The Business/Finance/Economics Thread | Page 56 | Vital Football

The Business/Finance/Economics Thread

Bumped into someone who works for the Federal Government today, during conversation I mentioned Credit Suisse.

His face contorted in what looked to be pain and couldn't speak just nodded. Finished the conversation shortly after by telling me "Good Luck" in English.

Don't think it's going well in Bern based on that.

This is a good piece by the BBC, it's to blow their own horn so less biased in other ways. It is a shame the response from Etsy seems to be corporate BS.

Enjoyed it as true story of the corruption of capitalism, by those who control it. Even named one of the biggest as an owner of Etsy, and how the market is rigged thru After Hours Trading. All of this has the blessing of the Regulators, yet the below still smells of extortion to me.

One seller who was offered the loan told the BBC she was struggling due to her money being held in reserve "without explanation" and was "offended" that the same company was offering her a loan to build up her company.

Bumped into someone who works for the Federal Government today, during conversation I mentioned Credit Suisse.

His face contorted in what looked to be pain and couldn't speak just nodded. Finished the conversation shortly after by telling me "Good Luck" in English.

Don't think it's going well in Bern based on that.

ya and the yanks have been down graded, over spending and lots of the small banks going to the wall, if you dont look after the little ones, the rest can come tumbling down, lots of smoke screens over there at the minute,,,seanie

The downgrading of the yanks was very interesting, one of the reasons given was the increased political polarisation in the US. To then prove this point the left blamed the right for the downgrade and the right in turn blamed the left.

China are in bad shape aren’t they? Well known problems in the property sector, trade is slowing down but they are now experiencing deflation.

This will likely spiral and cause significant drags on growth. The government will attempt to stimulate its way out of it.

Another interesting metric is that China’s youth unemployment rate is at the highest on record. Lots of Chinese are going to university at home and abroad but graduating to a job market that isn’t providing higher skilled jobs. Again this is pointing to structural problems with the Chinese economy and raises serious questions about future growth.

China are in bad shape aren’t they? Well known problems in the property sector, trade is slowing down but they are now experiencing deflation.

This will likely spiral and cause significant drags on growth. The government will attempt to stimulate its way out of it.

Another interesting metric is that China’s youth unemployment rate is at the highest on record. Lots of Chinese are going to university at home and abroad but graduating to a job market that isn’t providing higher skilled jobs. Again this is pointing to structural problems with the Chinese economy and raises serious questions about future growth.

I think they are done. The bubble has burst and there is no way to reinflate it now.

I don't have much sympathy for them. They have made a lot of stupid decisions, primarily allowing themselves to be made the enemy of the US. All that wolf-warrior diplomacy was just pathetic. The belt and road was idiotic too.

I should add that their demographics are terrible. Some analysts believe that their population peaked in 2003. They are the fastest aging population on the planet (if you believe their official statistics) and they can't import labour (immigration) because nobody wants to live there.

This has caused their labour costs to shoot up. Coupled with their poor productivity, electricity shortages and legal instability, it's now cheaper to manufacture in North America.

We are likely to see China's population cut in half by 2050. That kind of depopulation is unprecedented. They are also incredibly unprepared to face it.

It's like watching the death of a star, horrific and scary but fascinating.

I should add that their demographics are terrible. Some analysts believe that their population peaked in 2003. They are the fastest aging population on the planet (if you believe their official statistics) and they can't import labour (immigration) because nobody wants to live there.

This has caused their labour costs to shoot up. Coupled with their poor productivity, electricity shortages and legal instability, it's now cheaper to manufacture in North America.

We are likely to see China's population cut in half by 2050. That kind of depopulation is unprecedented. They are also incredibly unprepared to face it.

It's like watching the death of a star, horrific and scary but fascinating.

Its almost unbelievable we cant figure out how to create a sustainable level of growth without the population increasing.

This guy needs chinning
Someone discovered that this is the guy who said Milennials can't buy homes because we eat avocado toast. Almost as bad a take as drinking a latte every day is making you poor. Granted with prices these days you wouldnt be long going broke.

Someone discovered that this is the guy who said Milennials can't buy homes because we eat avocado toast. Almost as bad a take as drinking a latte every day is making you poor. Granted with prices these days you wouldnt be long going broke.
Stupid cow down from London at the head of a queue in local shop made a very loud announcement that she didn't think she would survive the week because she was struggling to find decent Avocado. Fuck off back to London then love

Dear Bank,

Was X the reason you did something which would look really bad and we'd probably have to do something about?

Regards,
The FCA

No surprise the answer was it wasn't the “primary reason”. I personally Love how the headline advertises No Evidence, but yet the FCA say:

While no bank, building society or payment firm reported to us that they had closed accounts primarily due to someone’s political views, further work is needed for us to be sure,” FCA CEO Nikhil Rathi said.

Debanking, another word that didn't exist when I grew up.