The January Transfer Window 2023 | Page 126 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Window 2023

I know maths isn't my strong point, but when was less than £5m 15m Euros?

I think you've misunderstood, Milan are trying to buy the player and have offered a fee of less than €5m (let's call it €5m), but according to a report on Sky Sports Italy, we've offered £15m allegedly.

Hence why the Italians replying to the post are screwing about the Premier League being shite.

Thanks for the b’day wishes. I meant it was on the 27th. I’m way past 27.

It made sense to my drunken mind

Back on topic: I was certain we’d be bringing players in, having let Ings go etc - but I’m starting to think others are right and Emery’s happy to play the longer game and just see us safe this season.

Im still holding out hope for Guendouzi though.

How long was Moreno rumoured before he came here. I know we keep our cards close to our chests on these things but I’m sure there were rumblings for a while there.

Back on topic: I was certain we’d be bringing players in, having let Ings go etc - but I’m starting to think others are right and Emery’s happy to play the longer game and just see us safe this season.

How long was Moreno rumoured before he came here. I know we keep our cards close to our chests on these things but I’m sure there were rumblings for a while there.
Yep - Guendouzi seems to be the next and only purchase - quality over quantity. Is Durán oven ready - well hopefully he will get some cameo appearances during the second half of the season. Looks like points on the board have meant Emery can take his time - not a bad thing especially with inflation on its way down

Indeed, I’m holding out hope too!

What will be will be though. Emery didn’t exactly do badly in that first season at Arsenal… while they had a sprinkling of top players they had a lot of under-par ones hanging around too and they finished 5th. I reckon we will be alright.

It's all gone rather quiet hasn't it?

Getting to the point now where anyone coming in will seem like a bit of a panic buy.
Agreed, 5 days to go, and same position we’ve been in many times before, selling players (Ings) before replacements are in, can’t help wonder who sanctions these deals, and once again we could be left red faced if Ollie gets an injury.

Agreed, 5 days to go, and same position we’ve been in many times before, selling players (Ings) before replacements are in, can’t help wonder who sanctions these deals, and once again we could be left red faced if Ollie gets an injury.
Difference is this season - we have points in the bag - no need to panic and also spend over the odds on a few and also wages - Ings was a decent buy but stupid fee and contract

same if Martinez gets injured , we are totally fucked.
Given the money that has been spent we have a painfully poor squad in terms of depth in quality

altho better still to not wait and to sign a kamara now and then sign another in the summer.

doesn't make a great deal of sense to waste one of the two opportunities to improve the squad tbh.

Better to wait till the summer and try to sign one Kamara than ten Tonev's and hope they come good.
We need more than one to be where we want to be but I get your point.
Under Gerrard I would have taken survival by goal difference. I don't mind waiting for the rest of the season to develop further.
We won't go down this year. Under Gerrard we were going down. 100%

altho better still to not wait and to sign a kamara now and then sign another in the summer.

doesn't make a great deal of sense to waste one of the two opportunities to improve the squad tbh.

Assuming a Kamara is available in January not sure those kind of deals are plentiful .
Or we could be in the process of signing now.

Assuming a Kamara is available in January not sure those kind of deals are plentiful .
Or we could be in the process of signing now.

not sure players are any more available if you wait til summer either tbh.
but yep hopefully something is in process and gets done before the window SLAMS