Are we heading for a league two tour | Page 3 | Vital Football

Are we heading for a league two tour

Magennis put in a strange performance on Tuesday.
He appears to be what might be termed as blocking.
In almost the right place.
Not quite close enough to challenge effectively.
Not quite jumping high enough.

But what do I know.

Magennis put in a strange performance on Tuesday.
He appears to be what might be termed as blocking.
In almost the right place.
Not quite close enough to challenge effectively.
Not quite jumping high enough.

But what do I know.

That's what he's like most games unfortunately. Looking at him physically you'd think he'd be a beast bullying centre backs a bit like Bishop did to use for Pompey. But he is out jumped and out muscled nearly every time as if he was half his height and weight. For a guy of his build he so often looks surprisingly lightweight.

Last edited:
The point is, once again we are trying to convert a players game by making Magennis a target man, which is not his natural game. He likes to have the ball played in front of him to run on to and not have his back constantly to goal.

It is no wonder we have become a strikers graveyard over the years as, apart from Will Grigg, we have rarely played to the strengths of the players we have brought in, rather we have tried to shoehorn them into playing a system that is unnatural to them.

Doesn’t take long for some to go from “I’m grateful to have a club to support” to “I won’t go again until the manager is sacked”.
now i see that some have liked this post but let me put it another wey.

Im grateful to still have a club ect ect. but i dont want to have to go through all that shite we all went through. twice. after a grate mon takes us over, only to lose it agen. sounds dramatic but without wins we go down. owner mite have second thoughts. we go up for sale agen. get asset striped ect ect.

therell be no coming back from another situateon like what weve been trough.

having sed all that we can all moan - and some just live in happy clappy lala land. for me sean is doing a good job but unles he picks his feet up then the busines part of the deel says he has got to go. just the same as all other manegers.

we ll be reet.

now i see that some have liked this post but let me put it another wey.

Im grateful to still have a club ect ect. but i dont want to have to go through all that shite we all went through. twice. after a grate mon takes us over, only to lose it agen. sounds dramatic but without wins we go down. owner mite have second thoughts. we go up for sale agen. get asset striped ect ect.

therell be no coming back from another situateon like what weve been trough.

having sed all that we can all moan - and some just live in happy clappy lala land. for me sean is doing a good job but unles he picks his feet up then the busines part of the deel says he has got to go. just the same as all other manegers.

we ll be reet.
So “fans” deciding not to attend games until the manager is sacked is going to change the situation we’re in at moment? And what makes you think we’re in any kind of danger of going the same as we have under the last two owners, even if we are relegated.

So “fans” deciding not to attend games until the manager is sacked is going to change the situation we’re in at moment? And what makes you think we’re in any kind of danger of going the same as we have under the last two owners, even if we are relegated.
1000 or twenty thousand things won't change
We are in a bad way
Some might think differently but I think maloney and I like the guy but wish now he had never put his hat in the ring for this job
Too nice of a bloke and too well respected but his going to be flushed down the loo I'm a fraid