Where are we all based? n/g | Page 8 | Vital Football

Where are we all based? n/g

When you used to pop in there for a swift pint, did you walk up or down to it? Just enquiring for a friend, like........

(Ps, along is not an acceptable answer.)
May I point out that it is theoretically possible to walk up to the QH even though it is DOWN Maidstone Road, depending upon ones starting poiint.

May I point out that it is theoretically possible to walk up to the QH even though it is DOWN Maidstone Road, depending upon ones starting poiint.

But Grinny blues starting point was going to be the second question, once the general direction of travel had been proven.

Bloody teachers, they ruin everything.......

Gillingham!

Born London, bred Gillingham, with a brief stint back in London aged 18-20 and Bucks for work in the mid 2010’s.

Otherwise known as Se London Gill and Bucks Gill on Gills Connect and twitter respectively at different times.

The runway at Manston is long. Possibly the longest in the country.

This and it's location has long made me suspect that any development proposals thete would always be blocked because of its potential strategic importance in any future war.

Can't see there being a conflict in western europe Bud. These days most flash points are away from our shores: middle east, Ukraine and potentially south china sea.

Days of the UK strategic bomber long gone as well. Cruise missiles launched from above or below the waves is the way it is now days

QRA from Lossiemouth or Coningsby and I suspect increasingly from Finland and Sweden once they are confirmed in NATO. Manston is obsolete from a military persective (in my view).

No chance Russia is coming west, they will do well to find a way out of Ukraine. Not many thought countries could stand up to the "might" of Russia but Ukraine have (mainly down to modern NATO weapons systems) but it still takes a brave citizen to take up arms.

Freight hub sounds possible but i read you need 4 million passengers to make an airport profitable. I cant see that demand being there from kent. Everyone else will go to a london airport.

Keefy So close to being an Aussie around 56,parents decided 10 pound Pom was for us,Perth evidently,all going through then world fell apart,mum died suddenly.was 5/6 then,
Always wonder

Sorry to hear about your mum mate. Can’t begin to think what that would have been like.

Suppose if you’d gone to Oz at age 5, you wouldn’t be a Gills fan now, but supporting Perth Friggin Glory.

Born Rochester brought up in Gillingham. You can see the house from the back of the Town End other side of the old dockyard line. Only 40 odd mins away in East Kent since the mid eighties, moved for work

The runway at Manston is long. Possibly the longest in the country.

This and it's location has long made me suspect that any development proposals thete would always be blocked because of its potential strategic importance in any future war.
Machrihanish is longer 10,003 feet.

Born in Tunbridge Wells .................. lived 400 yards from the ground ............. used to climb over the fence at half time to collect cup from the crowd .............. [ there was 2d deposit in each one ] ..................... made a few bob, and then climbed over again to get out ............... one day [ 1953 ] decided to stay and watch the second half ................ hooked after that .................. lucky enough to have seen some great players from that era ................ was at Newport in 1963/4 to see us clinch the 4th Division championship ................... moved with work to Hampshire in 1989 ............. no only an occasional spectator at Priestfield .............. often go and watch Aldershot, just 12 miles from where I live.

Born in Tunbridge Wells .................. lived 400 yards from the ground ............. used to climb over the fence at half time to collect cup from the crowd .............. [ there was 2d deposit in each one ] ..................... made a few bob, and then climbed over again to get out ............... one day [ 1953 ] decided to stay and watch the second half ................ hooked after that .................. lucky enough to have seen some great players from that era ................ was at Newport in 1963/4 to see us clinch the 4th Division championship ................... moved with work to Hampshire in 1989 ............. no only an occasional spectator at Priestfield .............. often go and watch Aldershot, just 12 miles from where I live.

I was Born in TW & spent my school years there, lived opposite High Brooms railway stn & also lived on the Pantiles which was good in the summer and within stumbling distance of the Duke of York. Still go there from time to time as Sister and afew relatives there. Like you left well over 30yrs ago and much prefer it down on the South coast, we dont like to call it Hampshire in pompey even though it is as Hampshire dont want us. As a young bloke in Tunbridge Wells following the Gills was unheard of & most of them were Chelsea. Always felt if your from Kent you should follow the Gills myself although as a kid we'd go and watch Tonbridge alot.
One thing I like about here, Portsmouth people follow pompey and they'd never think of gong elsewhere. Wish some of them in Medway had that loyalty to their local side.

Gravesend lad currently residing in Instow, North Devon.
I’m hoping to hell that we get back to league one so I can watch live football within a few hours drive.
Out of interest, bring a fellow Gravesendian, how did you end up a Gills fan? My early years were spent seeing West Ham and The Fleet, but "supporting" Man Utd and Celtic. Then in 78 I went to my first Gills game, with a school friend, and that was that........

The level of support from Medway people is a disgrace, as evidenced by poor turnouts when we were in the Championship.

Hopefully effective marketing, sensible ticketing and success on the pitch will change that. Brad keeps talking of the importance of the community and I really think he will build connections with the people of Medway that the club has never even thought of before.

Out of interest, bring a fellow Gravesendian, how did you end up a Gills fan? My early years were spent seeing West Ham and The Fleet, but "supporting" Man Utd and Celtic. Then in 78 I went to my first Gills game, with a school friend, and that was that........
A mate of mine was on a YTS scholarship with Gills. (Remember those)
He got us some free tickets.
For some inexplicable reason, I got hooked.
I missed a few seasons when travelling around Europe and a few more because of playing but usually attended when I could.
After finishing playing, I became a St holder until I moved.
I went to the Fleet sometimes as well.
A lad from my school went on to manage them. Gary Aldous.
Good clubhouse as well.

It was at the end on the road when I lived on Woodside, if you reached the Spyglass and Maggots you had gone the wrong way!
Aah the Spyglass. Legendary Licensee who used to sleep downstairs on a chair and went loopy thinking he saw rabbits running around.

Fantastic bar billiards table where you couldn't miss as rhere was a groove to the pocket as the table was so ancient.

Circa 1978.