MATCH THREAD v Manchester City ..Home FA Cup | Page 9 | Vital Football

MATCH THREAD v Manchester City ..Home FA Cup

At least we have it confirmed we need better in the middle alongside Benty. I am baffled however what they work on on the training ground. Just tippy tappy out of the back?

A few comments are way off, we have given as good as we've got against the best team in europe and arguably the world.

TQ we usually agree on much...but not here.....we had ONE flipping attempt on goal....ONE. We didn't really give anything today....we were in 'receive' mode the whole game. Honestly 1-0 is a very generous outcome from what I have seen.

Did we even have a shot at goal? ... cant remember even 1 ... OK Vic should have punched the ball away as that guy was infront of him every corner and he should have seen that coming - cant say we deserved to win that with the likes of Hojberg playing for them

We barely produced anything of note. They are the level of winning trophies. We need to do better if we want to compete at that level.
We just need better players still

We've not been able to rotate
Hojberg / Skipp in the middle

We go again wed, the next 2 league games are more important

At least we have it confirmed we need better in the middle alongside Benty. I am baffled however what they work on on the training ground. Just tippy tappy out of the back?

100% and we already knew that. Anyone thinking PEH and Skippy can do anything for us in the middle are delusional. We need better there....a LOT better.

If u are going to pass it around at the back u need to get it out. Last 15 mins we just didn’t make any ground and put ourselves under more pressure. Pressure the players couldn’t handle especially hojberg at the end. Couldn’t get ball to Maddison so no point begging for him to get on the pitch. Missed so many opportunities to get Werner through by holding onto ball too long, he was making some really good runs. Johnson missed a big chance needed to believe more when going to a ball like that

We were poor going forward,didn't really create any clear cut chances. Hate losing in that manner, still think it was a foul on Venom,VAR made the decision way too quick IMO,if it was Citeh they would have spent 10 mins looking at it from every angle. Very disappointed.