The Official Walsall Match Thread (Sponsored by Jorge Leguín Cabezas Hurtado "for all your gol.gol gol gol gol gol gol needs") | Page 10 | Vital Football

The Official Walsall Match Thread (Sponsored by Jorge Leguín Cabezas Hurtado "for all your gol.gol gol gol gol gol gol needs")

If only our strikers could finish like Masterson.
Seriously if Hawkins can play at the back I would love see Masterson switching him in games we are chasing.I like Josh Walker I think he showed a lot of what we have been missing a nightmare to play against .I thought Masterson was a inspiration today.Hutton's crossing is class.That first half ball to Walker was top draw . Credit to Walker he was almost there not sure many of our previous strikers would have even run in behind.Walker like Cody aways was is looking for opportunities.Goals will come there.Jorge is a bit harder to assess yet but he has something for sure .
Ehmer had a good day.Coleman was his typical self on what was tough opposition I felt they have had some impressive displays lately.

As many have said already the one positive today was when Hurtado came on.
Wanting the ball quicker and looking to run at the defenders but I’m sure by next Friday that will be “knocked” out of him by Clemence.

Fans will remain supportive but that does not & should not equate to them being eternally grateful & not being able to question certain decisions that have been made. Frustration comes from the season not matching fans' expectations but of course these were raised by BG bullish objective of promotion.

Of course they can question decisions and don't need to be eternally grateful but any angst should be aimed at underperforming coaches and players. The owners have done their bit this season.

I'm certainly not saying sack Clemence. I'm a firm believer in giving a coach /manager time to build a squad develop a team and stamp their identity.
What I can't see at the moment is positive movement towards a shape,a consistent pattern of play, or a coherent team.

Of course they can question decisions and don't need to be eternally grateful but any angst should be aimed at underperforming coaches and players. The owners have done their bit this season.
But the Galinsons are the owners who ultimately made the decision to appoint the underperforming coaches so cannot be totally absolved of criticism.

FFS people where were we 12 months ago yes 12 months FFS.

We are Gillingham and only Gillingham

Brad and Shannon have pumped hard cash into our Club and will need to learn as they go by their mistakes and others that they employ.

After last year I am happy to have a club in the EFL lat alone a point or two outside of a playoff position.

It make take a year or two more but without Brad and Shannon we would be in the National Conference what ever it’s called.

Reality Check

But the Galinsons are the owners who ultimately made the decision to appoint the underperforming coaches so cannot be totally absolved of criticism.

Absolutely buck stops with them but I am sure they took advice from the footballing "board". Maybe that's needs refreshing for next season.

The Galinsons have got a hell of lot more right than wrong in the last 13 months.

I'm bored going to football at the moment. I posted a thread about this a while back ' I'm bored ' . I was mostly bored under Harris and still bored week in week out. Every week we see bang average teams (according to Treacle) have more movement, better passing, more ideas while we are so static, so slow. No wonder the crowd is so quiet. I was looking forward to today but within 5 minutes it was clear it was same old. The one bright spark was Hurtado but he needs to wear the right studs as he kept slipping. At least he tried to make things happen. I always try to be positive but this lot are seriously wearing me down

Absolutely buck stops with them but I am sure they took advice from the footballing "board". Maybe that's needs refreshing for next season.

The Galinsons have got a hell of lot more right than wrong in the last 13 months.
Agreed. It's been a steep learning curve but undoubtedly the club is now in a far better position with them at the helm.

Brad and Shannon have pumped hard cash into our Club and will need to learn as they go by their mistakes and others that they employ.

After last year I am happy to have a club in the EFL lat alone a point or two outside of a playoff position.

It make take a year or two more but without Brad and Shannon we would be in the National Conference what ever it’s called.

Reality Check
I don't disagree but can you honestly say you're enjoying yourself at the moment considering what the Gallinsons have put in to the playing side?

I don't disagree but can you honestly say you're enjoying yourself at the moment considering what the Gallinsons have put in to the playing side?
No I am not but I believe in the process.

Do you believe that the Gallisons are happy in their return?

I hope they believe in the process

Reality Check
Football is about the here & now for many supporters. Perspective is of course required & we shouldn't forget the progress made. But it would be wrong to ignore the reality of this season being one of underperformance failing to build on the momentum generated by the Galinsons' arrival. Given that expectations were raised by the stated objective of promotion then it's probably not that surprising when supporters frustrations boil over after yet another insipid display.

Play offs is not going to happen based on that crap today.

agree that ogie.needs benching.

I thought hawkins was a handful today. at corners he was marked by 2 players.

We could of been 2 nil down at half time.

I think columbo will be interesting to watch. and another thing.......

Nobody standing up in front of me today which was good.

I don't think we are in the mix. We have had ample opportunities to get further ahead, which have been squandered. This squad is simply not good enough.
Just thought I would check in case I am so pissed I can’t be up to date ( trust me had shit loads from 15:00 today)

We are one point - one point off the play off spot and at no time this season have we gone on a run.

Get these Mother F###### playing as they should it’s easily achievable but can we do that?