Match Thread: Lincoln City v Peterborough United | Page 8 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Peterborough United

Roughan, Bishop and Reeco down the left were fantastic today! Draper was incredible up top, and feels harsh not to name others too as so many played well!! yes it was only 0-0 but certainly starting to play some really good football

Since Draper is a forward and Mitchell is a defender, is Mitchell actually cockney rhyming slang for Haberdasher?

Absolutely, I thought our back 4 were excellent including Roughan now he’s LB and not LWB.

Only 15pts from the magical 50 and safety.
Well according to Flashscores we had 16 goal attempts to 8 and XG of 0.7 v 0.3. I doubt would have been the same under MK

We are getting there. Against a top Bolton side a few minutes away from a draw playing with no front line. Wycombe away abysmal for 65mins and then we started to go forward a well deserved point. Derby with the new attacking philosophy with forwards available with better finishing should have beaten them. Today matched another top side and could easily come out the winners. Things are on the up. Let’s all get behind team things are on the up

Very pleased with our performances in the last couple of games. However means nothing if we can’t put away the teams in mid table and below.

A win at Burton please.

Last edited:
Happy with that, couldn't tell which side are going well at the top of the league and which haven't won since.....can't be bothered to check that far back.

The shape with Reeco in front of Roughan works so well for the latter and the balance of the side. Roughan must have said some Hail Mary's when that was implemented.

I was chatting with a Posh fan on the way out and he made an interesting point about their defence being set up differently and deeper, probably because Taylor was playing and they were fearful of his pace. If that's correct it shows that even though Taylor may not be having a great game, his mere threat can have a direct positive impact on a match which can help team mates in a meaningful way even if he can't take advantage of it personally.

Last edited:
Very pleased with our performances in the last couple of games. However means nothing if we can’t put away the teams in mid table and below.

A win a Burton please.

It does feel like we have turned a corner, esp the last couple of games. I agree re Burton, we need a point at the very worst but I am hoping we go and make up for that terrible reverse SB horror show.

Well according to Flashscores we had 16 goal attempts to 8 and XG of 0.7 v 0.3. I doubt would have been the same under MK
Funny, according to the Peterborough press only one team was trying to win that, we were content to sit and defend. Seems one of our few chances was when Hamilton, 'took time off from pulling shirts at set pieces, without getting punished, to send a weak sidefoot shot wide'.