MATCH THREAD v Manchester City ..Home FA Cup | Page 15 | Vital Football

MATCH THREAD v Manchester City ..Home FA Cup

Hmm my take from the game.

Some extremely positive signs plus some worrying signs.

IMO Hotpot played really well. He was actually linking play and being postive. Then he blew it with 5 mins of mistake after mistake.

Maddison coming on weakened our team.

Bents got a big chunk of playing time under his belt at 100% effort.

Timo is a very positive player

VDV was indeed amazing.

We played some Ange ball at times that ripped City to pieces but unfortunately we never put the full move together. That will come over time.

The goal was a major negative and i include everyone in that. I watched that same move happen over and over again on nearly every corner except the one that preceeded the goal. IMO they were softening us up for doing it again. The defenders, Ange, Venom, the tea lady. They were all culpable of not doing something to stop the player getting in Vics way. Very poor show to not learn from it.

Its over and we move on with lots of major development to come.

Hi LH
Not a bad analysis
As I've said, best team in Europe atm in reality they 'Created' 3 shots on target the other shots they had we gave them and still there is an argument for their'Goal 'being a foul,but as you say we saw it several times and did nowt to protect the keeper, Coz Tierney was giving us nothing of note (he never does).
Again I'll say we had several players out there who' ve played about 60 mins of football together as a team, a few just back from injury, I'd like to see just what we're doing by mid March, and again by the end of the season.

Hi LH
Not a bad analysis
As I've said, best team in Europe atm in reality they 'Created' 3 shots on target the other shots they had we gave them and still there is an argument for their'Goal 'being a foul,but as you say we saw it several times and did nowt to protect the keeper, Coz Tierney was giving us nothing of note (he never does).
Again I'll say we had several players out there who' ve played about 60 mins of football together as a team, a few just back from injury, I'd like to see just what we're doing by mid March, and again by the end of the season.
Deffo. I dream of being able to see this lot with some solid coaching with everyone available and firing. I know that doesnt really ever happen but we just made the best team in the world work their nuts off against a side where we could/would easily have made half a team of changes if we had them all fit. In reality bringing Maddison on, never mind relying on Bents for such a huge game was criminal. Our defence is something to behold and gives Ange the basis to build anything he likes. I didnt really feel worried at any time about them making a break, VDV is like having an extra player.

Deffo. I dream of being able to see this lot with some solid coaching with everyone available and firing. I know that doesnt really ever happen but we just made the best team in the world work their nuts off against a side where we could/would easily have made half a team of changes if we had them all fit. In reality bringing Maddison on, never mind relying on Bents for such a huge game was criminal. Our defence is something to behold and gives Ange the basis to build anything he likes. I didnt really feel worried at any time about them making a break, VDV is like having an extra player.
Indeed LH
Re our defence, whilst we weren't perfect playing out from the back, City did have to work to close us down, and indeed we had options.
I do remember us in previous seasons trying to play out against City and we were pummelled virtually every time we tried it.
There's still work to do, but there are shoots of improvement there.

Indeed LH
Re our defence, whilst we weren't perfect playing out from the back, City did have to work to close us down, and indeed we had options.
I do remember us in previous seasons trying to play out against City and we were pummelled virtually every time we tried it.
There's still work to do, but there are shoots of improvement there.
We've really missed Bissouma playing out from the back. Sometimes you don't quite know the value of a player until he's not there.

Fitness aside, I don't think we'll see the best of Bentancur either until Bissouma returns. He's playing a sort of hybrid role at the moment, half filling in for Bissouma in the number 6 slot and half box to box. Neither is working particularly well. And not having Bissouma or Sarr alongside him isn't helping.

Once Bissouma returns we should see the best of Bentancur in his box to box role.

We've really missed Bissouma playing out from the back. Sometimes you don't quite know the value of a player until he's not there.

Fitness aside, I don't think we'll see the best of Bentancur either until Bissouma returns. He's playing a sort of hybrid role at the moment, half filling in for Bissouma in the number 6 slot and half box to box. Neither is working particularly well. And not having Bissouma or Sarr alongside him isn't helping.

Once Bissouma returns we should see the best of Bentancur in his box to box role.
Biss , Bents,Maddison and Sarr , all fit and purring is going to be awesome

This all day long. Bents is back from a huge lay off and we are asking him AGAIN to do superhuman levels of work and play. He needs Biss, Sarr, Maddison plus a few others all dancing around and then suddenly our midfield will start to purr. We have the players needed to play Ange ball at 100% full throttle for 90+ minutes for every game. We just need them all fit and available.