The World Cup Thread | Page 286 | Vital Football

The World Cup Thread

Shithousery in the game is fair enough but taunting a beaten team like that classless bunch of prats is out of order. The Argies would be the first to demand respect but showed none towards opposition who took them to the wire. Classless.
The Dutch did everything they could to talk shit about Argentina and Messi before the game and were merciless barracking Lautaro Martinez on his way to the spot kick. Live by the sword die by the sword.

You may be right but they have a rap sheet as long as your arm. Right the way back to Rattin in ‘66. Ramsey was right. Then we had the “Hand of God.”
I hope Emi gets motm but I ain’t supporting that lot in front of him.

You have to question the judgment of anyone waiting to see them arrive at an airport. Bunch of pampered underachieving overhyped wankers

Alright man, I think people get the point, you don’t like England nor the World Cup yet you have probably posted more than anyone else just from scanning back a few pages. I know you’re trying to save face but just be honest, no one is gonna care whether you watched the biggest sporting event on earth, it’d be pretty strange for a football fan not to.

Pampered? Well they’re the England first team, they’re hardly gonna be staying in tents in the desert for £200 a night. Underachieving? They’d probably admit that themselves. Overhyped? I don’t think they’ve been overhyped at all, the further they go the more hype they will generate naturally. Wankers? A few of them might be but I don’t know them personally so couldn’t possibly say.

I have just heard Gary Neville say that this loss ‘feels different‘ than the past ones. Inference being that we played well, it’s ok . Load of twaddle. Absolute load of twaddle. I have seen us play better than last night and still lose.
The other thing is he said it looks good for the future. Eh?. Wasn’t that what was said in 2018, in the euros. Yet we have done worse. Dear oh dear. The cliches every 2 years are laughable.

when you think we could have had giroud on loan, instead of the other, and he is still doing the biz at 37, he went close a couple of times, sucked them in and bang , all over,,,,seanie

And Rijkaard gobbing in Rudi Voller's hair and De Jong trying to put his boot through Xabi Alonso's chest to scare Spain out of trying to play. These aren't choir boys we're talking about.

Van Bommel and De Jong were nothing but destroyers in that World Cup run. I find that there is still this elitist view by European teams that they are above the rest of the world. You'd think South America came up with diving but the Spanish and Italians are masters of theatrics too. You've Keane and Co. sneering at the non-whites for dancing when they score or win a game. The Dutch went out there to stop Argentina playing from minute one, they sewed the seed of bad blood with that but if they had just played properly from the start they'd have won.

I hate to go there but Europeans have notions of themselves in all facets of life why would football be any different? The Argies have given themselves a name over the decades but they didn't just do it for no reason the other night. The Dutch have been dining out on Cruyff and Total Football for decades but there hasnt been a team in the last 20 years that wasnt as cynical as any Italian side defending a 1-0 lead with 10 mins to go.

It's pot kettle stuff from nearly every team in the tournament. While we're at it the Portuguese are the worst of them all, imagine having Pepe, Ronaldo and Penandez in one team and accusing someone else of cheating.

It's pot kettle stuff from nearly every team in the tournament. While we're at it the Portuguese are the worst of them all, imagine having Pepe, Ronaldo and Penandez in one team and accusing someone else of cheating.

It's apparently 'shithousery' - and what England/villa should be doing more of by all accounts.

The excuses for the level of classless cheating that gets bandied about because a player currently with us is part of it is bizarre.

Yeah Emi Martinez appears to have made shithousery cool with the cats on here . Listen , I love Villa winning games but I wouldn't want to see that employed too often , especially now we have an elite manager and are paying top 8 wages in the top euro league.

Be careful what you wish for

Nice guys finish last, we’ve played like pussies for years and have got no where, high time we deploy the dark arts and toughen up.

Nice guys finish last, we’ve played like pussies for years and have got no where, high time we deploy the dark arts and toughen up.

I know, Bit over the top and all of a sudden moralistic. Didn’t see anyone moaning when Emi1 went down with ‘cramp’ when we were seeing the game out v Manure at home . Or someone falling over a bit easily in injury time at BHA away. We all loved Young getting in the refs ear at a difficult time in a match recently . We loved Emi dancing in front of the the Manure fans when Rat face skied the last min penalty last season.

Careful what you wish for?. Trophy or two maybe? . We are not talking back handers or brown paper bags stuffed with cash. Nor are we talking the whole team running at the opponents after defeating them . It’s simple gamesmanship things that everyone else does bar none that we are doing.

Last edited:
I know, Aren’t some going completely over the top and all of a sudden moralistic. Didn’t see anyone moaning when Emi1 went down with ‘cramp’ when we were seeing the game out v Manure at home . Or someone falling over a bit easily in injury time at BHA away. We all loved Young getting in the refs ear at a difficult time in the match recently . We loved Emi dancing in front of the the Manure fans when Rat face skied the last min penalty last season.

Careful what you wish for?. Trophy or two maybe? . We are not talking back handers or brown paper bags stuffed with cash. Nor are we talking the whole team running at the opponents after defeating them . It’s simple gamesmanship things that everyone else does bar none that we are doing.
People will moan regardless what we do, we need to get used to having a high calibre manager who wants to make us into a team of winners. There's been a marked increase in gamesmanship and tactical fouls since Emery arrived and long may it continue. There isn't a team worth their salt out there who doesn't do this.

For me what England lack most is a midfielder like Griezeman, Pirlo, Netzer or dare I say, Sid Cowans. Somebody who can pull the strings, drop the ball on a tanner and open up packed defences. Mind you, we could do with a player like Sid Cowans.
Incidentally, I thought Rice did well last night. But he’s not Pirlo or Cowans.
Liked just for the mention of Netzer, what a player.

People will moan regardless what we do, we need to get used to having a high calibre manager who wants to make us into a team of winners. There's been a marked increase in gamesmanship and tactical fouls since Emery arrived and long may it continue. There isn't a team worth their salt out there who doesn't do this.
Yep, Man City for all their tippy tappy football, foul the opposition every single time they threaten to break away, never yet been picked up on by any pundit to my knowledge. Normally just a shirt tug or an arm pull so they have to tot up a few before they get booked then Pep subs them to prevent a sending-off later in the game. It's all part of the tactics

Onward and upward. Some in that team should have played their last game and new faces should be appearing in the next squad whoever the manager is. Cody, Maguire, Henderson, Trippier and Walker need phasing out. Sterling and Mount shouldn’t be automatic starters and backup for Kane is essential. New faces should include Ramsey, Eze, Calvert-Lewin and that kid Gordon.
Just my opinion, others may disagree and have alternatives.