"Bolton get battered" matchday thread | Vital Football

"Bolton get battered" matchday thread

jocklatic

Vital 1st Team Regular
Well it's nearly upon us where these lot come over the hill to the DW for Tuesdays night's fixture. With their captain Santos getting sent off in their 4 -1 defeat to Blackpool I hope it puts a massive dent in their confidence. Another rendition at the DW of "Bolton get battered" would be nice to hear especially if we can replicate the performance of the previous meeting at their place. Hope upon all hope that SM doesn't set us up like he did against Cheltenham and we go at them from minute one. Seriously can't call this so I'm gonna sit on the fence ( hi Moonay, fancy seeing you up here as well).....UTFT

Usual Bolton collapse as season comes to the end. They might finish in the play offs. !!!!!

Hop we can continue beating them an help spoil there season once again.

All the pressure's on them. They need the win, both for the points and to bounce back from the thrashing at their place ... not to say today against the Donkey Lashers.

I think we can do it ... but yet again, if we don't, then it won't be a disaster.

Pass across the back and side ways. And these will do us big style. Get at them from the first minute And we have a chance. Wounded bear comes to mind here. They have been quite good at bouncing back after defeats this season.

Hopefully our players are fired up and we get in their faces, they seemed a soft touch at their place and looked nervy when we went at them. I expect that Bolton will have more of the ball which seems to suit us better as when we have lots of possession we don’t seem to know how to break teams down.

I’d start McManaman with it being a local derby as he could set the tone for our other players and get them fired up. I’d also start Magennis as at the minute he seems to be the best of a bad bunch from our strikers, Kelman has looked better coming on as a sub. I’d play Aasgard a bit deeper so that we can get him on the ball a bit more. I’m guessing Jones will still be injured.

Tickle

Hughes
Kerr
Chambers

Clare
M Smith
Aasgard
J Smith

McManaman
Magennis
Godo

Play like last night and those mistakes we make after passing it around at the back will be punished harshly.

Defo a game to take it to them. If we do I fancy us to get something, but we're going to have to play as well as we have in any game this season.

Why not try Humphrys at centre forward where he should be instead of Magennis, and tell the fucker to stay up there with Godo off him.
Keep Smith and Mcmanaman on the correct wings and bang the crosses into the two forwards.

Tickle

Clare
Hughes
Kerr
Chambers

McManaman
M Smith
Aasgard
J Smith

Humphrys
Godo

Terrible thread title, right up there with Kev Sheldon's "we won't get relegated" bollocks last season. Asking for trouble.

We're due a pumping against these lot and fresh off their beating today, they'll come out fired up and give it to us.

All the pressure's on them. They need the win, both for the points and to bounce back from the thrashing at their place ... not to say today against the Donkey Lashers.

I think we can do it ... but yet again, if we don't, then it won't be a disaster.
Just not true though is it. An unbeaten record against them which now lasts over nine years. Bragging rights between friends/colleagues. There is no such thing is "no pressure" in a derby.

Kust not true though is it. An unbeaten record against them which now lasts over nine years. Bragging rights between friends/colleagues. There is no such thing is "no pressure" in a derby.
From a fans point of view, you're maybe right CL, but most players won't see it like that. They'll just see the first game, league position and a points target.

Usual Bolton collapse as season comes to the end. They might finish in the play offs. !!!!!

Hop we can continue beating them an help spoil there season once again.

Be a different game Tuesday to last night, sadly Santos being suspended will make them stronger, absolute carthorse him

not looking good for tuesdey. mate just herd of the breefing seans given to the lads todey ahed of the game.

smithy. i want you controling the game in the center as per.
cal. free range mate run at them on both sides and get in there faces. hurt a few.
jonny. nice run up the wing last neet. more of the same and just get them balls into the box.
reet your a big lad i want you nocking 7 bells out of the defence and when jonnys balls come in shoot on site.
but i'm the goaly.
do as your told tickle.

Well it's nearly upon us where these lot come over the hill to the DW for Tuesdays night's fixture. With their captain Santos getting sent off in their 4 -1 defeat to Blackpool I hope it puts a massive dent in their confidence. Another rendition at the DW of "Bolton get battered" would be nice to hear especially if we can replicate the performance of the previous meeting at their place. Hope upon all hope that SM doesn't set us up like he did against Cheltenham and we go at them from minute one. Seriously can't call this so I'm gonna sit on the fence ( hi Moonay, fancy seeing you up here as well).....UTFT
if theres omens out there jock ill take it.
santos got the red card for the last man tackle agenst.............

kyle joseph.

After Worries game that pitch is an total disgrace. Never seen it as bad for a few years. No football on Tuesday or for the rest of the season. Shaun it's big boot now, tick a d pass out the window 🫣

From a fans point of view, you're maybe right CL, but most players won't see it like that. They'll just see the first game, league position and a points target.
I can promise you they won't see it the way you think they will. I'm surprised that you actually believe that, were you at the Reebok in August? Or the Reebok back in 2022, or pretty much every fixture we've played against them over the past five years?

The players will be on it from minute one Tuesday, just like they were against Man Utd and just like they were back in August. Because these are the fixtures they get excited for, not Cheltenham Town at home.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can promise you they won't see it the way you think they will. I'm surprised that you actually believe that, were you at the Reebok in August? Or the Reebok back in 2022, or pretty much every fixture we've played against them over the past five years?

The players will be on it from minute one Tuesday, just like they were against Man Utd and just like they were back in August. Because these are the fixtures they get excited for, not Cheltenham Town at home.
:shrug:
"Promise"?

I wasn't there in August (at a cricket match) but I was in 2022, and all previous ones ... but you go on to talk about players being up for it. I hope they will be, but that wasn't might point. I said the pressure was all on Bolton ... which it is.

If we lose, we still have 11 games in which to pick up the points we need. If Bolton don't win, then it may contribute to screwing up their hopes of 2nd place.

We've stuffed em once this season ... we don't need to do it again ... they need to save face.