The January Transfer Thread | Page 18 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread

Plus if we have to have Homegrown players they need to be good enough to play not just meet a quota.
What I'm getting at is when people say replace Chambers Cash or Watkins for instance they always come up with a foreign name and we can't keep doing that, but do we want to keep Chambers to meet a quota when he'll never play?
I don't think you need to do that in every case, goalkeeper is the perfect place to get a HG player for the quota. Nobody coming in is going to do better than Emi but improving on or meeting the standard of Olsen wouldn't be too difficult.

I think there is a lot of good options out there. Trevor Chalobah would be an ideal upgrade on Chambers. Taking one of Cities kids wouldn't be the worst idea or if you could somehow pull Cole Palmer off Chelsea he'd be a great buy for us. Rico Lewis wouldn't be a bad purchase either. Michael Olise would be worth the money too. ESR maybe?

The limited budget is the killer and its why CL football is so important. Newcastle have done really well here with Gordon, Livramento, Hall and Barnes all meeting the criteria while being fairly young and decent.

I

The limited budget is the killer and its why CL football is so important. Newcastle have done really well here with Gordon, Livramento, Hall and Barnes all meeting the criteria while being fairly young and decent.
Yes, we can't do 40m for up-and-coming English players, shame Chuk went when he did

Nope, fuck him. If he’d have stayed look who he would have been playing for and developing him.

Regret is a bitch and I hope he’s kicking himself. He got the contract but his career is fucked because of choices he made.
He is probably one of the only sellable assets they have that has retained most of his value but the wages are an enormous barrier. I could see him rocking up to Milan or Barcelona next which in fairness wouldn't be a bad move at all.

It is funny, whoever I see us linked to, I think yup, Unai knows best!

It makes the transfers windows very serene.

Under previous managers, there was always the possibility of us signing some washed up player on high wages looking for a last payday (Coutinho).

If Unai fancied bringing Coutinho back, I'd fully support it.

Under previous managers, there was always the possibility of us signing some washed up player on high wages looking for a last payday (Coutinho).

Currently injured again, not played much, think he’ll be with us to the end of his contract, shame for him and the club how his career has just fizzled out.

Pity, just a few snippets of class from the great man in his Villa career.

Coutinho was finished years ago, there’s zero chance we ever see him again
I am fairly certain Nas has pulled off some sort of dodgy deal that went under the media radar. Smart move, do it once to help you out and never do it again, don't get greedy.

I don't know who we are bringing in but I know 100% I would like to see Chambers leave.
He's not harming and means should we get to the bare bones we won't be having to play kids with no experience like some sides .
If we can get good money for him yes

RB has to be the big priority in Jan followed by true competition for Watkins. If Watkins picks up a long term injury this season will fade off badly

Would anyone have Timo Werner? Saw a mad shout to sign him as backup.

I saw a YouTube video entitled "one player every premier league club should sign in January" and Werner was photoshoped into a Villa kit in the thumbnail to it.

Didn't watch it but I imagine the call for the signing is based on stats as Werner has similar qualities to Ollie. I know he's been back in Leipzig the last couple of years but the only striker we should be signing from them is Benjamin Sesko who is going to be the next Haaland.