The Nicolò Zaniolo Thread | Page 18 | Vital Football

The Nicolò Zaniolo Thread

Christ almighty.

He is NOT our player !!!. Its not about guilt, it is about being embroiled in a scandal and having our name dragged through the mud.

Now Brentford, Newcastle, even the Greenwood situation at Mabn U (who has never been found guilty of anything remember) - those clubs have no choice but to deal with all the shit - they own the player - WE DONT , we dont need to deal with the shit.

IN your book, no he isnt guilty, in that case lets go and get Greenwoid - unbelievable talent he is at what 22 ?.

Its not about guilt (which lets face it, he will be, rhe Italian equivelant of the HMIC d
ont just make these things up you know.)

Its about after a decade of having rotten apples from Stephen ireland to Ross McCormack going through the likes of Joleon Lescott killing our club

For some reason, fans dont seem to have learnt there lesson, and actually seem to want scandal in our club - and, as I keep pointing out - scandal by a bloke we dont
own !!!!

I really cant fathom Villa fans at all. Probably why i am falling out of football tbh. Sick of being stuck next to 25yr old idiots who only seem to care about getting smacked up on coke and fighting.

Tonali is likely to get a one year ban for admitting his transgressions, apparently he would have been looking at a 3 year ban if he hadn’t, and had been subsequently found guilty.
He’s surely then done the right thing in owning up to it, because a 3 year ban would probably of ended his career.
On that basis then if Zaniolo has done what he’s been accused of doing, he would be a fool not to do the same wouldn’t he ?

Christ almighty.

He is NOT our player !!!. Its not about guilt, it is about being embroiled in a scandal and having our name dragged through the mud.

Now Brentford, Newcastle, even the Greenwood situation at Mabn U (who has never been found guilty of anything remember) - those clubs have no choice but to deal with all the shit - they own the player - WE DONT , we dont need to deal with the shit.

IN your book, no he isnt guilty, in that case lets go and get Greenwoid - unbelievable talent he is at what 22 ?.

Its not about guilt (which lets face it, he will be, rhe Italian equivelant of the HMIC d
ont just make these things up you know.)

Its about after a decade of having rotten apples from Stephen ireland to Ross McCormack going through the likes of Joleon Lescott killing our club

For some reason, fans dont seem to have learnt there lesson, and actually seem to want scandal in our club - and, as I keep pointing out - scandal by a bloke we dont
own !!!!

I really cant fathom Villa fans at all. Probably why i am falling out of football tbh. Sick of being stuck next to 25yr old idiots who only seem to care about getting smacked up on coke and fighting.

Mason Greenwood beat up his girlfriend. Probably more than once.

Zaniolo may or may not have bet on football. He doesn't seem to think he did.

It's not the same thing.

Tonali is likely to get a one year ban for admitting his transgressions, apparently he would have been looking at a 3 year ban if he hadn’t, and had been subsequently found guilty.
He’s surely then done the right thing in owning up to it, because a 3 year ban would probably of ended his career.
On that basis then if Zaniolo has done what he’s been accused of doing, he would be a fool not to do the same wouldn’t he ?
yep can't help but wonder if he's a bit thick/badly advised for not gaming the system and going for the reduced sentence.
Of course it could be true that he just happened to play a bit of blackjack on illegal sites as opposed to his mates who were betting. Can't imagine it's hugely difficult to find out either way.

Mason Greenwood beat up his girlfriend. Probably more than once.

Zaniolo may or may not have bet on football. He doesn't seem to think he did.

It's not the same thing.
Did he

I thought you lot are trying to justify Zaniolo by saying he hasnt been found guilty, well nor was Greenwood.

So, stop the hypocrosy - as I keep saying, it is not about guilt, it iz about Aston Villa becoming invlved in a scandal we do not need to. I don't need a judge to tell me that we shoulx never touch a player like Greenwood, and I don't need a judge to tell me we don't need an influence like Zaniolo.

The best of it is , whether this happened or not, the guy has been crap and if this thing about 30 appearences triggering a transfer was correct, i would have said get rid anyway.

With tjis , it aint even a conversation

Did he

I thought you lot are trying to justify Zaniolo by saying he hasnt been found guilty, well nor was Greenwood.

