sessegnon there.

Smith, Adeeko and Matt Smith can't tackle and we don't seem to want to use Shaw for some reason so we are painfully short in centre mid.

We knew we could only use loans due to the embargo so using one on an 8th centre back option when we have no def mid options was just mad.

Same with Kelman, we don't play a style that works without a target man but the one target man we have is poor and Kelman is even worse in that role as that's not the type of player he is. We don't even attempt to change style when Kelman is on to try and get anything out of him. He's fast but it's not much use when he's got his back to goal at all times, we've set him up to fail.

Shaw's not been outstanding when he plays ... though granted, he's generally been better than a poor Adeeko (who had an improved game on Saturday).

Might it be though that Maloney is wary of bringing in players who might only be a burden in future years. If he was confident of us retaining our league status, then why bring in someone on a contract that will need to be paid next season too unless they're the type of player who will be guaranteed a place next season? He'll have a much better chance of bringing someone in during the next window.

We miss Matt Smith badly when he is unavailable. Adeeko and S Smith as a duo aren't good enough going forwards.

Was the plan to rotate M Smith & McGrath in this role? Obviously McGrath leaving as late and in the manner he did probably had a major effect on Maloneys planning.

Rude my arse ... surely, my opinion that some of those posts are bollocks is just as valid as their opinion, and also your opinion that my opinion is rude.
it was bloody rude. you can say i dont value your opineon. or. well you think it that wey but i see it this wey. but you dont have the rite to tell peeple they are talking bollox. opineon or not. you just dont.
They've been classed as "one of the best squads in the league" by Frankie ... I thought your comment was more hyperbole, that's all ... but you knew that.
why invoke frankie. it wasnt hyperbole regardelss of what you sey you thot.
Kinell, is this a new rule ... three strikes and you're out? I thought it was just Watford who hire/fire managers by that mantra.
its not a rule. its an adage. but you (shuld of) known that
My comment was commenting on the comments of others ... in this match thread ... commenting on this game, and others.
who in the thred talked about changes that hadnt been made. in this thred. i cant be arsed looking but you oviously no who it was.
Most have ... but some wanted shut before Christmas. As for the likelihood of not improving, aren't we just as likely (given the manager's proven recruitment record) to have a team of players he's specifically selected to play the way he wants, and to win games ... what was it Matt Smith said? ... a promotion push?
like ive sed before. this is what we or anybody dont no. what peeple are seying is that no matter who he gets in, if he persists with the same tactics. even with diferent pleyers. the outcome will prob be the same boring shite. some have even sed/asked has sean reeched his peek/level in management
I've not argued that he got it right ... just offering a reasoned view of why some players didn't start.
fair do's
Keep on telling yersel that ... what was it we used to tease the girls with as kids? ... I must, I must, I must improve my bust.
if thats how you used to pull the birds then im sorry for ya. did it improve your bust. just asking for tavistock
Seasoned or not, I don't think I'm obliged to agree with what they say ... and just as others (those) do, if I think a poster is posting bollocks, then I'll say so.
maybe not. but as a grown up (i hope) you owe them the curtesy of not being rude about what they sey. a better wey if you want to sey it is. i "think" your talking bollox. not. you 'are' talking bollox. thats just fucking arrogant.
Happy to do this any time Brick ... in a non-rude way of course.
i refer you to the honerable member for hindleys response erlier in the thred.

So then True Believer. as a former acomplished cricketer whats your vewe of this, abhorent positeoning faux pas by tickle then.

TBH Brick, it was a shocking mistake to make from a keeper who has been exceptional this season. I still believe that keepers are coached wrongly to push the ball away when on some occasions they should be taking the ball firmly in the midriff.

Last night was one of those occasions but because Sam was looking to push the ball away his hands were in the wrong position.

In fairness to him he was caught out by the way the ball was played, he was expecting a cross and due to Scott Smiths mistake the player was able to get off a cross/shot with some pace.

It was quite obvious watching the game that Scowen, their player, was surprised by the outcome, and given his scoring record, knew it was fortuitous.

Having hit the ball hard into the near post Sam had to make up the ground from the centre of the goal and fell short which allowed the ball to squeeze into the goal. The problem as I say was that he was looking to parry the ball whereas, in my opinion, if his hands had been reversed and looking to catch the ball it would have been comfortable to take the ball in. Had he also been a couple of feet further the ball would have gone into the side netting and absolved him of the mistake.

All that said he is still a talent and has kept us in a number of games this season and should be forgiven his error on this occasion which I am sure he will learn from.