The FA Cup Thread | Page 181 | Vital Football

The FA Cup Thread

If anyone is interested in this sort of thing PM me and I'll pass it on to Lee.

Hi Lee,

Hope you're well?

Please excuse the direct contact - I found your name on the Premier League website and thought you'd be the best person to reach out for this enquiry.

I work over at the FA, producing video content for the Emirates FA Cup's digital channels. We're currently working on a long-form feature titled 'What's Going on in Birmingham?', speaking to established stars from the city including Jaykae, Jack Grealish and potentially Nathan Dawe.

As part of the episode, we want to speak to the locals about the club, what it means to the city and what it means to be from Birmingham/what makes the city special.

We're looking to attend the Villa v Chelsea replay next Wednesday (7th) and chat to 2-3 fans on the above before the match. We're ideally looking to chat to fans aged between 18-35 and mixed genders.

Would it be possible to arrange/put is in touch with a couple of fans you think would be good talkers and suitable for this please? It would make the content a lot stronger having the fan perspective ahead of an FA Cup matchday at Villa Park.

Let me know if you want to chat through on a call if that's easier.

Well Jack Grealish is from Solihull and Nathan Dawe is from Burton Upon Trent so I think they need to ask some others. Jaykae is the only one properly from Birmingham (Small Heath) but he supports blues and his music is terrible, at least to me it is.

we certainly need an eye on Sunday. Not sure there are that many positions we can rotate given the injury pile up
Hopefully torres will be back for this one for a space on the bench. I would be tempted to start rodgers and have one or two youngsters on the bench like kellyman.

Good opportunity to start ramsey. I think luiz will 100% start hence why he was taken off earlier

Hopefully torres will be back for this one for a space on the bench. I would be tempted to start rodgers and have one or two youngsters on the bench like kellyman.

Good opportunity to start ramsey. I think luiz will 100% start hence why he was taken off earlier
Rogers cup tied I think - he played against us in R3.

Thanks yes you are right! So looks like ollie will start ss we have no other strikers

Id start diabs in this one and ssve bailey for sunday. Ite the bigger game out of the two. Not sure if zaniolo will be back or not
Watkins will start, I'm surprised at 5-0 we never subbed him at Sheffield Ut. Obviously the lad is bionic and runs on Duracell

Tbh, just wanna get this one out the way either way and everyone be fit and ready for Sunday which I will be absolutely bouncing for.

We need to make some changes Weds ready for said HUGE game against rat face and his fellow chunts. I can't bear thinking about losing to them again.

Last edited:
Just need to be positive in this situation and trust the management. I would not want us get more injuries.

No konsa or torres is a frightening aspect.
Losing Konsa is a blow but you talk as if Lenglet and Carlos are disasters waiting to happen. They really aren’t. Both are more than capable and Torres could well be back soon. We’re not the Villa of old when losing a key player invariably meant we’d fall to pieces. Bit more faith needed me thinks in the players we’ve got.