Summer Transfer Thread | Page 60 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread

To be fair they may have all handed in notice or threatened to if they weren't allowed to leave. Club isn't going to admit it even if they did.

Hughes and Stones both had years left on their deals and got new contracts so they may have done the same to prompt the club into offering an improved deal.
I think Stones signed on a two year deal

With respect to everyone who gives their opinions on this forum, none of us fans has any idea what went on behind the scenes during both the Chinese and the Bahranian occupation at the DW.
However we should a recognise that the players and staff are human beings with feelings and frailties like the rest of us.
Tha vast majority stayed until the bitter end, and now that our future is secured under the stewardship of Mr Danson, if some want to move to a fresh challenge we should wish them and their families good luck.
In this instance Will Keane gave us everything he could as a player, was always available when fit. We as fans don't have any knowledge how much all of this has affected Will himself or his family, nor in fact should we. I thank Will, and all the other players who have moved on, I also thank the ones who have stayed and welcome our new players.

With respect to everyone who gives their opinions on this forum, none of us fans has any idea what went on behind the scenes during both the Chinese and the Bahranian occupation at the DW.
However we should a recognise that the players and staff are human beings with feelings and frailties like the rest of us.
Tha vast majority stayed until the bitter end, and now that our future is secured under the stewardship of Mr Danson, if some want to move to a fresh challenge we should wish them and their families good luck.
In this instance Will Keane gave us everything he could as a player, was always available when fit. We as fans don't have any knowledge how much all of this has affected Will himself or his family, nor in fact should we. I thank Will, and all the other players who have moved on, I also thank the ones who have stayed and welcome our new players.
Well said marrer

We don't know anything do we Marrer. Our latest takeover would have been on going for months before it actually happened.

Any rumours around regarding a horrible shithouse of a CM in the Morsy mold? If we don't get one of those in then we'll struggle badly. Last time we had Power, Naylor, Cousins, Thelo all in that position. Now, only one of those remains.
We've scott smith in that sort of role by the look of it.

We've scott smith in that sort of role by the look of it.
Not a chance a kid who struggled to get a game for a basement National League side last season starts for us in L1. That position and role calls for experience, street smarts, physicality, leadership and proper shithousery.

Not a chance a kid who struggled to get a game for a basement National League side last season starts for us in L1. That position and role calls for experience, street smarts, physicality, leadership and proper shithousery.
Only because they had too many loan players and injuries in other positions meant they had to play.

U21 player Dylan Dwyer just signed a 1 year contract.

Ethan Mitchell had already had a 1 year contract extension triggered this summer but has just signed a new deal to add another year. So either the vultures were circling with the contract issue or he made a big impression to get an extra year.

Anyone we think has a strong future here will probably need to be given a new contract if we want to ensure this contract tear up doesn't become a factor down the line. As i imagine the right to hand in your notice after a previous breach of contract isn't something that disappears and remains an ongoing possibility.

U21 player Dylan Dwyer just signed a 1 year contract.

Ethan Mitchell had already had a 1 year contract extension triggered this summer but has just signed a new deal to add another year. So either the vultures were circling with the contract issue or he made a big impression to get an extra year.

Anyone we think has a strong future here will probably need to be given a new contract if we want to ensure this contract tear up doesn't become a factor down the line. As i imagine the right to hand in your notice after a previous breach of contract isn't something that disappears and remains an ongoing possibility.

The legislation from FIFA that concerns the ability to unilaterally cancel the contracts is extremely loose and difficult to interpret which I fear is leading to the indecision around its use.

14bis Terminating a contract with just cause for outstanding salaries

1.In the case of a club unlawfully failing to pay a player at least two monthly salaries on their due dates, the player will be deemed to have a just cause to terminate his contract, provided that he has put the debtor club in default in writing and has granted a deadline of at least 15 days for the debtor club to fully comply with its financial obligation(s). Alternative provisions in contracts existing at the time of this provision coming into force may be considered.

