Summer Transfer Thread | Page 69 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread

The midfielders we’ve brought in all seem to be a bit more versatile than Power and Naylor who I thought sat far too deep. Smith, Balagizi and Shaw have played as holding midfielders and further forward. I’d hope they get up and down the pitch a bit more, help us retain possession and add goal scoring contributions. For too long our only real threat has come from set pieces and simply getting it wide and hoping someone gets on the end of a cross.

Realistically, can the midfielders we have brought in be any less productive than the likes of Power, Naylor, Cousins, Edwards, Scully and Shinnie?

They would all be either too expensive, too old, too injury prone or not good enough.
I for one am looking forward to a fresh new look with eager younger players being given a chance.
Out of all the players that have left, Will Keane is the only one I will miss.
Your right. Time to move one from Power and Naylor but both won winners medals. Let’s hope the replacements can

Power and Naylor were very good at league one level
I think they were good at what they were being asked to do, both struggled to keep possession and offered little going forward. Richardson knew their limitations, we were pretty direct and scored loads from set pieces. Even though we won the title the football wasn’t great and once we stepped up a level we were soon found out. I think Maloney is looking to play a different way and has signed players to suit his style. Hopefully it’ll be better to watch.

Let's not forget that he only signed a new contract in February so despite all the shit with late payments up until then he must have been fairly settled here.

I think he was settled but ultimately if he gets a better offer he'll still hand in his notice unfortunately.

I have a bad feeling Watts was signed and is being held off announced until Whatmough leaves. To try and soften the blow.

The midfielders we’ve brought in all seem to be a bit more versatile than Power and Naylor who I thought sat far too deep. Smith, Balagizi and Shaw have played as holding midfielders and further forward. I’d hope they get up and down the pitch a bit more, help us retain possession and add goal scoring contributions. For too long our only real threat has come from set pieces and simply getting it wide and hoping someone gets on the end of a cross.
Defensive midfielders do sit deep to be fair.

I think they were good at what they were being asked to do, both struggled to keep possession and offered little going forward. Richardson knew their limitations, we were pretty direct and scored loads from set pieces. Even though we won the title the football wasn’t great and once we stepped up a level we were soon found out. I think Maloney is looking to play a different way and has signed players to suit his style. Hopefully it’ll be better to watch.
Well based on today's friendly, I'm really looking forward to seeing some good football this season.

Well based on today's friendly, I'm really looking forward to seeing some good football this season.
Only saw the first half on a dodgy stream, but looked like we know what we're doing (or want to do) with the ball. Made me realise just how much I'd missed watching football. Been a looooooong ten weeks.

Think if Amos thinks he not going to be no 1. He could hand his notice in. Not sure about whatmough. Think Shaun. Also thinks he could go and. that’s the reason he’s not captain. As he would be much better than McLean. Any one see Watts today.