"Bolton get battered" matchday thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

"Bolton get battered" matchday thread

Oh that was superb. Moonay this is why you can’t compare this game to your run of the mill league game. Look at what it means to those players, look how hard they fought! This means more!
To be fair CL, I didn't say they wouldn't be up for it ... just that the pressure would be more on them lot.

They were to a man excellent tonight. I even thought Magennis did well hassling and hurrying them. OK, he didn't get to do too much in attack, but he's one of the most hard done to players I've ever seen. Gets pulled for every light infringement he commits, yet gets bugger all himself, even when wrestled to the floor (which he was tonight ... literally).

But enough of that ... what about that goal. A great move, and then a sublime pass from Thelo that was worthy of Jordi himself ... and coolly put away by the Prodigal Son.

That was a good night.

I don't know how anyone could realistically pick a man of the match after the workload EVERY player put into that game....

1st half the makeshift defence worked their hearts out ... there danger man Dacres Cogley couldn't outrun J.Smith ... agreed their possession stats were off the scale but considering the talent they had I cannot recall a clear opportunity other than the save from Tickle... But towards the last few minutes of the 1st half I felt that the makeshift team was starting to gel a bit...

2nd Half they tried a hard press for the first 10-15 minutes, and again we absorbed it, then Magennis was replaced by Humphrys and then Godo for Cal, first cross of the match from Smith on the left wing nearly led to a goal and then for the goal it started with J.Smith bringing it out and passing to Chambers who did a slide rule pass to the on running Humphrys and the rest was ☆☆☆view obstructed ☆☆☆ celebrations 🍾 👏👏👏⚽️ wow !! Fantastic...

After that Godo then was unlucky not to get on the score sheet with a clever run and the whole team spirit was lifted beyond it 💪... you felt the whole stadium atmosphere crank up which was giving energy to the team... brilliant... I have lost my voice now... what a great result and 3pts ...

Mom - The Whole Team !!

Time to eat some humble pie. Fantastic result, brilliant defending but wrong starting line up for me. Still not sure why Josh continues to get selected because more often than not he brings nothing to the party.
Time to eat some humble pie. Fantastic reslt, brilliant defending but wrong starting line up for me. Still not sure why Josh continues to get selected because more often than not he brings nothing to the party.
Maybe, Maloney got it right? I thought that Magennis was actually a big part of our press from the front in the first half. He gave Santos a few digs which kept him on his toes. Then we saw Humphreys come on and did what he hasn't been doing for a few months now - and he scored to boot. If Humphreys had been on from the start maybe he wouldn't have been as effective as he was against tiring legs?

Last edited:
....l and then for the goal it started with J.Smith bringing it out and passing to Chambers who did a slide rule pass to the on running Humphrys ....
Was it Chambers? ... thought it was Thelo from the west ... need to get my prescription changed. :cool:

You need bottle to be a Wanderers fan hindley, it’s just a pity our players don’t have any!! 🙂
It's not over for you, far from it but you do need a little more direct play because all that tippy tippy stuff hurts no one. You are a better side than Barnsley but they have a more direct style than you so it will be interesting on Saturday. Anyway after you yourself have shown class tonight I wish you luck for your sake.