2.For any salaries of a player which are not due on a monthly basis, the pro-rata value corresponding to two months shall be considered. Delayed payment of an amount which is equal to at least two months shall also be deemed a just cause for the player to terminate his contract, subject to him complying with the notice of termination as per paragraph 1 above.

3.Collective bargaining agreements validly negotiated by employers’ and employees’ representatives at domestic level in accordance with national law may deviate from the principles stipulated in paragraphs 1 and 2 above.The terms of such an agreement shall prevail.

It would appear that the use of the regulations can only be exercised outside of the season and therefore will become invalid when we play Derby in the opening game.

16 Restriction on terminating a contract during the season

A contract cannot be unilaterally terminated during the course of a season.

Until then I suppose that any player wanting to use the get out can simply initiate the 15 day notice. Although I still believe that the club could mount a challenge given that all salaries were eventually paid and that a new owner had taken over.

Any rumours around regarding a horrible shithouse of a CM in the Morsy mold? If we don't get one of those in then we'll struggle badly. Last time we had Power, Naylor, Cousins, Thelo all in that position. Now, only one of those remains.
I am not questioning whether we need one or not C_Latic, but none of those you mentioned was or is, or ever will be a 'horrible shithouse of a CM in the Morsy mould'.
Cousins probably could have been, he was certainly slow enough to match Sami, but he always got injured just thinking about putting a tackle in.
Max had more chance of tackling someone with one of his dart like long???? throw ins.
I don't think I ever saw Tom Naylor attempt a tackle, in fact, he never really seemed to do much.
And lastly, Thelo is Thelo, he doesn't need to tackle, he is Thelo simple as that.

The legislation from FIFA that concerns the ability to unilaterally cancel the contracts is extremely loose and difficult to interpret which I fear is leading to the indecision around its use.

14bis Terminating a contract with just cause for outstanding salaries

1.In the case of a club unlawfully failing to pay a player at least two monthly salaries on their due dates, the player will be deemed to have a just cause to terminate his contract, provided that he has put the debtor club in default in writing and has granted a deadline of at least 15 days for the debtor club to fully comply with its financial obligation(s). Alternative provisions in contracts existing at the time of this provision coming into force may be considered.

2.For any salaries of a player which are not due on a monthly basis, the pro-rata value corresponding to two months shall be considered. Delayed payment of an amount which is equal to at least two months shall also be deemed a just cause for the player to terminate his contract, subject to him complying with the notice of termination as per paragraph 1 above.

3.Collective bargaining agreements validly negotiated by employers’ and employees’ representatives at domestic level in accordance with national law may deviate from the principles stipulated in paragraphs 1 and 2 above.The terms of such an agreement shall prevail.

It would appear that the use of the regulations can only be exercised outside of the season and therefore will become invalid when we play Derby in the opening game.

16 Restriction on terminating a contract during the season

A contract cannot be unilaterally terminated during the course of a season.

Until then I suppose that any player wanting to use the get out can simply initiate the 15 day notice. Although I still believe that the club could mount a challenge given that all salaries were eventually paid and that a new owner had taken over.
It is badly written, but to me looks like they wanted a way for a player to terminate their contract once a club has 2 months of wages outstanding and they've provided the club with a default notice and 15 days notice.

Basically stops a club not paying month 1, paying month 2, not paying month 3 etc.

I am not questioning whether we need one or not C_Latic, but none of those you mentioned was or is, or ever will be a 'horrible shithouse of a CM in the Morsy mould'.
Cousins probably could have been, he was certainly slow enough to match Sami, but he always got injured just thinking about putting a tackle in.
Max had more chance of tackling someone with one of his dart like long???? throw ins.
I don't think I ever saw Tom Naylor attempt a tackle, in fact, he never really seemed to do much.
And lastly, Thelo is Thelo, he doesn't need to tackle, he is Thelo simple as that.
Now a Darren Sheridan, Michael Brown, Neil Rimmer, Lee Cattermole, Graham Kavanagh type player yes please.