The Business/Finance/Economics Thread | Page 60 | Vital Football

The Business/Finance/Economics Thread

I had a quick look into shorting Truth Social.

It turns out it's the most shorted SPAC in history. It's a bullshit business that can't sustain itself and is going to 0 as soon as Trump gets his money out.

The Trump supporters know this and are trying to put a short squeeze on just like GameStop. It's not clear yet if they will be successful but they might.

I haven't discovered an easy way to short it yet but it's definitely something to short when the hype dies down.

It turns out it's the most shorted SPAC in history. It's a bullshit business that can't sustain itself and is going to 0 as soon as Trump gets his money out.

The Trump supporters know this and are trying to put a short squeeze on just like GameStop. It's not clear yet if they will be successful but they might.

I haven't discovered an easy way to short it yet but it's definitely something to short when the hype dies down.
His money is tied up in it for 6 months I think? I suppose he can get out of it and back on twitter just in time for November!

Also speaking of Gamestop they are profitable!

I see Thames Water looking too increase prices 40% to cover their bad business practices, and ministers demanding no tax payer bail out. Looks like customers pay again. If they get away with this they will all be in for the same.

His money is tied up in it for 6 months I think? I suppose he can get out of it and back on twitter just in time for November!

Also speaking of Gamestop they are profitable!

Yes, 6 months. By the end of September it will tank.

How is GameStop profitable?

It looks like Trump Media's bull run is already over. It's down around 8% today. Much like the man himself, I can't keep up with how quickly things happen to that stock.

Re nationalise them now and start again. Shares go up and down, it's national security, suck it up and bonuses are over.
Only trouble with nationalising stuff is it sends a bad message to investors in other areas that we are not trustworthy.
Plus in the case of water I'd like to see the cost to get the whole sorry mess cleaned up.

Only trouble with nationalising stuff is it sends a bad message to investors in other areas that we are not trustworthy.
Plus in the case of water I'd like to see the cost to get the whole sorry mess cleaned up.

Disagree, not on national security and it's why only one self serving greengrocer with a complex looking for future self wealth did it.

We pump enough into domestic and foreign companies as it is, I don't believe in shares and the stock market - it's a fantasy that eclipses religion. Fuck em on what matters.

Crack on in other areas where it is supply and demand and choice. But not the basics foe everyone. If they throw their toys, I'd tax them more.....They aren't investors, they are *****, if they lose money (given they short others) cry me a river.

If investment companies want to moan 'what about pensions' my answer is, justify your cut by doing your job and investing better you lazy overpaid bunch of fucktards.

A country should not live based on a lazy not getting laid gobshite and whether they feel 'confident'. TrussTwang lost us 65 billion from memory - it probably would've upset those who shorted Sterling and Rees-Mogg, but we should've introduced a 90% tax to get it back and if they don't like it - fuck off then, others would pick up under better regulation.

As much as they are maligned, I know what the financial sector gives to the Treasury, but when they act like children - you slap the gobby shite until they learn.

Companies invest because of incentives and their own profit - no company is going to give a twat if we nationalise security and then burn Thatcher's grave.

I'm amazed by that. Are people buying physical video games again?

Not games per se, but my two are bored of 'streaming' and not owing, and companies not giving access back to what has been purchased when their systems fail and so on etc etc.

They are buying vinyl, dvd's, cd's and cassette, just so they physically own them and no one can take them away.

Not like I've said for 15 years, but I'm a dad, I know nothing and I'm stupid.

Not games per se, but my two are bored of 'streaming' and not owing, and companies not giving access back to what has been purchased when their systems fail and so on etc etc.

They are buying vinyl, dvd's, cd's and cassette, just so they physically own them and no one can take them away.

Not like I've said for 15 years, but I'm a dad, I know nothing and I'm stupid.

That's an interesting trend.

Disagree, not on national security and it's why only one self serving greengrocer with a complex looking for future self wealth did it.

We pump enough into domestic and foreign companies as it is, I don't believe in shares and the stock market - it's a fantasy that eclipses religion. Fuck em on what matters.

Crack on in other areas where it is supply and demand and choice. But not the basics foe everyone. If they throw their toys, I'd tax them more.....They aren't investors, they are *****, if they lose money (given they short others) cry me a river.

If investment companies want to moan 'what about pensions' my answer is, justify your cut by doing your job and investing better you lazy overpaid bunch of fucktards.

A country should not live based on a lazy not getting laid gobshite and whether they feel 'confident'. TrussTwang lost us 65 billion from memory - it probably would've upset those who shorted Sterling and Rees-Mogg, but we should've introduced a 90% tax to get it back and if they don't like it - fuck off then, others would pick up under better regulation.

As much as they are maligned, I know what the financial sector gives to the Treasury, but when they act like children - you slap the gobby shite until they learn.

Companies invest because of incentives and their own profit - no company is going to give a twat if we nationalise security and then burn Thatcher's grave.
You sound like a latter day Marxist in that rant Mike. You can't say fuck the stock market, it's the way the western world works. Corbyn had a manifesto that read like the above and was soundly beaten when he put it to the electorate. As for the self serving green grocer, yes, but I also think the fact that she looked at the water industry with its antiquated crumbling system and infrastructure and could see the bill coming down the line for government to pay too put it right. The cost of HS2 would be dwarfed by sorting out Englands water issues, and I don't think Labour will want too take it on either.

I'm amazed by that. Are people buying physical video games again?
More people are going back to physical media because companies will block access or take down your games/movies.

HBO took Westworld off its stream platform. I can't buy Pro Evo 2021 on Playstation network anymore and lots of games are the same. So the only way you can guarantee you own something is to have a physical copy now.

It's still a very small movement, I think its just hardcore gamers and then older (30s+) people like myself who grew up with that and want to play older games every now and then.

Last edited:
You sound like a latter day Marxist in that rant Mike. You can't say fuck the stock market, it's the way the western world works. Corbyn had a manifesto that read like the above and was soundly beaten when he put it to the electorate. As for the self serving green grocer, yes, but I also think the fact that she looked at the water industry with its antiquated crumbling system and infrastructure and could see the bill coming down the line for government to pay too put it right. The cost of HS2 would be dwarfed by sorting out Englands water issues, and I don't think Labour will want too take it on either.

I have my tendencies lol I see a world where the Market is not involved in pure utilities, and still get rich on consumables. Corbyn wanted to go far further, and he went way past what I thought was right with nationalisation.

Yes, water in particular would cost a huge sum but it would be a decades long plan, but it wouldn't cost us anymore as those twats aren't investing anyway they are just taking money out for their own returns.

Linked?? or just the logical outcome?

Shares of Trump Media & Technology Group fell nearly 18% on Monday as the parent of Truth Social platform raised going-concern doubts due to struggles to meet its financial liabilities just days after going public through a blank-check merger.

My only real surprise was that it has started crumbling this quickly, I thought it might last a month or two before things went tits up lol