Tics v Hornets | Page 2 | Vital Football

Tics v Hornets

Very entertaining game. Great performance, attacking intent, used the full pitch well and seemed to have options. Gutted and surprised not to take at least a point against a recent Premier league side. Got full value today and haven't left pissed off.

Down side was definitely the subs. Without having insider knowlegde, Keane was the obvious one to pull. But if Broadhead and Cousins did need to come off, why not take advantage of the width and put Scully on early and send Max inbthe middle? The right men came on, just too late.

Also worth a mention was that I thought the officials got almost everything right and were fair going both ways. Made for an entertaining game

Trouble is, Broadhead and Cousins can't manage 90 mins and need to be nursed through games Leams said as much.

So so negative that today. First 10 mins we plat well forcing the play n keeping it on the deck....cue the next 35 mins...sit back, sit back n defend n put 7 yes 7 playes on the back line...what chance of an outlet with that set up. 2nd half much more of the same negatively, defenders telling Jamie J to slow the play down at nil nil, obv tactic from LR looking for a point. Sadly Max was only marginally better than he's been of late but def needs dropping & sad to say JM is a liability at the back n offers ZERO going forward of late. Stoke up next so no doubt the same defensive shite from LR on Wednesday night.

No criticism on your view whatsoever Jock, but I almost saw the exact opposite of that today. There was none of the nonsensical centre mud charging at the defenders for the ball that we usually have. I will admit though that our plays always seem to want the ball with their back to goal. I was always taught that was a big no

Fair summary Kendal, absolutely peed off that we concede on 87 in a game we didn’t deserve to lose against some very pacy and tricky forwards….a draw would have been fair.

The ref however was ridiculed by them after they scored… the tricky dribbling sub who won the corner they scored from got hurt in the process, but after the goal he hobbled to the touchline, signalling that he wanted to come off …but they had used their three allowed substitute breaks so instead he sits down three yards from the touchline having walked 50 yards to get there!….ref rightly tells him and the Watford staff to go off the pitch for treatment and they just ignored him ….and he did nothing!….should have booked him and/or told Latics to kick off with him still on the floor. Absolute piss take
Oh and Shinnie’s booking was ridiculous …a foul OK …but a booking ? a joke (I wasn’t feckin laughing mind)
Looking forward to Wednesday now….that was a million miles better than the Middlesbrough fiasco …but another ‘nil’ at home 🫣

Oh and I should stress what an absolute gobshite ‘pound shop Wenger’ that soft get Bilic is.
A prize ‘arm waving tit’ ….shithouse ! ….look forward to his sacking …with Watford, it’s a fair guess he won’t last till Easter.

Well, 1 out of 2 ain't bad ... but I'd have preferred it the other way round (play poorly but snatch the points).

Played very well first half. 2nd half, they took more control, but we still tried going at them. Created some excellent chances, but unfortunately none of them were quite clear-cut. We had a nailed on penalty at the corner in the first half where we hit the post, but nothing really went our way.

I have to say, Watford played some of the best football I've seen at our place this season ... nos 4 and 12 were excellent ... but for all that, they didn't create that many good chances themselves.

Hotting the bar with the last touch of the game says it all.

Bugger. We suck it up and move on to Stoke. A big game.

Anyone got a stat on how many goals we concede with Josh on the pitch, it just feels playing him and reverting to brexit football just causes us to deal with so much more pressure, subs were so negative, and put us under pressure, players did well, but Leam costed us there.
How can you possibly blame him!!
I do despair

Paul Kendrick just tweeted that was Shine’s fifth booking and he‘ll miss the Stoke game ….Bollocks to it , thought he (along with J Jones) were very good today
(He’s hardly played how the f*** has he got five bookings.)

Thought we played well today against a strong side who have been settled at PL and Championship level for years.
Bringing Broadhead off was right, as he was one of our poorer players today. Thought Leam was right not to cause too much disruption to a team that was doing OK. Negatives today were McLean and Broadhead. Best players were Tilt and Kerr with notable contributions from Whatmough and Jones

When is Liam going to realise you can't score goals without the ball so why keep giving it to the opposition?

Alo interesting to see a team do something creative from unlike us.

Another goal conceded from a set piece in our own 6 yard box.
Lessons do not seem to be learned.

Thought we played well today against a strong side who have been settled at PL and Championship level for years.
Bringing Broadhead off was right, as he was one of our poorer players today. Thought Leam was right not to cause too much disruption to a team that was doing OK. Negatives today were McLean and Broadhead. Best players were Tilt and Kerr with notable contributions from Whatmough and Jones
Negative for most of the season has been McClean. He just isn't good enough for this level although there are others who also fit that bill.
Got to feel terribly sorry for Leam as he was totally let down by the owners in the summer transfer market however through with some of his tactics and selections he hasnt helped himself at times.
We will be relegated if something is not done in January.

No criticism on your view whatsoever Jock, but I almost saw the exact opposite of that today. There was none of the nonsensical centre mud charging at the defenders for the ball that we usually have. I will admit though that our plays always seem to want the ball with their back to goal. I was always taught that was a big no

Funny how we all see it differently, we were the better team in the first 10 mins n then try to defend for the next 78 min wen they score....having defended / slow build up play for all that time before conceding can u turn ur play into attack for the last 10 mins or so of play....imo LR got it all wrong in playing for a point n it came back to bite him in the arse big time. My main gripe is how the fuck is MP a guaranteed started every bloody week....piss poor throw ins, piss piss poor long throws & even pissier ( I know it's not a word) crosses.....needs benching for a few weeks. Just a shame MP ain't on 5 yellows n that way he deffo misses next match.

Proud of our team's performance today and we were desperately unlucky. I'm surprisingly confident after the second half at QPR and the match today that good times are not far away. I also thought today's performance was really entertaining, particularly when we kept the ball on the deck and passed it in the second half. Despite losing, I feel upbeat tonight.