The January Transfer Thread | Page 62 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread

The question now is will this lad be coming in to back up Cash next season or will Cash be going and we sign a more high profile RB?

This guy is very young. He will need to be slowly integrated next year, so we'd be silly to get rid of Cash.

If we did we'd need another right back anyway.

Haven't Newcastle signed two young fullbacks for about 40m each, makes this kid a bargain and 3 years before he even has to be registered in the 25

Haven't Newcastle signed two young fullbacks for about 40m each, makes this kid a bargain and 3 years before he even has to be registered in the 25
He's only a bargain if he's good.

If he can break into the first team, his value skyrockets and it appears that this is the methodology - circa £30m for a midfield of Kamara, Luiz, Dendonker, Tielemans, Ramsey, Iroegbunam & McGinn. Plenty of value in that lot and it appears we are taking the Brentford/Brighton approach to recruitment to beat Profit & Sustainability rules.

Think the days of Gerrard investing £90m on Carlos, Digne, Coutinho and Dendonker appear to be a thing of the past. Who knows how this will play out? Unai's bought his CB now and heavily invested in Diaby, will he make any more signature signings?

He's very young and very cheap. I highly doubt he's going to come in and challenge Cash straight away.

Nice to have some options on that side though. I don't like Konsa at RB as I think we miss him at CB, and I'm falling more and more out of love with Diego wvery game. Just don't like him.

He's very young and very cheap. I highly doubt he's going to come in and challenge Cash straight away.

Nice to have some options on that side though. I don't like Konsa at RB as I think we miss him at CB, and I'm falling more and more out of love with Diego wvery game. Just don't like him.
Could see Carlos leaving in the summer if I'm honest. Broadsword of a CB against the rapier that Unai seems to prefer. That said, I don't know Unai's inner thoughts, so I could be totally wrong.

If we were going to sell players of value, I can certainly see it being Cash, Digne or Carlos with Dendonker as an add on.

According to Fab Romano we've been scouting him for a long while. But that must be bollocks because I've been told that once Lange was moved to a different job then departed entirely all scouting reports made previous to Monchi arriving would have been chucked in a bin.

I agree. Lenglet has done really well considering the game time he has had has been limited. But i like konsa at cb. Konsa is doing well considering he isnt a rb but we need him back in the center. I believe its because emerry feels carlos and lenglet have done well at cb and deserve to be in the team

he's 18 and played a dozen games in the serb league -
maybe lange left a post it note behind
(that or it's a big ole crock of bollox some of this tracking for a long time guff)

Could see Carlos leaving in the summer if I'm honest. Broadsword of a CB against the rapier that Unai seems to prefer. That said, I don't know Unai's inner thoughts, so I could be totally wrong.

If we were going to sell players of value, I can certainly see it being Cash, Digne or Carlos with Dendonker as an add on.
100% each of those 4 are sellable without hurting us but all 4 would need to be replaced.

-Cash is the only one where even if he stays we still need a RB.
- In the case of Diego and Digne its selling older expensive assets and bringing in cheaper players. They don't even need to be young given our squad profile overall. The bones of 200-250k in wages between those two.
- Dendonker is a little different than the 3 above, less of a need to sell and less of a need to replace.

Then you're stuck with 3 lads who are not sellable that need to go, Sanson, Coutinho and Chambers. Eating wages and essentially just liabilities now.