So, stop the hypocrosy - as I keep saying, it is not about guilt, it iz about Aston Villa becoming invlved in a scandal we do not need to. I don't need a judge to tell me that we shoulx never touch a player like Greenwood, and I don't need a judge to tell me we don't need an influence like Zaniolo.

The best of it is , whether this happened or not, the guy has been crap and if this thing about 30 appearences triggering a transfer was correct, i would have said get rid anyway.

There is credible audio and video of Greenwood likely abusing and likely attempting to rape his girlfriend. There is a statement saying Zaniolo is under investigation for betting.

One is seemingly hard evidence for a serious violent crime, the other is a statement saying someone is being investigated by placing bets on the wrong website.

Not all things are the same.

I really cant believe Villa fans are so blase about all this.

It is 100% matter of fact, Unai Emery is doing a remarkable job at the Villa, and putting us back on the map.

However, it is also very worrying, even alarming, what is going on off the pitch. When people like Jonathan Fear stop inputting due to the issues - it says everything.

Now, we have just let go, to one of our rivals, our sporting director, who has overseen a complete transformation from 16th in the Championship to European football, very quietly, going about his business, no fanfares, just doing his job right.

We have replaced him with 'Monchi' a guy who everyone thinks the sun shines out of his backside as he is known by a nickname. A guy who seems to revel in hus reputation and likes the limelight a bit. Can you name Getafes, or Valencias sporting director, no, as, like Lange, they generally are not seen

Now, lets go back a few years, One of Monchis purchases at Roma was a certain Nicoli Zaniolo. Roma fans hated Zaniolo, booed him, harrassed him outside his house etc.. so much so, he had to leave to get away from it.

Monchi was susequently sacked by Roma as they was not happy with him, and he wasnt doing his job. Shortly after, Zaniolo joins Galatasary as he justs needs to get out of Rome, and Roma just want him out.

Now, some would say Monchi may have looked at that and thought ' mistake made,learn, it won't happen again'.

But no, he joins the Villa and guess what, he brings in Zaniolo, luckily on loan but with an option / compulsary purchase depending what you read, and guess what, within 6 weeks Zaniolo is at the centre of this storm.

What is that expression - fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Monchi needs hauling over the coals on this one as well as the player. His role is to do due diligence, look at players and families charector / background, will his carector gel with the squad etc... - that is his job.

He clearly hasnt done it - TWICE. It is not a good start for a guy who needs to prove Roma were wrong about him

And that worries me !.
Mate are you ok?

Did he

I don't think anyone has tried to justify Zaniolo because no one (including you) have any clue about whether he has been betting or not.

People are merely pointing this out and are waiting on the outcome of any investigation until passing opinion / judgement.

I appreciate you may have inside information that has made you make your mind up so unequivocally , but us mere mortals don't.

Did he

I can literally see the vein in your forehead pulsing. Calm down, you'll give yourself a heart attack.

Down with this sort of thing
Now, now Dougal!

I can see holtloweir’s point but I agree that we should wait and see the outcome of any inquest.
I would hope that this is sorted well before the January window. We need certainty in our transfer needs.

So if he is found guilty he won't play for villa again and we have spunked a £3m loan fee? Found not guilty which is looking the case he will have to shoot his lights out to earn a Villa contract and deal. Could be massively to our benefit and tbf the lad looks decent - of course it will take a few months after his long injury lay off.

Now, lets go back a few years, One of Monchis purchases at Roma was a certain Nicoli Zaniolo. Roma fans hated Zaniolo, booed him, harrassed him outside his house etc.. so much so, he had to leave to get away from it.

Roma fans actually loved him before he had two ACLs, and then he struggled to get back to form.

After he was booed off in a game he handed in a transfer request which angered the fans (as well as him previously asking for a better contract) and led to them harassing him. That's called context.

And for what it's worth, the Galatasary fans also loved him, despite the fact he was only there for 6 months.

Ypu have just replied to your own comment.

If he is lived so much at Galatasary, why are they so willing for him to leave after 6 months for not a lot.

if you find an answer thatdoesnt look a bit odd - please share it