The January Transfer Thread | Page 17 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread

Ivan Toney. I don't care how good a player is. As soon as they start to wind up our fan base by doing Birmingham City Zulu bullshit its goodnight from me. No thank you. Watkins is better. And if we buy another striker it should be someone better than Watkins or at least on par with different attributes.
He just screams 'im a pricks prick' to me.

Don't see us buying anybody from the Premier league, is there anybody there better than what we have without being ripped off? We will probably see some signings we have never heard of, like Moreno or Torres, money well spent.

Don't see us buying anybody from the Premier league, is there anybody there better than what we have without being ripped off? We will probably see some signings we have never heard of, like Moreno or Torres, money well spent.
Like V57 is saying, the Home-Grown requirements might force us into a purchase however our buy-backs could come into play there. The best solution to that IMO would be letting Olsen go and bringing in Foderingham or someone like that.

Like V57 is saying, the Home-Grown requirements might force us into a purchase however our buy-backs could come into play there. The best solution to that IMO would be letting Olsen go and bringing in Foderingham or someone like that.

Jaden Philogene's having a good season so far, which doesn't surprise me after the pre-season he put in.
Cam Archer is playing reasonably well considering where he's playing.
Aaron Ramsey isn't exactly producing for Burnley, no goals or assists in ten games.

Foderingham is a decent shout as a back up but, I'm much more impressed by Lutons Kaminsky.

Gallagher is the sort of player Gerrard would be looking to launch £50m bid for. This ain’t happening on Emery’s watch.
Sometimes you need a worker but I think this is one of Chelsea's biggest problems. He is excelling in a team that is completely failing and he is only playing and playing well because the rest of the side is out of balance. A great example of how being busy and reactive is seen as a good thing when its part of the problem.

Exact sort of lad who should be at Everton or Palace dreaming of his first England cap. And then maybe when he turns 26 with 200 games under his belt then he goes to Spurs. That should have been his career trajectory.

I think he'd be grand as a squad player but you'd want to be giving me him for 20m and he'd want to be happy making no premier league starts and getting no more than 1000 minutes a year.

How many homegrown players do we need?

Emi
Mings
Konsa
Cash
Chambers
McGinn
Watkins

Those are the ones I can think of but I don't know the technicalities of the rules.

How many homegrown players do we need?

Emi
Mings
Konsa
Cash
Chambers
McGinn
Watkins

Those are the ones I can think of but I don't know the technicalities of the rules.
I vaguely remember the rules being something like you needed 8. And that’s broken down into two types. It’s something like 4 have to have 4 years training in the country since they were u18 and then I think the other 4 is u21.

I don’t think McGinn counts but Traore may actually count.

I vaguely remember the rules being something like you needed 8. And that’s broken down into two types. It’s something like 4 have to have 4 years training in the country since they were u18 and then I think the other 4 is u21.

I don’t think McGinn counts but Traore may actually count.
Plus if we have to have Homegrown players they need to be good enough to play not just meet a quota.
What I'm getting at is when people say replace Chambers Cash or Watkins for instance they always come up with a foreign name and we can't keep doing that, but do we want to keep Chambers to meet a quota when he'll never play?