"Bolton get battered" matchday thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

"Bolton get battered" matchday thread

Doing ok here ... touch wood. They're obviously a good side, and play it about nicely, but we're keeping concentration and not giving em much.

Cal Macs got a few crosses in but nowt threatening.

Ref seems to let them get away with nudges, but penalises us every time.

Adeeko playing much better and pushing forward too.

Superb save by Tickle for the long shot.

Oh, and I understand that with the delayed kick off, it's unlikely their fans will get their last train if they stay till the end. 😂
Agreed about adeeko- much better tonight

Just wish I could have been there instead of having to watch it in Spain 🙄
Was talking to a Pompey fan on the plane over who was hoping that we would do them a favour and we have.
😃

Oh that was superb. Moonay this is why you can’t compare this game to your run of the mill league game. Look at what it means to those players, look how hard they fought! This means more!

Shaun Maloney, we rightly criticise him and give him stick. Tonight he took a huge gamble benching Humphrys and Godo. But his makeshift defence stood up for him, with help from Bolton being incredibly shite in front of goal. Then the cavalry were brought on at the right time and won us the game. So tonight, we’re going to give him the praise he deserves! Well done Shaun!! Six points against Bolton, we can’t ever take that away from you.

Hate singling players out after a collective effort like that, but Sam Tickle! When you’ve got a quality goalkeeper behind you making quality saves, you’ve always got a chance.

PWU made a fair point about players lifting themselves for run of the mill mid table league games - why should they
e.g.
# players who may not be here next season
# loan players

However, against a team pushing for automatic promotion, or Bolton, the players have a different mind set.

Oh that was superb. Moonay this is why you can’t compare this game to your run of the mill league game. Look at what it means to those players, look how hard they fought! This means more!

So tonight, we’re going to give him the praise he deserves! Well done Shaun!! Six points against Bolton, we can’t ever take that away from you.
Hang on, when we play shite and struggle most folk blame the players not Maloney.

We beat Bolton in a hard fought game and now Maloney should take the credit not the players.

Oh my, we are pretty shit and Bolton are not a bad team BUT that all counts for nothing if you can't score.

What a result!!!

Sorry to say a poor performance from Josh Magennis but well done to all the others.

Our tactics 1st half were shocking as the midfield were playing alongside the back 4 inviting them on. Bolton are a decent side but are flimsy as fuck with no fight in um.

Well done on the win tonight guys, Maloney completely outthought Evatt yet again, which I must confess though is not difficult. Every manager and team we play knows exactly how we’re going to set up and will continue the sideways and back garbage no matter what for the whole 90 minutes. That tonight was typically atrocious and shows exactly why we’ve no chance of making the automatics and probably the play offs as well. Anyway, I didn’t come on to moan just to congratulate you on a job well done and wish you luck for the rest of the season. Humphrey’s for England? 😁

Time to eat some humble pie. Fantastic result, brilliant defending but wrong starting line up for me. Still not sure why Josh continues to get selected because more often than not he brings nothing to the party.

Well done on the win tonight guys, Maloney completely outthought Evatt yet again, which I must confess though is not difficult. Every manager and team we play knows exactly how we’re going to set up and will continue the sideways and back garbage no matter what for the whole 90 minutes. That tonight was typically atrocious and shows exactly why we’ve no chance of making the automatics and probably the play offs as well. Anyway, I didn’t come on to moan just to congratulate you on a job well done and wish you luck for the rest of the season. Humphrey’s for England? 😁
Well done sir, took bottle that.