JANUARY SALES | Page 98 | Vital Football

JANUARY SALES

The way I see it though is that £350000 spent now that will increase our chancer of staying in the Championship must be a risk worth taking as the value of the club in league one would be much less. We MUST consolidate in the Championship this season, in my opinion and then move on. All owners sell football clubs eventually and for owners, surely selling a Champion ship club, to them, would be far more preferable and more profitable than selling a League One club.What do people say, speculate to accumulate?

What a daft response. We're a championship club trying to maintain our championship status. Accrington are literally a different league.
Hold on ... you just said a "football owner". You didn't mention a league ... you didn't even imply one.

Regardless, there's no such thing as a generic "football owner", and certainly no balance across their various fortunes, no matter which league they're in.

The assertion that £350k is peanuts (especially when as others have rightly pointed out, it isn't just the £350k) is just silly.

I'm quite thankful that the owner doesn't seem to be willing to chuck money about willy nilly ... especially when (according to some on this board) we're already relegated.

Zohore just left West Brom on a free, big target man, he's clearly got a move lined up to terminate his deal by mutal consent.

Wouldn't shock me if we looked at him maybe on a deal until end of the season. He was once a 8m player but seems to have totally lost his mojo since his big money move to WBA and needs a fresh start.

No! Absolutely not. please god no!

We could even spend £350 k. And turn out to be a good one and sell for a million. Now that’s how football works. Always as and always will do. You have to gamble. It’s called talent spotting.

So that’s 5 on loan now. Wonder who
we can ship,out today or even better can we sell one for £350 k.

We can have more on loan but wouldn't be able to use them all at once, so you could mix and match the 5 you use ever week or sit the 2 you didnt sign in the stand and get 2 in you want.

Obviously far from ideal but it is a possibility, although i doubt the owners would sanction signing new loans to pay existing ones to sit in the stand.

We could even spend £350 k. And turn out to be a good one and sell for a million. Now that’s how football works. Always as and always will do. You have to gamble. It’s called talent spotting.

That has to be the plan, but the issue is we spent cash on Humphrys, McGrath, Scully, Jones and it hasn't worked - so i get the impression the board feel their fingers were a bit burnt on speculating to accumulate.

Whole recruitment process needs looking at, but not sure they'll want to take many punts at the moment.

The way I see it though is that £350000 spent now that will increase our chancer of staying in the Championship must be a risk worth taking as the value of the club in league one would be much less. We MUST consolidate in the Championship this season, in my opinion and then move on. All owners sell football clubs eventually and for owners, surely selling a Champion ship club, to them, would be far more preferable and more profitable than selling a League One club.What do people say, speculate to accumulate?

It's 350k that could also not work out though and then it's either out of the owners pocket or onto the club in debt. You've got to be willing to speculate to accumulate but it's easy to say when it's not our personal money on the line.

That has to be the plan, but the issue is we spent cash on Humphrys, McGrath, Scully, Jones and it hasn't worked - so i get the impression the board feel their fingers were a bit burnt on speculating to accumulate.

Whole recruitment process needs looking at, but not sure they'll want to take many punts at the moment.
That’s how Brentford work. They don’t waste. money. On young kids. They pick cast offs from under 23 from the bigger clubs. Then sell on.

That’s how Brentford work. They don’t waste. money. On young kids. They pick cast offs from under 23 from the bigger clubs. Then sell on.

The thing is everyone wants to do that, but it's far easier to say it than it is to actually make it work. Recruitment can be very unpredictable unless you manage to get some exceptional talent spotters, and even they don't bat 100.

OK .. I get that ... but can I remind you of a couple of your previous (very recent) posts ...

... Who would come here for a fee and more than likely be playing league one football

When will fans realise we can’t compete at this level. ......

I really don't understand your posts at times ... I know that I get accused of sometimes sitting on the fence, but you seem to be commenting from both sides of it !

And that's exactly how we would have been working under Cooke ... but if it were easy, then every damn club in the country would be doing it. It's isn't summat you do overnight.

OK .. I get that ... but can I remind you of a couple of your previous (very recent) posts ...

I really don't understand your posts at times ... I know that I get accused of sometimes sitting on the fence, but you seem to be commenting from both sides of it !
Can’t compete if we don’t spend and I don’t think any one will come here. But no harm in offering. To try but we are not doing.

Here it is:

Man City will bid for £20m Fulham star Antonee Robinson as Pep Guardiola finds Joao Cancelo transfer replacement | The Sun

Article suggests they'll only be bidding in summer, which seems odd that they would wait. It could work in our favour if there's any other interested parties who come in now with Fulham knowing they can hang on and still get £20M in the summer

No point going over the same things. We all see things differently. But one thing for sure this season as been a disaster from start to finish. And the owners and Richardson to blame.