The Official Walsall Match Thread (Sponsored by Jorge Leguín Cabezas Hurtado "for all your gol.gol gol gol gol gol gol needs") | Page 11 | Vital Football

The Official Walsall Match Thread (Sponsored by Jorge Leguín Cabezas Hurtado "for all your gol.gol gol gol gol gol gol needs")

Play offs is not going to happen based on that crap today.

agree that ogie.needs benching.

I thought hawkins was a handful today. at corners he was marked by 2 players.

We could of been 2 nil down at half time.

I think columbo will be interesting to watch. and another thing.......

Nobody standing up in front of me today which was good.
Why would they stand up? The only excitement was when we scored!

😂😂 Great point of reference
Even before Nelly touched the ball, Peter Lloyd must have said that he was a raw talent, just mimicking stuff he’d read on Watford social media. Ffs, Futado did more in 3 mins than the rest of the team on in the preceding 60 mins.

The issue I see can be summed up as a lack of intensity, a lack of desire from the core of the team. Hutton decided to chase across the width pitch and it brought a roar of support from the crowd. We want to see high intensity football not pass it side ways and back to the keeper.

It starts at the back - Turner is the slowest keeper I have ever seen at restarting play. The crowd were on his back in the first half and that won't help him, but he's not helping himself by slowing it down.

Walsall a midtable table team looked better than us at getting forward. We are so slow.

Hawkins is so one dimensional. Please play him at CB - I think he's a great CB but a goal threat he is not. The war memorial on the lines is more mobile than Hawkins.

Why are we talking about Hurtado ? He did more in 15 mins than that team in the previous 75. He wanted to run, he wanted to shoot. No else did.

Its boring watching Gills and the Galinsons deserve more.

Barring a miracle we will be well out of contention after the Barrow game as I don't see us getting many points in February.

I'm not sure Brad is a patient man, he wants success. I think Clemence is on a slippery slope, he isn't delivering exciting football, goals or wins. I'm not sure he's going to be here next season.

I read a few weeks back that this team was hard to love, I thought that was harsh - you know what - I'm starting to feel that way. A bunch of talented individuals but no more of a team than the Tory party.

After the excitement of Como this season is fizzling out big time
I’m pretty sure that Turner slowing it down is due to instructions from the coaches.
The idea is to play it out from the back and build up through midfield.
It’s not working but it’s the plan.

So, so disappointed with today.
Following the changes in personnel coupled with (on paper) one of the less difficult February games, I was hoping for a bit of a statement of intent performance today. I suppose we did get that to a degree, but not the statement we were all hoping for.

I’ve watched football (and the gills) for long enough to know that no team has a god given right to win a game. But following the early season hype, then change of management to fit with the long term plan, quotes of “we know what’s wrong”, “we know what’s needed to fix it” around Xmas,, etc, the shuffling of the up front options, I must admit to feeling fucking mugged off today.

That first half was potentially the most turgid game id seen for years. It was such a painful, boring watch. Others have stated that watching football is supposed to be entertainment, I would offer that my last dental appointment was more entertaining than that first half. We appeared to offer nothing. Absolutely nothing going forward. Yet my mate at half time said thier keeper had been the busiest.possibly so, yet the game was still Walsall keeping the ball better, using the ball better, showing more desire both on and off the ball, finding spaces, creating plays. I have said it before and I’ll say it again, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK DO WE DO IN TRAINING!?!?

Those that are moaning at JT to release the ball quicker, who the hell is he supposed to give it to if all 10 outfield players are standing like fucking statues and unwilling to receive it? The one time he DID sling it to (the again ineffective) malone, within seconds he had 3 Walsall on him, closing him down and surprise, we lost the ball.

We have all said it time and time again. Everything is so slow, going through the motions, and so fucking frustrating. We’ve now had 3 managers try and get some urgency throughout this lot and I’m fucked off with seeing the same spineless bollocks week after week. It’s pathetic. Unfortunately this even transfered to the crowd today.The atmosphere was dire. The right side did try and get stuff going (fair play), but I and 2000 others thought “why fucking bother. These arseholes certainly aren’t...”

