MATCH THREAD v Manchester City ..Home FA Cup | Page 10 | Vital Football

MATCH THREAD v Manchester City ..Home FA Cup

*snort*
'I'm not bothered if we lost. It's the way we lost that is important mate'
*snort*
'You might call it shit mate. I call it progress.'
*snort*
'what do you mean play the occasional ball over the top to Timo who is acres of space? That's not what we do mate. No way'
*snort*
'yes mate. It's good to have a ten man defensive unit that can't pick a pass or shoot on goal as we only conceed from set pieces '
*snort*

Werner and Richy were making runs all game but we just didn't seem to be looking for them.

We didn't create much but we did manage to contain City mostly and showed we can match them, even with some of our players still missing.

A draw would have been fair, but I'm not sure we would have fared any better at their place.

Commentator just said it all city still have the HUNGER to want to win…Ange efin sort it out….

Werner and Richy were making runs all game but we just didn't seem to be looking for them.

We didn't create much but we did manage to contain City mostly and showed we can match them, even with some of our players still missing.

A draw would have been fair, but I'm not sure we would have fared any better at their place
Draw would have been pointless. Extra game midweek to lose

A draw would have been fair, but I'm not sure we would have fared any better at their place.
They were in second gear at most.

We have better but unfortunately they are at AFCON. City are fortunate that they haven't lost any players to that competition or the Asia Cup I think.
Hojberg just can't beat a man and make space like those two, he's also easy to press, gives up the ball.

He did OK tonight, but he's just bang average.

The one positive for me was (apart from the set peice at the end), our defending was solid. The only part of our game that matched theirs, but we never tested their defence!

Disappointed that ANge didn't see the lack of service to Richi and Werner, seeing the latter was exactly what HE wanted in the TW.

Frustrating night. I thought City were truly excellent, if a little wasteful. Defensively I thought we were impressive and we frustrated them the whole game. In midfield they were defensively good but were poor in getting the ball forward. Richarlison worked really hard and took a bit of a beating at times. Johnson and Kulusevski were really poor, as was Werner but Werner was making some excellent runs. He spared Walker when he did get a chance though with poor control.

I thought Skipp had a good little cameo - really bright. Madders never got in to the game.

All in all, we miss Son and we need Madders up to speed. Ange has to get our attackers playing better. Man City were incredible at times, as much as I think they have cheated their way to this level.

When you have one shot....one fecking shot, then we aren't deserving to win. We didn't do ourselves any favours by either shite or nil final ball. Hope we take it out on Brentford and use that as a push to get into and stay in top four.

The one positive for me was (apart from the set peice at the end), our defending was solid. The only part of our game that matched theirs, but we never tested their defence!

Disappointed that ANge didn't see the lack of service to Richi and Werner, seeing the latter was exactly what HE wanted in the TW.
Ange brought Madders on, so surely that shows that he saw Richi & Werner needed greater service?? Unfortunately Madders just didn’t get on the ball & influence anything though.

I’m shocked by some of the reaction here!!
People pointing out that we had 1 shot & didn’t control the midfield but completely ignore the fact that we had 3 first team players missing in Son, Sarr & Biss. Whilst we also only brought a half fit Madders on for his first game for 3 months & he had 20 minutes.
You honestly believe in that environment we’d be able to control a midfield against arguably the best team in the world!!
I wanted more & I wanted a win but I’m impressed with how well many of our players performed. Our defensive unit was solid. Venom was fouled as Diaz clearly jumped at him but I do think Venom needs to learn to push through these players as it now happens every match.
Skipp produced a great cameo also. Our midfield dropped when Bents left the field!
We need to keep building. Move more players out & new blood in!
All in all, we went toe to toe again with a top team, whilst missing 25% of our first team & got beat by 1 goal!

Let’s add some perspective people!!!