The World Cup Thread | Page 285 | Vital Football

The World Cup Thread

yep although Rice is only 23. I don't think we have a striker coming through do we to replace Kane who lets face it is past his best now but still the best we have
Rice is one of the most overrated players I've ever known based on his form at West Ham this last year or so. Bang average

For me what England lack most is a midfielder like Griezeman, Pirlo, Netzer or dare I say, Sid Cowans. Somebody who can pull the strings, drop the ball on a tanner and open up packed defences. Mind you, we could do with a player like Sid Cowans.
Incidentally, I thought Rice did well last night. But he’s not Pirlo or Cowans.

I agree I've always said he looks like a converted CB and he is. He's not my idea of a midfielder

In fairness to him I think he has way more in his locker than the way Southgate and Moyes ask him to play. I've seen him take games by the scruff for West Ham, especially in Europe when they needed to get up the pitch and make things happen. He's asked to be a stopper in midfield so you don't often see what he can actually do.

In fairness to him I think he has way more in his locker than the way Southgate and Moyes ask him to play. I've seen him take games by the scruff for West Ham, especially in Europe when they needed to get up the pitch and make things happen. He's asked to be a stopper in midfield so you don't often see what he can actually do.

He just reminds me of when Konsa or Mings makes a mad run up the pitch then get stuck for what to do when they get there.
He's actually be a very useful playout from the back CB as would Kamara for us but they are too good for that on midfield

3 tournaments where things have opened up for us to make history but have failed against teams of similar quality to ours Croatia, Italy, France. Can you be unlucky 3 times or is it a case of you make your own luck and we haven’t done enough? I’m not sure.
Croatia passed us off the pitch, we were too timid against Italy. We were unlucky against France.

Just watched them arrive at Birmingham Airport and not a single one of them acknowledged the fans who had waited in the bitter cold to welcome them.

He just reminds me of when Konsa or Mings makes a mad run up the pitch then get stuck for what to do when they get there.
He's actually be a very useful playout from the back CB as would Kamara for us but they are too good for that on midfield
"Decs" is basically a centre half playing in midfield

I'll take shithousery over trying to bore the opposition to death. I'm team Argentina for that game.
Shithousery in the game is fair enough but taunting a beaten team like that classless bunch of prats is out of order. The Argies would be the first to demand respect but showed none towards opposition who took them to the wire. Classless.

Shithousery in the game is fair enough but taunting a beaten team like that classless bunch of prats is out of order. The Argies would be the first to demand respect but showed none towards opposition who took them to the wire. Classless.
They've been doing it for decades.

I think there was a lot of chat from the Netherlands which prompted the reaction needless though it was. One of the Dutch players even got booked during the shoot out.