Match Thread: Lincoln City v Northampton Town | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Northampton Town

I am concerned. Does the duo of Tom Shaw and Skubala know what they are doing?

Shaw is being bred as a future head coach, worrying.

We moved Burroughs, Sorenson and Hamilton from their usual positions and got simply no benefit from it. Expected them to come out second half with a rocket up their arses and give it a go but still we didn’t look interested.

No idea what Duffy or Shodipo have done not to deserve a chance. Leave the defence and midfield solid and tinker the front three until you find three that’ll give they’re all for 90 mins.

I’d accept losing every match if we were going down fighting but we are going down with a whimper and we are too soft

Rinse and repeat unfortunately a very average Northampton side had to pretty much turn up
I knew this holiday period would be a tough watch at times but we look desperate at times
January will be a really hard month to get through even with some fresh faces
Just hope we can start to play with a pattern and belief
Unfortunately I get the feeling we’ll get a 5-0 result in January if we aren’t careful
Not sure about the sending off but I take it will be another extended ban?
Need to use this break after NYD to heal the wounds
Uti

Exactly he is coach not manager. The Cowleys were managers would do everything from scouting recruiting coaching and match day. This chap is just the coach but apparently he hasn’t had time to coach so far. Something is not right
Oh he will be coaching alright hes just not a very good one ,i did say when he was appointed he will be useless and was shotdown for it .

Once I had seen line up sort of knew what to expect. During an injury crisis can understand setting up being tough to beat. Problem is we are being beat.

Will post few more thoughts after a nights sleep, worried about being too harsh in the moment on a new manager who has come in at a tricky time. Think supporters are more than entitled to ask questions after last few weeks though.

Feel for the Jabara family witnessing that tonight given how much they’ve done financially to support the club
The deep pockets will need some encouragement and some honest expectations I’d guess
Indeed and if they and Clive were to walk away now we would be in the shit. Who would underwrite the loses? We would sink like a stone back or even go out of business.

I hope the Cowleys turned us down because of they were in contention I think we have missed a trick.

I have nothing against the new chap I just think he is on a hiding to nothing

And
Shocking, abysmal, embarrassing.
That was non league stuff.

Three (well deserved) defeats in the row and no win at home yet for our futsal coach. That is relegation form.

I wonder why recruitment process took so long if we ended up with this cheap imitation of the head coach in charge ?

There is lot more quality in this team even with injuries we have at the moment to play better than this dross we have to watch.

Can't see us winning a game right now. We are worse than under Kennedy and there no doubt about it..
And that was bad and uninspiring

The thing is, I’m still not sure we have wingbacks.

I’m expecting a shift towards Skubala’s preferred formation which will take minimum of 2 windows and many personnel changes.

...but with the heavy investment by the board last summer, MS was not appointed to request wholesale changes in playing staff.

He was appointed to get more out of them than MK did. Unfortunately there is little sign that he can.

With O'Connor out, time to go with a 4 2 3 1 at Blackpool. Corners to beat the first man, long throws used sparingly, players in their best position, play through the thirds rather than aimless punts, TJ as captain, stop making panic substitutions that lose momentum etc etc

...but with the heavy investment by the board last summer, MS was not appointed to request wholesale changes in playing staff.

He was appointed to get more out of them than MK did. Unfortunately there is little sign that he can.

Well I don’t really understand this, unless I’m wrong (I very well could be!) Skubala’s preferred formation is 4-2-3-1. Surely he would have made this clear during interviewing. Therefore, they/we should expect changes in players to meet his requirements. I think we would need 4-5 additions (oddly mainly in defence which our strength currently).

I do disagree with a lot of the comments here. I was at the game and don’t believe we deserved to lose.

Jensen was overconfident having just made a great save and made a mistake. He’s young, he’ll learn we move on.

Skubala didn’t have the set up correct from our set piece for the counter for the 2nd and Northampton worked it very well. He’ll learn and adapt.

The turning point of the game was when Simpson cleaned out Eyoma just after our goal. It was a straight red challenge. He was late with no intention of playing the ball. He wanted to hurt the player. As soon as that happened, they kicked, tripped and time wasted everything and the ref had no control. I don’t think O’Connor threw an elbow from what I could see - but their players screamed at the ref and he crumbled. And that’s why we lost today.

We’re doing the right things, other than set piece counters I don’t think we looked troubled defensively. Going forwards, our players just need a goal. They’re young, they need confidence. We created some fantastic chances, think Adelakun 1 on 1. With confidence, the passes will be better, the first touches will work, the legs feel fresher, you get more luck and we close and push better

I still believe when it clicks, this team is capable of beating anyone in this league. I don’t think recruitment has been bad. There’s only 1 mistake I can see and that’s because we didn’t understand the extent of the injury he had. I stick with, if we had fit strikers - we would be having very different conversations, and very little about the team would have actually changed.

Northampton shat bricks when we actually attacked (I mean had the ball under proper control, not a long ball). They couldn’t handle Bishop’s running or Hamilton’s constant pressing or Adelakun dropping deep to spread the play or Lasse’s constant running.

I don’t think we’re far away at all - but I look forward to the replies saying I don’t know what I’m on about.

Northampton shat bricks when we actually attacked (I mean had the ball under proper control, not a long ball). They couldn’t handle Bishop’s running or Hamilton’s constant pressing or Adelakun dropping deep to spread the play or Lasse’s constant running.

I think a lot would agree with this. However, how often have you seen us even try and play like that in the last 5-6 matches? That’s the frustrating thing!

Don't think he can be registered until the 2nd (the 1st being a bank holiday).
The transfer window is basically the period during which player registrations can be transferred; a player registration must be submitted and accepted by 12 noon the day before the next fixture in order to be eligible. Therefore, no one can be eligible to play on the first day of any window.