The Business/Finance/Economics Thread | Page 57 | Vital Football

The Business/Finance/Economics Thread

Lost me mate, he failed to meet the conditions, his toxic nature played in but they didn't act until he failed to meet the conditions?

Fuck Farage

I want to know when we're rising up and overthrowing the oligarchs!

In all seriousness, I can see an inflection point in 2025 in the states when Trumps tax cuts revert back to the norm before his presidency. Things that have helped ordinary folks take home a bit more pay will go away further exasperating things for the average person. Unless whoever comes into offices keeps it. Of course the corporation taxes don't expire they were made permanent by Trump.

I've just seen reference to an estimate of there being around 500m empty apartments in China.

For reference, there are 26.4m dwellings in England and Wales.

I'm trying to get more data but Chinese statistics are notoriously unreliable.

If this is true, it's an economic apocalypse and not just for China. This is Krakatoa.

I've just seen reference to an estimate of there being around 500m empty apartments in China.

For reference, there are 26.4m dwellings in England and Wales.

I'm trying to get more data but Chinese statistics are notoriously unreliable.

If this is true, it's an economic apocalypse and not just for China. This is Krakatoa.
Your post made me think of Jack Ma because all I could think of is there will be a few real estate CEO going on sabbatical.

Anyway Jack Ma disappeared in 2021 and reappeared back in March. He is a teacher now, no more tech CEO stuff. Wonder if any of these lads will be so lucky.

Your post made me think of Jack Ma because all I could think of is there will be a few real estate CEO going on sabbatical.

Anyway Jack Ma disappeared in 2021 and reappeared back in March. He is a teacher now, no more tech CEO stuff. Wonder if any of these lads will be so lucky.

The founder of Evergrande has been put 'under police control'.

He may face the death penalty.

It seems that Xi is looking for a scape goat for the impending collapse.

I see Argentina is going to get rid of income tax. It's a desperate attempt by the Minister of Finance to win reelection at any cost.

This is going to make Argentina's problems worse but as long as the politicians win reelection, eh?

Interestingly, I would do away with income tax too but I'd replace it with wealth and consumption based taxes. I'd also do away with inheritance tax (although people inheriting lots of money would still be paying the wealth tax).

I see Argentina is going to get rid of income tax. It's a desperate attempt by the Minister of Finance to win reelection at any cost.

This is going to make Argentina's problems worse but as long as the politicians win reelection, eh?

Interestingly, I would do away with income tax too but I'd replace it with wealth and consumption based taxes. I'd also do away with inheritance tax (although people inheriting lots of money would still be paying the wealth tax).
Yes you could argue that pivoting to more progressive, rather than regressive taxation, is worth the experiment. So largely abolish income tax but instead implement things like wealth and land value taxation instead.

Yes you could argue that pivoting to more progressive, rather than regressive taxation, is worth the experiment. So largely abolish income tax but instead implement things like wealth and land value taxation instead.
How to lose an election in one simple statement. Wealth and land tax

How to lose an election in one simple statement. Wealth and land tax

I'm not sure that's right. You would definitely win over the middle class since they would pay less tax. The idea of sticking it to the rich might appeal to the working class too.

Pensioners would hate it but the lack of inheritance tax might appeal to them.

It might be difficult to fund the election campaign though.

I'm not sure that's right. You would definitely win over the middle class since they would pay less tax. The idea of sticking it to the rich might appeal to the working class too.

Pensioners would hate it but the lack of inheritance tax might appeal to them.

It might be difficult to fund the election campaign though.
Why would pensioners hate it?. Strange comment.

When you say consumption do you mean sales tax? I wouldnt do a sales tax as poor folks would be paying a disproportionate amount vs. wealthy folks. I agree with wealth taxes, I wouldnt have a home or property tax on the first house but I would for 2nd, 3rd and so on.

Vacancy tax would be another but it would need to be somewhat smart. Like if you've 20 units in an area where rent prices are consistently increasing I'd increase your taxes on those units.

I think we could solve a lot by eating the rich and thinking outside the box. Miniumum wage? No maximum wage!

The most interesting one I saw is that the idea that you'd be taxed on paper gains already exists for ordinary folks. You're taxed on the paper gain of your home. You have no intention to sell? Doesnt matter give me that property tax money. Maybe we shouldnt do that, maybe you stock market paper gains should be taxed instead.

A very revealing article about the cover up, alleged, of the cost of HS2 is printed in today’s Sunday Times. Costs were covered up, whistle blowers were sacked and a virtual conspiracy to defraud the public was committed.
Quote from the byline of the article.
”Why did the costs of the rail line spiral out of control?
Bosses are accused of burying dissenting reports, sacking whistleblowers and using misleading calculations to ensure taxpayers’ cash kept coming. The result, say critics was a ‘fraud against the British people’.

A very revealing article about the cover up, alleged, of the cost of HS2 is printed in today’s Sunday Times. Costs were covered up, whistle blowers were sacked and a virtual conspiracy to defraud the public was committed.
Bosses are accused of burying dissenting reports, sacking whistleblowers and using misleading calculations to ensure taxpayers’ cash kept coming. The result, say critics was a ‘fraud against the British people’.

Someone has to go to prison for this and it has to be someone big, not just a middle manager.

Friends of ours were compulsory purchased in Staffordshire. Family had lived there for almost a hundred years. They moved down here to Cornwall, but couldn't take to the way of life down here and moved up to Leicestershire to be by family. Went past the house the other day and just the foundations are left. Now it's cancelled, what was it all for?.

I know this isnt the whole story or the focus but Governments need construction directors or project managers. Costs spiral out of control because the people who are ultimately responsible on the Government side are clueless. Additionally there are services like Integrity Monitoring that should be mandatory for Government projects.

We have the National Childrens Hospital scandal in Ireland and 80% of the problem is the Minister for Health is the client for the project. There was no one below him given responsibility to manage the job. Its so easy for contractors and consultants to lie to clients who don't what they're doing.

Its easy to swindle public money because there is a no protective line of people missing between the dopey ***** at the top and the corporations just doing what they do. The margins for construction companies are fine and cost managements companies won't push the contractor hard unless the client pushes the consultants hard.