Pre Season & Friendlies Thread | Page 78 | Vital Football

Pre Season & Friendlies Thread

it will be interesting to see how many turn up for Stevenage given there are free tickets and 7,000 away fans coming.
Lets see how many of the 30,000 waiting list show up

it will be interesting to see how many turn up for Stevenage given there are free tickets and 7,000 away fans coming.
Let's see how many of the 30,000 waiting lists show up

This is my point a chance to see their beloved Villa they moan they can't get tickets for then they don't bother when they get the chance.
7k from Stevenage is that not 700?

I don't get this mentality that it's not worth being in European competition unless its the champions league. Maybe for anyone who can remember 1982 its not much but what have we done since then to turn our noses up at anything?

Acting high and mighty because of our history and the fact that we're in the Premier league doesn't change the fact that a lot of players, especially from outside the UK will look at us and see a side that was in the championship recently and hasn't been in Europe for well over a decade.

We want to be considered a big club again but for some reason scorn the things that show we are a big club like being successful in the league and finishing high enough to get into these competitions.
I'm not being high and mighty. The two main European competitions will do, but the conference league won't pull punters through the turnstiles. Looking through the teams in it most of them are very, very average, and not sure we have a squad capable of playing Thursday night and giving a good account of ourselves without the Premier League performance suffering. The way Eufa are going we will have a Cup competition for getting in the top ten.

This is my point a chance to see their beloved Villa they moan they can't get tickets for then they don't bother when they get the chance.
7k from Stevenage is that not 700?
I read we are giving them all the North stand. I assumed that they'd sell out but on reflection I'm not sure they have that many fans and the stupid KO time won't help.

I read we are giving them all the North stand. I assumed that they'd sell out but on reflection I'm not sure they have that many fans and the stupid KO time won't help.

I watched them play Kiddy Harriers at the new Wembley in 2007, the novelty factor of going to the new Wembley and a crowd of 50,000 turned up so they must have a few fans for what amounts to their cup final at the big PL club

I watched them play Kiddy Harriers at the new Wembley in 2007, the novelty factor of going to the new Wembley and a crowd of 50,000 turned up so they must have a few fans for what amounts to their cup final at the big PL club
Maybe they will sell out then ? It's not on telly in the UK despite the weird KO time. Just after Xmas though and cost of living crisis , not sure how much we are selling the tickets for ? In a way it would be good if they sell out or it could be a very low attendance

Maybe they will sell out then ? It's not on telly in the UK despite the weird KO time. Just after Xmas though and cost of living crisis , not sure how much we are selling the tickets for ? In a way it would be good if they sell out or it could be a very low attendance

We have 30k current season ticket holders. All entitled to a free ticket. I doubt that many will refuse them, even if they are passed onto family and friends.

As a Wales fan [I know] there used to be tiny crowds of about 18,000 in a massive [rugby] stadium then some clever guy remembered doing 'Elasticity of Demand' in economics and halved the prices = free tickets for school kids = massive jump in attendance, super atmosphere, better future fan base and probably more income when sales of extras are taken into account. I'm all for filling the ground by selling cheap tickets, especially to families and kids in these hard times.

As a Wales fan [I know] there used to be tiny crowds of about 18,000 in a massive [rugby] stadium then some clever guy remembered doing 'Elasticity of Demand' in economics and halved the prices = free tickets for school kids = massive jump in attendance, super atmosphere, better future fan base and probably more income when sales of extras are taken into account. I'm all for filling the ground by selling cheap tickets, especially to families and kids in these hard times.
For cup games I agree. Not league games though where they've fleeced the ST community this season

Kiddy are massive everywhere we go…

It is funny how only small clubs chant that

We have 30k current season ticket holders. All entitled to a free ticket. I doubt that many will refuse them, even if they are passed onto family and friends.

Nearly caught me out this, deadline for guaranteeing your own seat is tomorrow 5pm. I’m giving mine to a mate who wants it