Pre Season & Friendlies Thread | Page 79 | Vital Football

Pre Season & Friendlies Thread

Ollie formed a great [partnership with YKW. Both did the right thing at the right time. Without that,, he still brings a lpt to the game, but not goals.

Did any of the Villareal players look to be worth a punt ?
Someone said we'd have won 3-0 if we'd had a striker so that doesn't sound as if they did?

Did any of the Villareal players look to be worth a punt ?
Someone said we'd have won 3-0 if we'd had a striker so that doesn't sound as if they did?
No, I kept asking my son who the number so and so was. Didn't see anything other than a neat tidy well-drilled team, in saying that I had no idea if that was their strongest team or even if they were trying

I am pleased that Emery hasn't just given our lot a few weeks off for the WC and has kept them focused and playing matches. Hopefully we will hit the ground running when we restart.

Let's hope Unai has seen enough of the players now to know who to play where, Friendly results have been disappointing, to say the least.
I'd have thought a few would have been busting a gut to impress him but apparently not. No goals in the last two friendlies and only one against the Chelsea youth team.
Normally it's all about fitness but with a new manager it's about learning his way of playing and his ways of playing is definitely not losing.

Disappointing we have lost the last 2 friendlies but on a positive note, I'm pleased Emery has seen the dross in the squad who simply are not players that can improve and need to be eventually removed to make way for better quality to move us forward.

I can't see Unai hanging around wanting to keep players that can't give him the improvement he and his reputation demand

Sadly, it's going to take time and a loss of money to move them on.

"Everton continued their preparations ahead of a return to Premier League football with a 2-0 victory over Aston Villa in a behind-closed-doors training match at Goodison Park on Wednesday.

"Anthony Gordon and Neal Maupay struck early to give the Toffees a two-goal lead inside 15 minutes, which they would hold on to thanks to a string of saves from Jordan Pickford. The 28-year-old returned to domestic action following his everpresent part in England's run to the World Cup quarter-finals."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...s/what-happened-everton-hosted-aston-25811361

Last edited: