"Bolton get battered" matchday thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

"Bolton get battered" matchday thread

I can promise you they won't see it the way you think they will. I'm surprised that you actually believe that, were you at the Reebok in August? Or the Reebok back in 2022, or pretty much every fixture we've played against them over the past five years?

The players will be on it from minute one Tuesday, just like they were against Man Utd and just like they were back in August. Because these are the fixtures they get excited for, not Cheltenham Town at home.

I hope your right CL that 'the players will be on it from minute one' but dispute your saying 'like they were against Man U'....they were like scared rabbits in the headlights against a poor Man Ure.
Twat the Noblot on Tues n I'll be happy...🍻

Clare still banned isn't he ??? He got 2 games ??

Just a thought as I seen him mentioned in team selections further back ??

I hope your right CL that 'the players will be on it from minute one' but dispute your saying 'like they were against Man U'....they were like scared rabbits in the headlights against a poor Man Ure.
Twat the Noblot on Tues n I'll be happy...🍻
No they weren't, they were switched on, laser focused and should've been 1-0 up within two minutes. Defended brilliantly and ran themselves stupid against world class opposition.

The manager was the scared rabbit in the headlights. The players were playing to his instructions of "don't push bodies forward under any circumstance". I reckon we'd have won or got a replay against them with the same players if Cook was in charge.

No they weren't, they were switched on, laser focused and should've been 1-0 up within two minutes. Defended brilliantly and ran themselves stupid against world class opposition.

The manager was the scared rabbit in the headlights. The players were playing to his instructions of "don't push bodies forward under any circumstance". I reckon we'd have won or got a replay against them with the same players if Cook was in charge.
Must have watched a different game....we were timid, sat off them & absolutely gifted them acres, literally acres of space for them to casually drift into our half totally unchallenged....that to me is like a pussy cat rolling over to have it's belly tickled....weather that be by instruction by SM or the players themselves. We could have given them a much harder fought win be that by the players, SM or a bit of both because looking at Utd's opponents in the next round in the shape of Newport County who put us to shame in their commitment & endeavour... something we TOTALLY lacked & imo down to SM & his negative tactics.

Bbc reporter writing about Blackpool v Bolton "The first half was league one football at it's finest, with end-to-end entertainment" Let's hope for a bit of that on tuesday.

Hi guys I wouldn’t take our Blackpool result on Saturday as any true reflection of the game. The referee was an absolute shocker though to be fair we missed 3 absolute sitters in the first half and I do mean sitters and should have been ahead despite two shocking bits of defending aided by said refs decisions. Second half he got even worse and it led to the penalty, not actually the tackle itself but the blatant foul he didn’t give us that led up to it.

It's such a hame that refs at this level can be so bad but hey we’ve all suffered and have to live with it. Bringing Santos straight back was a mistake, he just wasn’t match fit and I’m glad he’ll be missing on Tuesday. The pitch is a concern but it’s the same for both teams so we can’t use that as an excuse but as others have said, it’s arguably more important for us to win than you but as always with this one it’s about more than the points and we don’t only owe you one we owe you two. 😁

Here is the home form league table. Apparently Bolton haven't beaten anyone above Cambridge away this season

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240225-110523.png
    Screenshot_20240225-110523.png
    295.5 KB · Views: 5
if the apeal goes in tomorrow sid do you no how long it takes for the bord to sit and come to a deciseon. culd be tite.
If an appeal is in but not heard then I think he'd be able to play.

But it's risky because they run the risk of a "frivolous appeal" and it being extended to 2 games and they have Barnsley away coming up which is a much bigger game than Tuesday

If an appeal is in but not heard then I think he'd be able to play.

But it's risky because they run the risk of a "frivolous appeal" and it being extended to 2 games and they have Barnsley away coming up which is a much bigger game than Tuesday
cheers mate

Like a few on here I’ve been going to these fixtures for donkeys years, from Springfield to Burden Park and the new stadium iterations. Always looked forward to these local derbies. For the first time ever I feel really ambivalent about this fixture and can’t say I’m looking forward to it. The prospect of sitting there sober watching us endlessly pass it backwards and sideways whilst creating next to nothing is not appealingly and in all honesty I don’t know if I’m gonna bother.

We’re weakest when teams press us high. Also when you came to the TS earlier in the season Humphrey’s murdered us by exploiting the space behind our wingbacks and he and Wyke benefitted for it. He was also very physical something we also struggle with. If as you say you stay back I guarantee we’ll do you but if you get in our faces from the off and intimidate us as you have in both your recent visits I think we’ll struggle.

We may have got results recently other than yesterday obviously but we’re way off form and Evatt’s insistence with chopping and changing personnel plus the tippy tappy on what will probably be a bumpy surface after the rugby certainly won't suit us. It’s going to be a tough one, it always is against you boys and if we’re even slightly in the generous mood we were on Saturday we’ll get tonked. Hopefully we won’t be, it’s a cracking match and the team that deserves to win does so. 😉

Callum Mac needs to start this game. For the simple reason he gets stuck in And will get the crowd going. Tackles will be going in so expect a few yellow cards. Probably a red. Sit back and it could get embarrassing if they score early But it’s Wigan anything can happen

If it was down to me I'd go 4231

Tickle

Hughes
Morrison
Kerr
Chambers

Matt Smith
Shaw
Aasgaard

Humphrys
Jonny Smith
Magennis