Managerial merry go round | Page 113 | Vital Football

Managerial merry go round

'Mutual consent' suggests he hasn't resigned to take up another job, and does not suggest he has been poached by another club, as compensation would obviously be payable. Strange.

Couple of odd decisions today. The Bournemouth one was clearly done behind O'Neil's back and been in place for some time. I wonder if the Darren Moore one might be over a differing view of a budget for the summer.

Could also be something to do with the vile racist abuse he suffered at the hands of his own fans. Especially, when it looked at one stage as if they wouldn't finish in the play-offs.

Mental decision though.

Both really poor decisions 😕 -O'Neil kept Bournemouth in the Premier League and Moore got Wednesday promoted - what chance recognising success and showing some loyalty - not terribly evident in football today

Darren Moore - damned if he did, damned if he didn't. Whoever takes on big club Wednesday had better secure promotion via the play offs at the first attempt (as a bare minimum) or else.

Unless Darren Moore is heading somewhere else ((Leeds?)
Can‘t see Leeds fans accepting that, they would kick off big style. Even with promotion I’m not surprised Moore has left Wednesday, the surprising thing is he has lasted as long as he did. He never really won over the fans despite their long unbeaten run last year. He plays a pretty efficient dogmatic style of football even with Bannon in the team and certainly got a lot more grumble than praise (if you know you know)

He plays a pretty efficient dogmatic style of football even with Bannon in the team and certainly got a lot more grumble than praise (if you know you know)
I used to listen to it when I lived in Sheffield for years.

"It was never a penalty!"

"So, you were at the game, Brian?"

"No."

Can‘t see Leeds fans accepting that, they would kick off big style. Even with promotion I’m not surprised Moore has left Wednesday, the surprising thing is he has lasted as long as he did. He never really won over the fans despite their long unbeaten run last year. He plays a pretty efficient dogmatic style of football even with Bannon in the team and certainly got a lot more grumble than praise (if you know you know)
Who’s this Bannon bloke thought his name was BarryBannon. Sorry in-joke!

Former Southampton manager Rubén Sellés has agreed to take charge of Reading according to Daily Telegraph.