Second half and the same shit til 60 mins, the subs, the slight upping of tempo, the seemingly customary balls up from SO and were 1 down.

I enjoyed the “leave one up” chant. Reminded me of the turgid PT era, in more ways than 1.

The Colombian at least added some excitement. Although I agree with others that he could’ve laid off passes to team mates that were better placed. In his defence he probably thought “I’d rather have a dig myself than give it to you to fucking waste it”

3 of our next 4 - Notts county, Swindon, Wrexham. I think by the end of feb we will know if we have a chance of playoffs or not. If my money was going anywhere, it would be us finishing 12. And not bothering top 7 agin from now til next season. ☹️

I’m pretty sure that Turner slowing it down is due to instructions from the coaches.
The idea is to play it out from the back and build up through midfield.
It’s not working but it’s the plan.

Agreed.

Though its easier to play through the midfield when you've got jack grealish and some other premier league johnny come lately in your team.

I'm not convinced about playing out from the back in league 2.

Plenty of times he has players to throw it to but more often than not he boots it anyway - normally to one of theirs .
Don’t agree mark. The players don’t move into space to receive it. JT can sling the ball to any of our lot, but it they’re not finding space, gaps or are generally unwilling to accept it, then his only option is to wallop it upfield and hope.

Totally agree. Ogie needs benching on recent performances and our midfield that is regularly bypassed needs an extra body.
One idea a fan suggested to me was playing Ogie in the midfield.Not sure it would work but possibly worth considering as cover in both areas especially as Coleman has no other real cover .
What about using him there in a few B Games?

Sadly have to agree with literally everything,just dont get lack no total lack of passion in almost whole team,nothing new by the way,
Said on here before what on earth is Andrew’s deal,know you can’t rely on rumours,but Accy fans,stated maybe out for season,not played since December 9th what’s all that about.
Columbian guy showed more passion in first minute,than rest in first 70 minutes.
We appear to be cutting budget already under Brad,and NO I’m not forgetting what he has done,
Where is Marquee signing,you stated you knew issues months ago and told fans it will be sorted,Really.
I don’t think seen an entertaining performance all season,ok not seen all matches.and that’s why SC was hired was it not.
Turner seems to think he has all day to clear ball every time.
I all but give up after 50 bloody years,
After the subs there was more drive .Walker attempted to do that first half but you can do it alone.

As daft as those that suggest max should be played upfront.

What next, LSB in goal?
Our defence has massively outscored our midfield.Agian I was only passing on another comment.Bruce and Frampton both had spells in Midfield.Both were perhaps less equipped to play there .

He's got 5 defenders to choose from - they can't all be marked.
Not marked no, but if they’re unwilling to receive it what can JT do? If he slings it to someone who doesn’t want it, or doesn’t have an option once they get it then the opposition close down quickly and in numbers, Rob the ball and then get possession on the 18 yard box, with a clear run on goal. Exactly how I’d rather WE played ironically.

Just thought I would check in case I am so pissed I can’t be up to date ( trust me had shit loads from 15:00 today)

We are one point - one point off the play off spot and at no time this season have we gone on a run.

Get these Mother F###### playing as they should it’s easily achievable but can we do that?
Thinking the answer is probably NO.

How quick is his distribution?
I am sorry the ref set the tone.It seem stupid that with all these time wasting laws and bookings that there is as much as there always has been .The crowd didn't help our new lads.The problem is more Harris's senior players .There might be a argument for slapping various contracted senior players on the transfer list in June.
Turner will have more distribution opportunities when a few of our younger recruits get more minutes.Hawkins is not a easy target for a keeper as he is not mobile enough crowd him and even if the kick is accurate the second ball is probably unlikely as he is genuinely being held by at least two players.