Forest v Wham | Page 10 | Vital Football

Forest v Wham

Absolutely this, they should at least release the audio of what was decided & why
I wonder if perhaps we may now get a ref or VAR giving us something that's less clear cut because we have had so many go against us.

They've done the same to Everton who have had 0 pens this season i think i read ?

Missed tickets for today's game so was listening on Forest Player. Fray was absolutely incredulous. He'd seen a replay whilst VAR spent ages reviewing it and was scathing of the decision when it came.
The irony with the penalty incident was that they were showing it from various angles, and the shot from behind was crystal clear. I think even the filming director thought that the penalty was a given as it kept showing the shot from behind for ages. Maybe last week incident was a bit accentuated but today's incident was 100% clear.

If there isn’t something crooked with VAR I’d be amazed.

"minimal interference, maximum benefit"

“provide a way for "clear and obvious errors" and "serious missed incidents" to be corrected”

Or maybe not

If there isn’t something crooked with VAR I’d be amazed.

"minimal interference, maximum benefit"

“provide a way for "clear and obvious errors" and "serious missed incidents" to be corrected”

Or maybe not
Its an inherent problem with VAR.

The ref doesn't give it because he's not 100% sure, so he just leaves it for VAR.
Then VAR don't give it because they don't want to contradict the ref.

The ref doesn't give it because he's not 100% sure, so he just leaves it for VAR.
Can't help thinking that VAR officials should be completely independent of the PGMOL there's too much of an old boys network going on & they don't want to upset or show up their mates. Doesn't seem to be an issue in other sports, only seems to affect football.

West Ham forum:

"Genuinely baffled by that non penalty call for them"

"When fans are complaining about decisions for the opposition, you know it's got bad. I can't ever remember it being this bad."

"I would have been furious if that wasn’t given for us."

"Ref was absolutely horrendous. Phillips should never have been sent off. That said , we were awful . Forest missed 3 or 4 very good chances."

"Red didn’t really make a difference, Phillips was **** anyway. Their 2 CM’s was way more tenacious than ours, along with their FB’s on top of our wingers at every attempt."

Last edited:

It’s not an inherent problem. It’s a bent system, it has to be.

Maybe we’re being given some VAR punishment for our spending

All joking aside, if you can’t get the decision correct with benefit of watching it over and over again, then you are either a fucking idiot or taking backhanders

It’s not an inherent problem. It’s a bent system, it has to be.

Maybe we’re being given some VAR punishment for our spending

All joking aside, if you can’t get the decision correct with benefit of watching it over and over again, then you are either a fucking idiot or taking backhanders
I'm not saying they aren't fucking idioits, I'm saying you have to factor that into the thinking on VAR

I wonder if perhaps we may now get a ref or VAR giving us something that's less clear cut because we have had so many go against us.

They've done the same to Everton who have had 0 pens this season i think i read ?
I wonder if M.O.T.D will mention it tonight after what happened last week , surely even non-Forest fans are seeing a pattern emerge.